Status
Not open for further replies.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
From the ebay listing:

Low Ohm protection (will not fire when resistance is less than 2.2 ohm)

Is that true? Seems rather limiting.

that does seem super limiting... i just got used to using 1.8 ohms and it would suck if i had to back track up to 2.2.
who the hell makes the circuits for these damn things? first we have auto batteries that have 4 secend cuttoffs and to top that with the 2.0 ohm cutoff... then we have egos that fire at 3.3V... STOP CRUTCHING THE devices. no wonder alot of these "starter" items dont really help alot of people...

crtman4

Apr 14, 2014
West Michigan USA
Just ordered a silver one for $14 shipped, we will see. It looks like paint not the rubber coating everyone said came off so I went silver....though I like the chrome look. Figure it would be nice for weekends. Still going to buy more ego 450s they are tiny seem to work fine for my daily use, I mean why swap clearos when I can just run a few flavors lol.

crtman4

Apr 14, 2014
West Michigan USA
Ran it over 2 days before it turned blue, tried to use it all the time so 98% usage I'd say. Ran it most of today blue plan to charge it tomorrow then it will be good for the weekend. I like it a lot, even though its larger than the tiny ones the weight makes it bottom heavy so it is nice to handle. Its still pretty short like a 650 about, it dishes out the power for a long time. While it is heavier maybe not as much as one would expect. You can't go wrong at $14 shipped, guy shipped it out right away too his name was chevy something. It will also stand up on its own, that is handy.

The silver is not slippery but is smooth finish. Not sure how it will last I did scratch off a little with a fingernail on the tip ring. Finish is dull silver but still looks nice with assorted chrome clearos on it. Ran a CE6 or something last two days, also ran a tobac bcc 1.8 with no issues and an evod-c, but run those on all my batteries no problem. Its pretty compact with the evod-c and still holds 2ml. I did mod one with larger holes the draw is little tight more like a ce4 or evod, and dropped a lower ohm coil in it they have larger air slots. It is close to a T3S that way. Yes I like my mini t3s's but the evod-c is much cheaper and most compact one I have found for small batteries. The mini t3s is same length and could be shorter if they cut down the drip tip but the evodc looks cooler imho.

Last edited:

Jason Coombs

Jan 30, 2012
Sacramento, Ca
Anyone have an update on these? I've gone through three of them now and they all give me the 3 blinking lights like there's a short after only a few weeks. My newest one after, 1 week, gives me three blinking lights after 2 seconds of draw. Fully charged. I know its not my clearo because it works fine on my other batteries. I loved them when they worke, but don't want to buy any more...I'd like to see if the three that I have can be fixed. Any ideas?

msrfrog

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Catskill NY
Anyone have an update on these? I've gone through three of them now and they all give me the 3 blinking lights like there's a short after only a few weeks. My newest one after, 1 week, gives me three blinking lights after 2 seconds of draw. Fully charged. I know its not my clearo because it works fine on my other batteries. I loved them when they worke, but don't want to buy any more...I'd like to see if the three that I have can be fixed. Any ideas?
Mine started acting up. Picky about the tanks. But I just use my vamo .

DreamerOzzy

Sep 16, 2014
CA, USA
I have this exact battery and I've got mixed feelings. The battery life is very impressive....but it seems to be picky on the tanks I can use. From time to time, I'll get a tank that comes with a coil installed and I have to swap it out with a different brand new coil to get it to work on this battery. Yet I can take the same tank off and put it on any of my other batteries and it works just fine. Frustrating really. I won't be spending money on another one, but I will keep it as a backup for when my VS2 is on the charger.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
same - i Had this battery but gave it away as it was just to much hastle.

i like the battery life

i hate the battery construction. - the ego connector/module is the real issue with these as they were machined and fitted stupidy.

for those who it wont fire certain tanks - if you ever see my video on how to dissasemble - the issue lies within the "negative/ground" part of the ego board/thread construction. the negative is pushed on the connector and not soldered so it wiggles free every now and then when screwing tanks on/off.

these were easy enough to fix, but HOW EASY it is to fall apart in my pocket, is why i gave mine away....

sorry for the sailer mouth in the video - these batteries made me mad!!! :mad:

Ego 2200 Taken apart. - YouTube

edit:------ also ordered one of these to see if the newer design wont fall apart

battery number 2 1866500-3.jpg

Last edited:

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest
also ordered one of these to see if the newer design wont fall apart

battery number 2 View attachment 375508

be using the newer styled 2200mah egos. and to be honest im quite suprized with how much better the design is.

slightly longer then the original 2200egos, these come with color changing LEDs to depict battery life(is a must with these HUGE egos), and have had no issues with ANY of my tanks. didnt test EXACTLY how low, but mine fired down to 0.8ohms - didnt try to go lower to see if it tripped a short protection.

definatly more dependable, as ive dropped mine from a second story window onto concrete(im dumb ok... i know) and not a single scratch or indication that it even fell or was damaged. works just like it did before the drop.

the button housing is slightly shorter, making the button placement "shorter" - and may cause you to press it angled, and may cause future stuck buttons.

6-8H to fully charge from dead, on a standard 420ego charger. charge till green, then disconnect the usb for a few seconds and reconnect to "resume" charging for another half hour to an hour.

defdock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2011
Dark Forest

i got mine off fasttech. i got the silver - manufacture A version.

Two questions about this
DO you need special batteries for this?
Why use an ego charger when you could get a full size charger?

the battery is fixed on the inside, and cannot be changed - just like every other EGO battery

there are some newer "high capacity" egos out, and i *think* they come with a doctored up ego charger ment for high capacity egos - 1000MAH output rather than the usual 420MAH out. ---------yet to see the chargers seperately so i cannot confirm this "theroy" yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread