Anyone tried or have opinions on theclones of the Pax Ploom or other direct tobacco vaporizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Submaniac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Anaheim
Saw that focalecig had a clone of the Pax Ploom

$57.94 PAX "2600mAh" by ploom Premium Vaporizer - black

I've been meaning to try the original Pax Ploom for a while, but at $250 didn't want to spend the $$$ when I'm still iffy on whether I would like it. $57 I can deal with. Tried ordering it, but (even though it says Free shipping...focalecig does not actually give free shipping on this).

So then I found this at fasttech and ordered it for $35.$35.68 Titan-1 Dry Content 2200mAh Rechargeable Hybrid Starter Kit - red at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Has anyone tried the clones? My question is whether it works as good as the originals, or whether you need to spend the big bucks to get a good solid matter vaporizer. Or if you have the originals, is it worth it to vape tobacco.

And no I will not be smoking herb...strictly tobacco. The reason I am interested in these things is I like the idea of being flexible to just go to a store and get actual tobacco instead of having to buy juice from vape shop. Don't plan on it replacing normal juice vaporizer, but it is nice for additional option, tobacco is cheaper than juice, and when I go overseas to countries where you can't readily get nic juice, this may be a lifesaver. Thanks.

anumber1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2014
NW Ohio
Not sure, not into these things but for 36 dollars you don't have much to lose. One thing to know about Fasttech and mods that ship WITH batteries, you will be waiting at LEAST a month before you see it.
I dunno... I got batteries through Singapore post in 14 days last week. Not bad!

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
I dunno... I got batteries through Singapore post in 14 days last week. Not bad!

You're lucky I waited 6 and a half weeks via Singapore for a measly 2 pair of VTC5 batteries.

To the OP: Sorry I couldn't be of much help about the mod itself, I really don't know much about that stuff but you can try other forums that use that for other things if you know what I mean. They may know more about that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread