Anyone know if you can test a carto?

Status
Not open for further replies.

slypknot

Nov 14, 2010
NC
I've recently purchased a few of these, just experimenting with different vape equipment to see what I like/dislike.

One thing I have found is after loading up a carto with juice (20+- drops) it may/may NOT work. May/may not taste good. May/may not be doa.

My question is: Anyone know of a decent way to test a carto out prior to completely loading it up with juice? As is only using 4-5 drops and if it works then pack it full? I just hate to think about how much juice can be lost if one buys a 5 pack of bad cartos.... that someone being me of course :)

Traver

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
WV
You can take the plastic cap off and drip a few drops into the carto or in the battery end. To some extent it depends on what kind cartomizer you are using. On the E2 dripping on to the coil may be better on others the battery end might work better. You can also test it with a meter to see if it is working at all.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
I think....
I have read where a veteran vapor had said ... that they used pure vg to prime & clean carto's ,

so I would think using vg first before filling with actual juice would work to test one ...

once checked you could just blow the vg out or just vape past it then add juice ...

I use pure PG. It's inexpensive, easy to work with, and works great for testing and general cleaning. Perfect when you want to change a flavor in a carto. And no drying afterwards is required. Just empty your carto by doing a reverse Taryn spin or simply blowing out the excess.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
I test mine all before I use them. I got a bad one once and was upset I wasted 1ml of my good liquid on it. mine measure 2-3 ohms.

This is correct. What are you testing? Adding only a few drops and you will burn wadding. 100% vg without a sryinge and it will take some time to soak all the wadding. That stuff is really thick. 100% PG will work but a voltmeter is much quicker and easier. Most sites list Ohms for cartos and if not you can ping the vendor. I run Boge LR 2.0 and 1.8 ohm cartos and hit them with a meter prior to first fill. If a carto does not ohm out then I would not fill it. I have been through a few cartos and I have only had ONE bad one. Best of luck.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Liv2ski has the correct answer, Ohm meters are the best tool a true vapor could have and they are dam cheap, I got a decent one recently for $3 from dealextreme to replace one that went bad on me, Once you own a meter you kind of get use to ohm'ing everything out before you hook it up whether it be a Carto or Atty plus you know if you have any DOA's on arrival of an order and can instantly let the vendor know to send replacements instead of waiting till you get around to using it and then its to late.
Bottom line = purchase a Multimeter it has a ton of other uses as well

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
I used to test all mine with a multimeter, but the Boge carto's have made me careless and I no longer do. So far, after about 30 Boge 2.0 carto's, I have yet to find a DOA. I'm so impressed with them that I'm fixing to order 200 or so of them in bulk.

Sounds like a CoOp oppertunity. I would jump in w/50 to 100. I wonder what the cost would be for 1000?? I am sure 8 or 10 would jump in for these. If you check and there is a big price difference by going to 1000 PM me and I will commit.

Travis798

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
Oklahoma
Sounds like a CoOp oppertunity. I would jump in w/50 to 100. I wonder what the cost would be for 1000?? I am sure 8 or 10 would jump in for these. If you check and there is a big price difference by going to 1000 PM me and I will commit.

Lol when I said I was "fixing to" I meant I had my finger on the trigger. My order is already placed for 40 5 packs. I'm trying to keep my orders small enough to hopefully avoid getting caught up in customs yet large enough to actually yield a savings.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Lol when I said I was "fixing to" I meant I had my finger on the trigger. My order is already placed for 40 5 packs. I'm trying to keep my orders small enough to hopefully avoid getting caught up in customs yet large enough to actually yield a savings.

Would you share cost and vendor? I assume you bought LR 2.0. Did they have lower resistance options? PM if you would be so kind. Thanks

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread