Not open for further replies.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Just absolutely do not drip and drive! Tee Hee....
Ok, you just put a few drops in the atty and puff away? I have a 510 tank atty-would that work? If not, I have ego mega cone attys.
510 tank atty? Do you mean a cartomizer that goes in a tank?

Any atomizer will do. Not a cartomizer, just a plain old atomizer. When it's totally clean and bone-dry, drip about half a dozen drops into it and let it sit for a few minutes. Then give it a try. Whenever it starts to get a little dry/is not producing as much vapor, drip 3 more drops and continue vaping.

Although any atomizer will do, each tastes and performs quite differently. Some are better suited than others. The 901 and 306 are particularly good for dripping. The 510 is fair. The 510-t is better. But, you can drip on any atomizer. Just give it a try and see which you like best.

ETA: I'm assuming that you're using manual batteries. But, just in case, a reminder: Do not drip on an automatic battery unless you really know what you're doing and are willing to risk juice getting down into your battery and ruining it.

Last edited:

breeld

Verified Member
Jun 22, 2010
Alabama
I don`t use the t-tank on the 510 because I don`t like the flavor the tank produces. It came with a kit I ordered. So...the atomizer would be useful enuff to just at least try dripping, I guess. I need to clean it-it`s been sitting for a few months with a filled tank in it.
If it works ok, I`ll probably get a dripping atty. Still seems like a lot of work, constantly putting in drops, but I guess you get used to it-like everything else. If it gives good flavor, it`d probably be worth it.

Barto

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2011
Kapetown
Just absolutely do not drip and drive! Tee Hee....
glare.gif

Ok, you just put a few drops in the atty and puff away? I have a 510 tank atty-would that work? If not, I have ego mega cone attys.
glare.gif

Thanks for the tip!

manonthemoon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
NY
I too have regressed back to 510 batts. I got a couple of Infernos but for some reason always find my self going back to my Volcano magma batts. Currently, using the Inferno Tankomizer on the magma (510s)...I know it can mess up the batt but I haven't found a better setup. Still searching though. Just ordered some more magma batts for backup.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
...just wondering if people still uses the 510?

Yepper.
Hung up the e-cig a few years ago after seemingly getting off the butts. Life happens though and a few months ago I fell back to smoking the cigarettes. Yeech!

Last week I dug out my stash of 510 attys and mini batts, all good and some o' the batts still had a charge. These have been keeping the cigarettes at bay just as they did "way back when"!

Wondering if some 510 people can help me - I'm new to vaping and just got an Innokin AIO 510-T and juice from Cold Turkey (24mg) -

I find that when I inhale there is a "dusty"/"particle type feeling hitting the back of my throat, not really like a real cigarette, it's almost as if the particle are bigger(?) harder (?) than smoke. I can see a lot of vapor when I exhale. Does that mean something is wrong with with my 510-T, is it vaping correctly?

Also, I don't really taste anything at all. I can smell a little of the vapour when I exhale but there's really no taste at all when I inhale, is that usual? The bottle says 70 VG 30 PG, not sure what that means but I've seen it mentioned in threads.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
You may want to ask your questions in one of the main forums (New Members or General E_Smoking). They get a lot more traffic than these quiet little subforums. Your question, after all, really isn't about the 510. It's about the juice and general vaping info.

In the meantime, I'll do the best I can.

70VG/30PG shouldn't be particularly harsh. But, 24 mg/ml strength could be making the vapor a little harsh.

Another consideration is the fact that 70VG/30PG may be too thick too wick well. That could be making it harsh also.

Another possibility is your vaping technique. When vaping, take the vapor into your mouth first. Don't inhale directly into your throat and lungs.

I, personally, use 70PG/30VG. It's thinner and wicks better. Most people say that PG is harsher. But, VG feels harsher to me. Everyone is different.

I hope some of this helps. But, I still suggest going to one of the busier subforums to ask your questions. They have a lot more traffic and will get you a lot more suggestions. A lot of the veterans around here even hang out on the New Members forum just so that they can help all the newbies getting started.

Good luck. I hope you figure it out.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
My 510 stuff sits.

I tried to sell 'em, and I tried to use them to get a friend to switch (same friend now has cut back using my 400 Mah Min-Ego/Evod), so they sit. I have this batch of 510's, plus several 510 "Mega's" (the longer ones).
I upgraded in baby steps!
510/carto --> 510 mega/carto --> 510 mega/Nano --> Ego

510kit2_zps225f26c7.jpg

Agreed, 70%VG is too thick for a 510. You'd be better off with a juice that is 20-30% VG at most. It sounds like you're getting dry hits, where the juice cannot travel up the wick to the coil fast enough, and what you're tasting is burning wick.

Thank you so much - I guess even though I'm using a 510-T it wouldn't make a different..I just bought what came stock from Cold Turkey Juice and they came as 70vg/30pg off the shelf (well through the mail). I guess I should contact them to see if I can exchange them. Thanks!

Does this mean my wick(atomizer?) is damaged? Should I not use it anymore?

Proverb31

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2013
Overland Park, Kansas, USA
My 510 stuff sits.

I tried to sell 'em, and I tried to use them to get a friend to switch (same friend now has cut back using my 400 Mah Min-Ego/Evod), so they sit. I have this batch of 510's, plus several 510 "Mega's" (the longer ones).
I upgraded in baby steps!
510/carto --> 510 mega/carto --> 510 mega/Nano --> Ego

510kit2_zps225f26c7.jpg

I love this stuff. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread