Any one ever encounter threading problems with Legacy to AGA-T2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
This is weird. My AGA-T2 won't thread on to my newly arrived Legacy PV. goes about 1/3 turn and stops fast. The aga goes on all my other pv's no problems. My legacy has no problems threading onto all of my other devices with the exception of a GS-360 clearo, which exhibits the same problem (though the 360 mounts up with all my other pv's fine as well).

I should add that the contact screw in the adapter end of the legacy is completely recessed.

My only conclusion is that the two hate each other (probably over a girl) and refuse to be joined together in vapory goodness.

Any more rational ideas?

KiLLJoY82

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
Malaysia
www.idonthaveone.com
This is weird. My AGA-T2 won't thread on to my newly arrived Legacy PV. goes about 1/3 turn and stops fast. The aga goes on all my other pv's no problems. My legacy has no problems threading onto all of my other devices with the exception of a GS-360 clearo, which exhibits the same problem (though the 360 mounts up with all my other pv's fine as well).

I should add that the contact screw in the adapter end of the legacy is completely recessed.

My only conclusion is that the two hate each other (probably over a girl) and refuse to be joined together in vapory goodness.

Any more rational ideas?

Hey there mate..i own quite a number of chinese mods and their acc products..usually its the threading issue..i do have 2 of the same tanks but 1 could fit into my mod while the other couldnt..basicly its the manufacturing issue with the threads..happens at times when you mass produce in large quantities..best solution i have is to slightly sand down the threads gently and not to accidentally shave off any wanted threads..and try to screw it again..do not force them..as the threads could possibly mess up your mods threading if you apply excess force..nothing major but a pain in the .... if you asked me =(

onem0hit

Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Shepherdstown, WV
The heck of it is that it may just be a little more force required to smooth out a rough spot, but I'm not prepared to destroy my mod's threads trying to find out...

This actually was the case with my PS Icon, which is the old version of their PV. Luckily it didn't affect the threading in a negative way as it still works with all my other 510 connections. Though I would not recommend trying too hard as it is more likely than not going to strip some threading and ruin one device or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread