Any "beauty ring" replacements for the V5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner83

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2012
US
I prefer a non-tapered ring, so my bigger tanks have that flush look.

Does anyone make a straight-edge top cap for the V5? With how popular the Vamo is, you'd think someone would be making top caps for them, but searching Google and here isn't giving me any results.

If worst comes to worst, I will probably end up just buying a battery extension tube and cutting it down to size, since those thread right on the top.

Last edited:

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
fasttech resently replaced a failed SS v2 (stripped threads) for my daughter's BF. The replacement SS v2 had the v3/v5 head and a threaded top cap that looked like the v2 top cap. This however is the only one I have seen and searching the web has uncovered nothing to this point.
I'll provide photographic evidence if a sanity hearing is required (LOL).

Gunner83

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2012
US
Parts Access

another ecf member sent me this link cause i want to replace some parts on my V4 to make it more like my V3, just havent ordered them yet.

I've seen that page.

But I'm looking for something that just unscrews like the standard top ring. That looks like I need to pull the entire head, re-solder, etc?

I guess I'm chasing something that doesn't exist. :( I may just chop down an extension and see how it turns out.

Thanks for the info, guys.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
I've seen that page.

But I'm looking for something that just unscrews like the standard top ring. That looks like I need to pull the entire head, re-solder, etc?

I guess I'm chasing something that doesn't exist. :( I may just chop down an extension and see how it turns out.

Thanks for the info, guys.

Not non-existant, just unobtainium. At least to this point. LOL

Lexx

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2014
United Kingdom
I've considered cutting down a battery extension tube too, it would work perfectly, is a cheap option and fully customisable. Zero gap too if you use RBAs.

But, I really don't need a vv/vw mod any more, mechs are fine since I started building coils... 'tis the way forward IMO unless you are an avid cloud chaser...and even then a 650 and a 1ohm coil on my Pulse G is a real fog machine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread