Vamo V5 the best vw ecig vaporizer you can get for under $50

Status
Not open for further replies.

planes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
MA
Good stuff - waiting for my V5 to be delivered. Went from cig lookalike, to an Ego setup, to ordering this within 40 days...

If the step up from the Ego to the AVP is as good as the step up from a E-Cig lookalike to a Ego is, then I can't-bloody-wait :D

The difference is pretty drastic especially with stacked 18350's. (Be battery safe.) I can't even use my MVP 2 anymore so will probably go to a hanamod when they become available and come down about $100 in price for my travel mod.

The Ministry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
Cramlington, Northumberland, UK
I've ordered a Innokin SVD, two more 18650 batteries, a few more iclears (going to give the 30b a whirl) and another nitecore i4 charger today strangely enough.

Had the Vamo roughly four months now (ish) and it's working like a champ, but you know when you get that feeling it's going to go wrong? The buttons are starting to feel "flimsy" - and I've dropped it a ton so my fault entirely. Happy to report it's going strong though! The button finish is faded, and it's scratched a fair bit, but using it exclusively since January I kinda expected that.

Threads seem to be holding up, I sometimes use an airflow controller to reduce wear and tear but I found if I tightened it too much it pushed the center pin down on the Vamo. I'm more careful these days with not over tightening and had no issues since.

I think the buttons will fail eventually, so I've ordered a backup. When this dies, I'll order another V5 for sure. For the money it's a decent purchase.

Interested to see how the SVD compares to be honest. Plus, the first Nitecore I had crapped out on me and I never got around to sending it back, but if the new one works, has to be better than the Trustfire TR001 I have. If I have one battery on charge and the light is red, if I pop another battery in more often than not the first battery that was supposedly charging is suddenly "charged" and the light goes green. I'm pretty much charging one at a time currently which is a pain, but I figure I don't know if it's actually getting two batteries up to full charge being charged side by side. Not got much faith in it to be honest in regards to charging efficiency. I can't test it sadly, don't have the gear for that.

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
I'm a huge vamo fan, V2,V3,&V5. Got an SVD last Christmas. SVD is a better device. Telescoping, no battery fuss or tubes to keep track off. Far easier to access modes, sturdy & smooth threading, and a very consistent firing button. The only con is the sideways menu. In my case, it doesn't cook up juice any better but it is more satisfying in hand.

The only way to safely test a charger is the voltage in the battery. Is it fully charged? I had a surefire 500ma charger after three hours 3.9 volts? The red/ green trick too . Tried to get a verified schemo to test. Never answered 4 email queries. I've worked an electronics for 40yrs. Testing current without a thorough understanding of its properties is hazardous..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread