• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Any advice for my newfy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

want to quit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Germany/ Atlanta, GA
Hi everyone,

I rescued a newfy a couple of years ago. An idiot left her outside to die she was down to 35 lbs, heart worms and everything you can think off. We took her in and she looks amazing for her 10 years, 115lbs smiling every minute just a overall happy dog.

Recently she started to limp and I went to the vet yesterday receiving the news that she has bone cancer. Now the vet said amputation is no option since she is so old but before I accept his opinion I wanted to see if there is anyone out there that suffered through a similar situation or may even have a dog that was elderly and you still went with the amputation and it was successful?

I love this dog with all my heart she is part of my life like your pets are part of your life specially since she was rescued she shows her love in so many ways I cannot lose her. If she would be unhappy yes I would accept it but she is so so so happy there must be a way right?

Long story short again if anyone knows what I could do please let me know and also as much as it hurts if you guys have the same opinion as the vet that helps too but I want to see my options.

"He said we should spoil her as much as possible (she is already the princess) and one day she will let us know when she doesn't want anymore but amputation is no option since she is a big dog and old and she would not recover."

is he correct?

Thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread