another flooding carto thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedHen

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2012
Minnesota
I have been using the smoktek brand (purchased from V4L) cartos with success for several months. Lately I've been phasing out my V4L juices (which range from 80/20-70/30) and switching over to 100% VG Virgin Vapors juices. If you aren't familiar with VV juices, they are PG but thinned with distilled water to a consistency that is supposed to be tank-friendly.

Anyway, like I said... I've had little problems using the V4L juices in the tank other than occasional flooding... but usually after at least a full talk of juice has been used up. The first two tanks I've filled with my VV 100% VG juices have flooded almost instantly.... after maybe five drags. I am using the same fill method as always- 18 drops into the carto, then fill the tank and prime/dry hit it while covering the bottom hole.

I really do not want to change my setup... I use Vapor Titan XL manual batts with 6ml tanks. I have several batts and ten tanks in rotation so I'd like to definitely continue using my tanks. I am using 1.5 ohm dual coil cartos that are double punched and 808 threaded. Is there perhaps another carto that would work better? V4L does not stock single punch cartos so if that would be the answer I would probably have to buy 510 threaded single punch cartos and maybe use them with an 808-510 adapter so they'll work on my current batts...

help?!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It sounds like you need a single holed carto, because as a successful cartotank user I trust you know what you are doing. I can provide you a link to an online vendor that offers both 808-thread and 510-thread Smoktek laser drilled tank replacement cartos.

Tank Replacements

It appears that the 808's that are available are multiple holed, so those likely won't help your cause. The 510 threaded ones in both single and dual coil versions do have single holes available, so you may need to get a 808-510 adaptor if you choose to use those.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread