Not open for further replies.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
To update, I did go ahead and make an order with mt. baker. Four juices on order and they have a 5 pack of Kanger heads for 8.59...quite a deal.

Hope the juice is good.

I will maybe eventually give ahlusion a try if/when they ever have anything in stock. Thanks those of you who recommended mt. baker.

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
I will say they have an interesting order system.

But devil dog & BGB are hands down the best tobacco liquids I've tried. Imo worth the hassle. Plus they do have excellent customer service. I emailed them a question around 10:30pm on a Sunday & had a response by 11pm.

They've relocated recently (anyone following wizard labs knows this reeks havoc) & had it certified, are opening a cafe/store front & continously have newcomers. Guess I'm trying to say they have a lot on their plate. Add in the insane attention to detail they give to each order & iirc they make their own flavors.

I understand not wanting to wait. I'm the most impatient person I know. But two things I can wait for, A+ liquid & co-ops.

Faxed in on the Mojo Wire

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
To update, I did go ahead and make an order with mt. baker. Four juices on order and they have a 5 pack of Kanger heads for 8.59...quite a deal.

Hope the juice is good.

I will maybe eventually give ahlusion a try if/when they ever have anything in stock. Thanks those of you who recommended mt. baker.

now is the perfect time to order!!
you will get your mt baker juice to tide you over until ahlusions order magically shows up at your door after you forgot you even ordered it. and then you will have 2 juices on the opposite spectrum of the quality scale. if your anything like me, youll understand why ahlusion is worth the wait. in a perfect world, you will notice absolutely no difference and be one of the lucky souls who can get away just buying mt baker and being satisfied

Bergster

Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
Arkansas
They do not have any coupon codes that I know of. Created an account and placed my first order with Ahlusion this morning for 60ml's of juice (six 10ml bottles) to sample before buying big bottles. I was a little bummed that I couldn't order aromatic blends, but I think I'll be pleased with Smooth Criminal and Gold Rising for the time being. Looking forward to ordering BGB and Devil Dog in the future.

I think they will be worth the wait and I don't really care how long it takes a vendor to ship my juice if it is top notch. I have so many juices backlogged because I keep a 2 month supply in rotation. I probably won't even get around to trying Ahlusion until June.

If you don't like waiting, take the MBV route to get your juice faster, but you get what you pay for. I gave all my MBV to my roommate who just started vaping about 4 weeks ago.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
now is the perfect time to order!!
you will get your mt baker juice to tide you over until ahlusions order magically shows up at your door after you forgot you even ordered it. and then you will have 2 juices on the opposite spectrum of the quality scale. if your anything like me, youll understand why ahlusion is worth the wait. in a perfect world, you will notice absolutely no difference and be one of the lucky souls who can get away just buying mt baker and being satisfied

I DIY 90% of my own juice and am pretty good at it. I wouldn't mind paying a heftier price for something premium, I just don't understand the business practices. It's the same reason I don't go to wal-mart anymore. I'm not waiting in line all day to save a few bucks. Take my money while it's being offered. If I have to wait to give it to you, I'm leaving.

If I were able to at least order it, this might be a decent plan, but all of the aromatic tobaccos are out, so are the flavorings, and other things are out as well.

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
I DIY 90% of my own juice and am pretty good at it. I wouldn't mind paying a heftier price for something premium, I just don't understand the business practices. It's the same reason I don't go to wal-mart anymore. I'm not waiting in line all day to save a few bucks. Take my money while it's being offered. If I have to wait to give it to you, I'm leaving.

If I were able to at least order it, this might be a decent plan, but all of the aromatic tobaccos are out, so are the flavorings, and other things are out as well.
if you make your own juice and are good at it you will almost guaranteed be highly dissapointed with mt baker

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
if you make your own juice and are good at it you will almost guaranteed be highly dissapointed with mt baker

We shall see. I mainly just am after a decent orange or citrus flavor that I can make on my own. Mt. Baker also sells diy flavorings so if I like it, I'll order their flavorings as well. I got a few types of flavors I've never tried before. No tobacco as they don't seem to specialize in that.

It's not that I am hating on Ahlusion. Really it's just frustration. I don't get it.

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
We shall see. I mainly just am after a decent orange or citrus flavor that I can make on my own. Mt. Baker also sells diy flavorings so if I like it, I'll order their flavorings as well. I got a few types of flavors I've never tried before. No tobacco as they don't seem to specialize in that.

It's not that I am hating on Ahlusion. Really it's just frustration. I don't get it.
hey man i have a whole bunch of their diy stuff. you can have it if you want, all of their flavors ruin every juice i make. you need above 10% to make a decent flavor, and the flavoring is so runny it thins out 100%vg to a waterlike state

edit: also, have you tried FA's mandarin? amazing orange/citrus flavor imho

Last edited:

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
is FA the same as TFA?

if so, I dont like most of tfa's fruit flavors....taste all chemical like...i did see the the mt. baker flavorings were stating 15-40% which is odd to me

i normally like capella and the ecig super concentrates....was all hyped about trying ahlusion flavorings but not available

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
is FA the same as TFA?

if so, I dont like most of tfa's fruit flavors....taste all chemical like...i did see the the mt. baker flavorings were stating 15-40% which is odd to me

i normally like capella and the ecig super concentrates....was all hyped about trying ahlusion flavorings but not available

I'm not big on TFA fruit flavors either. I like a few for other things, but not fruit.

Have you tried Vaping Zone super concentrated flavorings- really like them. They also have a new gourmet line. I also like Vapor Bomb flavorings because I like some of their fruit flavors.

bfrie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Circle Pines, Minnesota
is FA the same as TFA?

No, tfa is the flavor apprentice and fa is flavor art

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

harvinstl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2009
Columbia, MO

If you like their DIY stuff just head to flavorwest.com.

FW is less than $5-7/4ozs, compared to MtB's $2.99/.5 oz.

If you want to try some flavoring's premixed check out DIY Juice.com

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
If you like their DIY stuff just head to flavorwest.com.

FW is less than $5-7/4ozs, compared to MtB's $2.99/.5 oz.

If you want to try some flavoring's premixed check out DIY Juice.com

Wow thanks for that tip. What is the usual percentage with these flavors? I know it will vary by flavor but do you have a general range like 5-15%?

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Wow thanks for that tip. What is the usual percentage with these flavors? I know it will vary by flavor but do you have a general range like 5-15%?

I've heard 15% for FW. I've only tried one FW flavor, Orange Dream Bar and it's been awhile. I'd start with 10% and go from there.

The super concentrates you only use 2.5%.

Jingles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2011
Ohio
Oddly enough, great together. I wasn't that impressed with Chocolate Cream either, but Chocolate Dog was a tasty vape.
Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

I happen to like Chocalate Cream. I've ordered at least 3 30ml. bottles of it. I know some say it is a simple, boring flavor, but I love chocolate. To each their own...taste is subjective....blah, blah, blah.... just had to stick up for Chocolate Cream!

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I happen to like Chocalate Cream. I've ordered at least 3 30ml. bottles of it. I know some say it is a simple, boring flavor, but I love chocolate. To each their own...taste is subjective....blah, blah, blah.... just had to stick up for Chocolate Cream!

Gotta stick up for our loved ones!

I hold nothing against CC, like everything from Ahl it's a well made liquid. Chocolate vapes just normally don't click for me like I'd like them too, which is a shame since I loooove eating chocolate. Especially dark, put some 90% cacao in front of me and watch it vanish.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I've heard 15% for FW. I've only tried one FW flavor, Orange Dream Bar and it's been awhile. I'd start with 10% and go from there.

The super concentrates you only use 2.5%.

I do love the super concentrates but what I'm after (a good orange) I can't find there. Assume you are talking about ecigxpress? The two oranges they have I've seen reviews calling them flavorless almost useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread