After a long journey i found ecigs and they changed the way i enjoy life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
Midlands, United Kingdom
Ive been an analog smoker since i was 15, had my first cig at high school which i paid 50p out of my own lunch money, i did this day after day until several months later when i managed to get a friend to buy me a full packet.

Ever since then and when i left high school in continously smoked, i remember when i was at high school in my last year i thought "right as soon as i leave school i will quit!" unfortunately as you will know as ex smokers saying you will quit is never that easy.

I then got a job, went to college etc; and still smoked but last year especially i thought to myself i want to quit, it wasnt the money which was the problem but it was the health. MY whole family are very anti smokers which imbedded the whole thing to quit in my head even more so i decided i would give it a go.

First off i tried the whole cold turkey thing, i last about 1 day didnt work what so ever, i then tried to cut down so instead of having a cig every hour and a half have one every 4 hours, this worked for about a few weeks but then i gradually started to creep back to smoking more frequently.

Earlier this year i went to the doctors still determined to give up smoking. They prescribed me some lozenges, patches and some gum. They worked for a few days but yet i was still craving the touch, taste and feel of a ciggerette. I then went back to smoking normal cigs.

It was only when i watched the movie the The Tourist when i saw johnny depp smoking and he said in the film it was an electronic ciggerette, before watching this i had never heard of these things but i was interested as they looked so real.
I went to a site which sold the exact same one he used in the movie and ordered myself one but it wasnt that great but it helped me cut down massively. Whilst vaping i found this forum and learned about more better products etc; and i finally ordered myself a 901 which since using i have not smoked analogs for around 5-6 days.

THis is my short journey on how i started esmoking :vapor:

vape on!

Last edited:

LadyWeeps

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
Sacramento, CA
Welcome to the forums Patrick and the wonderful world of vaping! My journey started in a similar way after seeing them used on a television show. My husband is now banned from making fun of me for watching "that" particular show :)

There is a tremendous amount of information here and very helpful people. It's really easy to get overwhelmed at first but this will pass as you get used to the new language. I hope your experience with vaping will be as wonderful as mine and my husband's has been. We are both so happy to be vapers now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread