• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

After 6 Months?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Hey everyone!!
Well, its been past the 6 months on my eGo's.
Just want to say that these are a very good thought from Janty and have a STRONG staple in my collection. :vapor:
I will ALWAYS have a et of eGo's just to know I have a PV that will do almost everything. (except make coffee)
Now the BIG question is.... When will the Baby J be here?
I am just chompping at the bit to get that set (if and when it's manufactured). :facepalm:
I have enjoyed the eGo immensely and look foward to much more from Janty. :toast:
There are a lot of "others" out there like the eGo, but I don't think I would ever try them (not even to do a review). :p

This had been the very first device I bought from Janty, but won't be the last.
Glad I got this and really look forward to better PV's that come from Janty. I will say this, follow your first instinct, I did and am very Happy I did. :2cool:

NOTE: I went thru 3 batts, 3 atty's and 1 USB cable charger.
Now, for a BRAND NEW product, for me thats not bad. Glad they have the generous warranty!

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
Thats very good switched.
I am a very heavy vapor and I put mine thru hell and back.
If my PV doesn't last the first month, I won't use it anymore.
I really do put the device's to the test with what and how I vape.
I use to, at times, be able to smoke a marlboro cig in two drags.
As I got older I smoked more (from 1 pk up to 3-4 pks a day) but mostly they just sat in an ashtray.
But I am very hard on my devices.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Well I wouldnt' consider myself a very heavy vaper, but a heavy one. In all honesty I don't know. I thought I was vaping 3-5ml per day. I come to find out it is closer to 5-7ml, especially at HV or dripping. Considering what I have read wrt some folks battery life, I guess I am pretty fortunate. The original attys well that is not really a true testament towards their longevity as I use more than one atty in rotation, but with reasonable use they will last a long time. The janty attys are definitely more expensive, but to me they seem better built.

stubear62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2009
Myrtle Beach, SC
As for the build with Janty's att's they do have a better control on how their parts are made. I believe Mik does say something to this effect in their forum.
I use diff atty's with mine. I use the 510 Mega atty's with my eGo's exclusively. I will use just one atty until it goes. There are times I use a LR atty from Iken or EM and I use the 801 shorty LR from Iken (which I got yesterday) This I used for 6 hrs straight and I had no leaks, very little extra liquid left in it after I went back to the 510 Mega atty. Also I want to say that the Liquid was the same color as when the atty was new. I use the RY4 from MFS and theliquid was a light yellow. Now I believe the liquid never got burned with this atty and I am TOTALLY impressed..

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
The reason why I rotate my attys is I am not fond of mixing flavours, as I vape more than one flavour a day. But all things being equal, yes the Janty atty is better built IMO. That is why I was really put off when they decided to carry the mega cartos and mega attys/carts for the eGo, when they knew ahead of time it did not meet their QA requirements.

What remains to be seen is if they can rebound from such a controversial step in the wrong direction, as I am not the only one that was put off by it.

On the other hand some are indeed doing a lot of home work, Isaac is but one of them. I just hope he doesn't get burnt like some other vendors have in the past by the Chinese. I am not being a bigot here, it seems that they will produce a damn fine product only to go so par on subsequent orders. I searched for a long time to come to a decent supplier of SLBs. Isaac seems to be in solid with his mfr. I hope it lasts.

In closing, I believe their is indeed a cost associated with QC, but then again there is nothing wrong for paying a little bit more for something that is going to last twice as long. Mfrs still have an avenue for product that did not pass inspection. It needn't be disposed of, but headed to the bargain basement and, provided these bargain basements are knowns, should not be a problem. Far to many vendors and their customers are falling victim to questionable practices by manufacturers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread