Admin please read, threads being moved to wrong subsection

Status
Not open for further replies.

propagandax

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2012
St. Louis, MO
Dear mods, Recently there have been a number of popular threads that have been moved from the General E-Smoking Discussion to various product specific sub-sections. The problem is these threads have nothing to do with the sub-forums they are being moved too.....a couple examples of this include the following but there are others:

"njoy King" threads moved to "KR808D-1" subforum
(http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/kr808d-1/326318-njoy-king-looks-very-cool.html)
First the NJOY king has nothing to do with 808, in-fact there is no similarity other than its a cig style. Suggest you instead create a "Disposables" sub-forum.

"ERoll" thread moved to "Joye 501" thread.
(http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/joye-510/340059-joyetech-eroll.html)
Again, the ERoll has nothing to do with 501 battery other than its made by Joye and its small. I dont know the solution to this but there has to be a better option - I know the ERoll fans would love a dedicated subforum.

Please help!

Last edited:

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
WIth new staff there is always a small amount of training that must occur --simply report the post as incorrectly moved and It will get moved to where it belongs. as to the subforum requests have you considered a social group? if a thread has 500 pages but is mostly social in nature it does not warrant a model specific subforum because its is a social thread. If there is actual content and interest in the device then we can look into the subforum.

EricDykstra

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2013
Chicago,il
The information in the thread is almost all model specific. I think it would benefit the forum to have an Eroll/Ecab forum. The Eroll and Ecab are very similar and many of the model questions would apply to both. People are posting questions that have been answered, because they cannot sift through the 3000+ posts. Even knowing what I am looking for in the thread it is very hard to find.

anonym9199

Mar 6, 2013
Amsterdam
WIth new staff there is always a small amount of training that must occur --simply report the post as incorrectly moved and It will get moved to where it belongs. as to the subforum requests have you considered a social group? if a thread has 500 pages but is mostly social in nature it does not warrant a model specific subforum because its is a social thread. If there is actual content and interest in the device then we can look into the subforum.

Yes, I do believe there is actual content and interest in the device, and that it deserves its own subforum. Please take this request into consideration.

four2109

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2009
S. Indiana
The Eroll is not a "social group". It is a device unlike any other and I think it deserves it's own area. It seems odd that new staff would be moving threads if they don't know what the device is... or isn't.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest

You should be able to see from a quick, cursory scan that there is no social chit-chat in the eRoll thread. Even though many experienced vapors have found the eRoll to be a useful addition to their existing vaping gear I am particularly concerned that beginning vapors be able to locate the eRoll information they need easily.

An eRoll/eCab forum as EricDkykstra suggested would be ever so helpful. Any help along those lines would be greatly appreciated.

oldsoldier

Retired ECF Forum Manager
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
Lurking in the shadows
www.reboot-n.com
I guess we need to get a vendor to ask.
The answer would be no different. it will happen when the next round of forum additions occurs. I'll not respond to your insinuation, but you are always welcome to start your own forum or take that attitude over to NV or VF. ECF takes suggestions but we don't play the poll game and we most certainly cannot take every suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread