Absolute MINIMUM throat hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackjackel

Nov 8, 2010
california
I just started with the e-cig thing, I'm looking to replicate hookah throat hit, which is extremely minimal... For those that haven't tried it, it's possible to inhale a lungful like it was just air...

I've heard that PG increases TH significant, so now I'm looking at 100% VG juices.

I've also heard that high nic contect increases throathit, so I'm looking at a low nic contect, 12mg is what I'm looking at.... but agian, I want to replicate hookah, so how many mg would be closer to hookah nic content?

Lastly, and what I really want to know, is how significant does flavoring factor in on the throat hit? Because if it factors in a lot, I'd rather go with no flavoring...

blackjackel

Nov 8, 2010
california
Try vapor renu. They have options such as triple flavor and you can get the smallest throat hit option. Their medium throat hit doesn't even an ANY throat hit whatsoever and they're pretty cheap.

It could be anywhere from $6-$9 for 30ml depending on what options you picked

SWEET! and they're right by me, so I can save on shipping and possibly pick it up.

One bad thing though, I'm also concerned about vapor production, it says the low hit versions minimize throat hit at the cost of vapor production... damnit!

I wish there was a sampling or something so I could get the perfect balance, i like to blow smoke 0's

gymrat8168

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2010
Michigan
SWEET! and they're right by me, so I can save on shipping and possibly pick it up.

One bad thing though, I'm also concerned about vapor production, it says the low hit versions minimize throat hit at the cost of vapor production... damnit!

I wish there was a sampling or something so I could get the perfect balance, i like to blow smoke 0's

I believe you may have misunderstood the TH options. It is the other way around, the more TH you get will lower vapor production. They use PGA to increase TH which will thin the juice and produce less vapor. If you order 100% VG and lowest TH option you should be happy.

Skud

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
South Florida
www.powerstationstudios.com
I'm wondering why people seem to order 50/50 PG/VG or 60/40? Do people actually like throat hit?

IS there something wrong with VG? Does it produce less vapor? Why?

VG definitely creates more vapor, not sure exactly why as i'm not a chemist by any stretch of the imagination.

and yes, many people like throat hit because it helps replicate the "feeling" of inhaling cigarette smoke. i personally prefer less throat hit, but there are some here who can't seem to get enough of it.

Skud

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
South Florida
www.powerstationstudios.com
I would skip the PG simply because from my experiences, hookah tobacco is mild to begin with, and to simulate the "hookah smoke" experience, vapor production is a must. If you really wanna get into it, order some low-nic (maybe 3, 6, or 11/12 my nicotine) flavorless 100% VG juice along with a variety of tobacco flavors and some common hookah tobacco flavors (cherry, apple, etc). Luckily for you, hookah smoke is more similar in "feeling" to vapor than any other form of tobacco smoking that I've tried, so I think for you it's about getting the flavor combinations right. Keep in mind that lower nic generally equals less throat hit, as nicotine is naturally "bitter" or even "stinging" in and of itself. Good luck to ya! And happy vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread