About to pull the trigger on a Cherry Red ProVari, need opinions!

Which color LED would you get with a Red ProVari?

• Red w/ Red LED

• Red w/ Blue LED

• Red w/ Green LED

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Has there been a poll of the provari owners that post in this forum to see which is the most popular combo amongst us all? I guess those that own more than one would have to pick their favourite.

My fave will probably always be a mini- I can go 18350-650 battery. Cant do that with the standard.

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
My fave will probably always be a mini- I can go 18350-650 battery. Cant do that with the standard.

Good point. I do like the look of a provari best in mini form. But.... a 350 battery is just an incovenience for me. Fine when i am at home, but if im away or even out for a long day i'd rather not carry a spare batt around with me.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Good point. I do like the look of a provari best in mini form. But.... a 350 battery is just an incovenience for me. Fine when i am at home, but if im away or even out for a long day i'd rather not carry a spare batt around with me.

I prefer mini at home. Can always swap a battery in seconds.
Admittedly I just got my extensions today so I don't know yet how I'll feel about taking 18650 mode out the house.

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
I prefer mini at home. Can always swap a battery in seconds.
Admittedly I just got my extensions today so I don't know yet how I'll feel about taking 18650 mode out the house.

I'm gonna get myself a full-size sooner or later with an e/cap as the mini feels lonely without a friend to play with ;)

I think 18490 is a good compromise - just about gets me through the day as long as I'm not turning the voltage up too high (i dont do it often so it works out ok)

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
I started out with the full size, just got my mini yesterday and I haven't put it down since.
I truly couldn't believe how small she is so dainty and elegant.Well hands down the mini is my favorite and you all know what that means...
got to have a back up sigh... it will wait till next year.:laugh:

Damn... i just realised... if i get a full size then i will need a back-up mini and a back up full size. I'm defintely not buying any more than 4 though. I think thats a fair and reasonable limit to impose on myself.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I'm gonna get myself a full-size sooner or later with an e/cap as the mini feels lonely without a friend to play with ;)

I think 18490 is a good compromise - just about gets me through the day as long as I'm not turning the voltage up too high (i dont do it often so it works out ok)

I have 18350 & 18650 batteries- I don't want a size that requires me to buy yet anothor size battery (18490).

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
I'm not keen on the Mini myself... Simple because I know that a single 18350 would never cut it at work... And if I'm gonna use an 18490, well those work in the standard too... And with a single extension cap I can go to 18650.

I mean, I love the small form factor of the Mini, it just wouldn't be practical for me... Except maybe around the house, where I can swap the battery out real quick. I have a feeling though that I would almost always have an extension cap on it... And seeing as how I don't like the look of an extension cap anyway, I prefer the standard ProVari

Heck, there is no wrong choice! I'll probably get a mini some day... just because...

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
I'm not keen on the Mini myself... Simple because I know that a single 18350 would never cut it at work... And if I'm gonna use an 18490, well those work in the standard too... And with a single extension cap I can go to 18650.

I mean, I love the small form factor of the Mini, it just wouldn't be practical for me... Except maybe around the house, where I can swap the battery out real quick. I have a feeling though that I would almost always have an extension cap on it... And seeing as how I don't like the look of an extension cap anyway, I prefer the standard ProVari

Heck, there is no wrong choice! I'll probably get a mini some day... just because...

My mini with a tat ring and extension cap.

20131108_132517_20131108_132557_zps9ad2582b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread