About to buy Prodigy V3 3.7 volt

Status
Not open for further replies.

ledouxmike

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Lafayette, LA
I'm planning on buying the prodigy V3. I've read the reviews and watched videos.
I've heard that some atty's and carto's might not work with this unit. I think it was the SLB brand atty's that had a problem. Which atty's are carto's have problems with these units? I have a couple 306LR's on the way but might also run 510LR's. Can anyone recommend good cartomizers that work well with this unit. I've used the reg 510 boge's on my ego and don't care for them. I like a ton of vapor and flavor. Throat hit isn't really that important. Will I have a problem killing atty's with this setup?

Also, do the batteries rattle with the 3.7 volt battery?

Overall, this unit looks very appealing, I just want to find out about these little details before I push the buy button. Thanks.

CaSHMeRe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2008
USA
hey ledoux ....

lets see ...

1) Almost ALL 510 atomizers & cartomizers will work with the Prodigy V3.1 (we have loosened the tolerances up a bit) ... The only ones that continue to stay hit or miss sometimes are the SLB. SLB's will still work, they just need to be worked on & off a bit.
2) I am current running the V3 @ 3.7v with Boge LR Carto's. I also enjoy LR 306's and use those both on my ICON & V3.
3) Assuming you are starting at 3.7v, you won't go through as many atty deaths like you would starting at 6v :) 6v users tend to go through a handful until they completely learn the ropes (ie: pulsing the button if need be, correct set up SR vs. HR, etc...)

Seeing as you have a few 306's, I would get the V3 with some stainless boge lr cartos :) We also have some BE510 carto's which alot of people like, so you may want to try a couple of those to see if those meet your needs better than others :)

Boge:
Boge 510 Cartomizer
BE:
BE510 Cartomizer

Good luck!

ledouxmike

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Lafayette, LA
Thanks for replying. My V3 should be here in a couple of days. I've been checking out cartomizers and from what I've heard the boge LR's and the Ikenvapes are both really good. How do the boge's compare to dripping on an atty?

I also use 510 Boge LR cartos at 3.7v on my Prodigy and have had no issues whatsoever. I could not be happier.
You will not kill LR attys, as long as you keep them wet.
And no, the single battery does not rattle.

Thanks for replying. My V3 should be here in a couple of days. I've been checking out cartomizers and from what I've heard the boge LR's and the Ikenvapes are both really good. How do the boge's compare to dripping on an atty?

Dripping is OK, you get great vapor and flavor... but you constantly have to add juice. Like every 2 or 3 puffs... I drip at home, when I want to try out different juices.
For on-the-go vaping and at work, I find using cartos much more convenient. Fill it up and puff away.. A little while later, top off the carto and continue vaping.

davedamage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
indiana
Dripping is OK, you get great vapor and flavor... but you constantly have to add juice. Like every 2 or 3 puffs... I drip at home, when I want to try out different juices.
For on-the-go vaping and at work, I find using cartos much more convenient. Fill it up and puff away.. A little while later, top off the carto and continue vaping.

That's exactly why I use cartos. The Boge 510s seem to hold a metric ton of juice.

By the way, is a little rattle running the two rcr123a batteries normal?

That's exactly why I use cartos. The Boge 510s seem to hold a metric ton of juice.

Yep, the LR Boge cartos are awesome. I get about two weeks out of each before they start peetering out. At $1.50 apiece, that's not bad.
I can't say one way or the other about the batteries rattling. I run the big, single battery (3.7v), not the stacked setup (6v). But with the spring being a little on the light side, I'd say a little rattle is probably normal and harmless.

Last edited:

ledouxmike

ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2011
Lafayette, LA

I heard a couple people comment about the batteries rattling a bit with the stacked batteries. I figured it was normal. The 3.7 volt AW17670's that ship with the kit are supposed to be a good snug fit from what I've heard. I figure if I want to go any higher than 3.7 volts then I'll just buy a VV unit down the road.

davedamage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
indiana
I heard a couple people comment about the batteries rattling a bit with the stacked batteries. I figured it was normal. The 3.7 volt AW17670's that ship with the kit are supposed to be a good snug fit from what I've heard. I figure if I want to go any higher than 3.7 volts then I'll just buy a VV unit down the road.

Mine does, but only a little bit when the switch is unlocked. It's not a problem at all for me. I was going to buy the battery to run it at 3.7 with some LR attys, but I don't think I can get away from this thing at 6v.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread