A tale of 4 batches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Way back in december I first started using V4L, and back then it was only cartos no juices. Then after watching Snow sir's videos finally decided it was time to start filling in feburary. The first batch I recieved was 17082010 (8/17/2010). Amazing is an understatement. Nuport wow is the reason I stopped using analogs (even more so than the hardware at times). It was peerless in the mix of tobacco and menthol mixes. Then came the 11032011 batch, that's were I noticed that just like with some of my favorite craft brews (looking at you Dogfish Head) that each batch varied somewhat. Started keeping track of each batch since. So in order for me to give Ms. Katz a proper review of the latest batch, feel it's best to compare each of the last 4.... :)

17082010- The perfect nuport wow to most. It was a godly blend blend of harsh menthol, nutty tobacco, and th galore. There was the slight licorice tint there on the end that just added to it's complexity. It was as close to the analog equivalent as possible. In essance the NW that all would be compared to. Hank Williams Sr. on the HW scale.

11032011- This batch was not bad, but no where near the level of the first. It had a higher sugar content which created a sweet tint on the end (some compared it to bubblegum), that also caused it to clog up cartos faster than the previous batch. It still had the harsh menthol opening and nutty tobacco taste, but the th was also down slightly from the previous. It would be Hank Williams III on the HW scale.

25/10/2010- This batch was odd labeling and number wise. It arrived after the previous two, though it's product number means it was made in october of 2010, and it had the old nuport city logo. Still, it was a great batch. Harsh menthol, with a harsh tobacco, followed by a slight minty licorice after taste. The th was amazing. It wasn't as smooth as 17082010, which made it my personal favorite, but to others.... Because of that, have to put it at Hank Williams Jr....

17102011- The latest batch. Back is the licorice aftertaste only this time it's brought along a menthol kick with it. The tabacco is harsh but short lived after the inhale. On first intake it's a rush of tongue numbing menthol of the likes of HW Sr. all over again. It's like they took all the best aspects of each of the previous batches and rolled into one juice of supreme emperialness and added another degree of greatness with it. Will not rank this one on the HW scale, instead it gets it's own new one. On the Norwegian Black Metal scale this would Emperor (at least until the next batch arrives).

Again as always, taste is subjective. :)

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
:laugh: Thanks M'Dir, that's a great wrap up of the first 3 batches of Wow Nuport that I've tried. Now I'm just drooling over your description of the newest batch, :drool: it sounds delish!

Edit: I just went back & looked at my empty bottles from my 3 batches of Nuport. I had the 05112010, then got hold of some bottles of the older 17082010 (my favourite), and my final batch was the 11032011.
I don't have any empty bottles for the 25/10/2010. Perhaps because I vape a lower nic content than you, there were bottles from different batches available?

I got as many older bottles as possible to blend with my least favourite of the 3 batches - the 11032011 (it's the one that tasted spearmint to me, though that did reduce after steeping). I still have a few bottles left from that batch, sitting in the fridge. Hoping they've improved with age. :)

Last edited:

Morandir835

Idiot Guru
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2011
Outside DC
Ms. Katz thank you, knew there was a batch I had forgor to log in the list. 05112010 was so much like the 11032011 to me that I forgot to log in the number. Both shared that high sugar content and sweet aftertaste that got better with steeping, but still was far from perfect. Make that 5 batches. Can't wait to hear what you think of the latest one though. :)

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
Can't wait to hear what you think of the latest one though. :)

I can't wait either :p I expect mine around the end of next week though, so we'll both have to wait to find out what I think.

hahaha i read this title too fast and did not think the last word was "batches " .......thought you had a super bad day with 4 bad female drivers lmao
:lol::lol::lol: Naughty Nancy.

waylonjessi4ever

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Northern California
@whistles ..i never smoked menthol cigs and i am 80-90% menthol with v4l .
They are out of most sampler packs of menthol now ,but when they come back in ,try a sampler pack ....in your normal nic level....my faves are dunhall menthol ,premium smilin special ,wowboy( which has mint in it ) and virginia menthol .

Question... I very much dislike Menthol analogs or anything to tell the truth.. and if they made a Menthol wintergreen flavor i would be in heaven.

To your knowledge is there a menthol I may like or should atleast try one of?

You could try adding crushed up menthol crystals to a wintergreen flavor! I hate menthol or I'd have more info for ya :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread