A quick review of 14 juices from 5 vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.

venemous

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Pinellas Park, FL
Wanted to share my impressions of some juices I’ve purchased or had friends give me in the last several months. My favorite flavors tend toward desserts and fruits and I detest throat hit. I tend to vape 2-3 flavors a day and rarely the same flavor for more than a day or 2 at a stretch. I’ve sampled all of these in both a dripper and in a mini nautilus tank. All were 6mg nic except where noted. I’d likely buy anything I rate over a 7/10 again.

The Vapor Hut:

Vanhazin – Vanilla/Hazelnut cream – One of the best juices I’ve ever tried. Vanilla is very pronounced on the inhale and the hazelnut comes through clearly on exhale. Leaves a pleasant creaminess in my mouth and throat. Very smooth vape, almost no throat hit to speak of. Works great in tanks, but a dripper really brings out the flavors. 10/10

Sin-a-bon – Cinnamon Bun- Also a very creamy feeling vape. VERY sweet, light cinnamon and vanilla on the inhale with a doughy sweetness on the exhale. I like this best in a tank since it mutes the sweetness just a little. Very good in moderation. If it had less sweetness it would be an ADV for me. Almost zero throat hit. 8.5/10

Epic Juice:

Apple Jax (0mg) – the cereal – Tastes almost identical to the cereal it mimics. Not overly sweet apple with a hint of cinnamon on the inhale. Can almost taste the milk in the bowl on the exhale. 9/10

Banilla– Banana and vanilla pastry- Great ratio of banana to vanilla flavors on both in and exhale. Banana is slightly more pronounced on the exhale. Very light throat hit. 8.5/10

Moon Mountain:

Earth is a Blueberry (9mg) – Blueberry with vanilla cream – Strong artificial blueberry taste on inhale, mellows slightly on the exhale. I was unable to taste the vanilla at all. I let this one mellow for about a month with only a tiny improvement. Medium throat hit. I ended up mixing this with Cosmo’s Custard to finish the bottle (was actually pretty good mixed together). 5/10

Cap’n Comet- Crunchberries – Sort of close to what it claims to taste like. Berry flavor on the inhale, light cereal/milky flavor on the exhale. Strange after taste I couldn’t quite pin down, probably just needs to sit a while. Overall I enjoyed this. Light throat hit. 7/10

Cosmo’s Custard – vanilla custard – Easily my favorite liquid by Moon Mountain. Spiced vanilla on the inhale with a slightly creamy exhale and the faintest hint of egg. Best flavor after 3-4 weeks. Light throat hit. 8/10

Planet of the Dead- Mixed berry and cream – I’d read reviews that said it tasted like raspberry soda. I don’t taste that at all. I get a bit of berry on the inhale and a strong pear flavor on the exhale and a weird, almost alcohol after taste. I’m really on the fence with this one. Will put it aside for a month to if it smooths out. Moderate throat hit. 5/10

Dark Side Delirium – pronounced chocolate with peanut butter and caramel – Very pronounced dark chocolate on inhale and exhale. Slight peanut butter and caramel taste on exhale. I’m not a fan of chocolate and found it almost overwhelming. My wife on the other hand loved this flavor. Light throat hit. 6/10

Space Suit Surprise (9mg) – Fruit and pear – Good, slightly tart fruity mix strong on the pear on the inhale, sweet vomit on the exhale. Really, it’s tasty, as long as you never exhale. I have no idea what it is, but it nearly gags me. I’ve come back to this once a month for 4 months now and it hasn’t improved much, if at all. 1/10

Solar Flare – Pomegranate and lemonade – Didn’t like this at all at first. Put it aside for a month and it was much better. Sweet pomegranate and lemon on the inhale, somehow the same flavor but more tart on the exhale. Moderate throat hit. 7/10

Banzai:

Star Spangled Bananer (0mg) – banana, strawberry, blueberry – Banana is stronger on the inhale, fairly strong fruit taste on the exhale, reminds me almost of bubble yum sometimes, other times it seems to have a natural strawberry with “something” else. I can’t separate the blueberry note. Medium throat hit, too harsh for me in the dripper, although I find the flavor much more complex dripping. 8/10

Lizard Juice (local chain that sells bad high PG juice and $15 EVOD clones):
My sister in law gave me these…. I almost just threw them away, but in the name of science I tried them. Between the high PG and nic the throat hit was unbearable on both of these. 0/10 for both.

Dark Lizard (18mg) - coconut, rum, pineapple and chocolate – Tastes like someone peed in a Malibu and pineapple. Undertones of drain cleaner on exhale. I assumed that the long trip from china would give it time to steep, but there was a strong alcohol flavor as well.

Strawberry Mojito(18mg) – Like vaping straight artificial lime flavoring. Tastes like it should be a cleaning product.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread