A little vent with some good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deeo

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I was at the bar on Saturday night and the owner recognized my ecig around my neck. He was upset and told me right way that I was to take it outside because he sees smoke so therefore everyone else sees smoke. He said I don't want it in here. I was okay with taking it outside but what got me is he seem to know it was an ecig but was not having it in his bar. The thing is my husband and brother inlaw where using theirs in the bar all night and I got told to take it outside, even when I had not even took a haul in there. I don't have a problem taking it outside but I do have a problem when others treat vaping as smoking. Just say no ecigs allowed, don't act like its smoking because it is not.

This morning at work I was telling my friend that my new ecig mod was coming in the mail today and she got onto this kick about how she heard last night on the news about how bad they are for you. I just stopped her right there and said I don't care I love vaping. :)

I don't believe ecigs are that bad if bad at all for me. I am so tired of explaining myself to people. The good news is I got my first mod the innokin itaste VTR VV/VW and I love it! I just wish I got it sooner! :)

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
I feel your pain!!!!! I am getting so annoyed with the media. I recently educated my mom on the whole vaping thing and now she approves of it and is actually happy about me vaping. But she just told me how she was out and about when she came across this smoker that lives by my house and she told my mom about how she quit smoking using nic gum. My mom then proceeded to tell her about how I also quit by using my ecig, and she says "Oh no, do you see everything on the news about how dangerous those things are? Tell him to be careful!" My mom said she laughed right in her face. Thank god my mom has realized that the world is an extremely dishonest place filled with people that want nothing but to take your money, and those people are conveniently the ones who make the rules and give us all of our "information" about products on the market....

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
This feels like deja vu to me with the media. I've been breeding ball pythons now for about nine years, and we've been dealing with the skewed news reports about "deadly snakes" and a national ban, when it's a Florida problem, and even then, not really a problem - it's estimated 90% of the burmese in the everglades died a couple years ago with the unusually cold winter.

And - HSUS plants animals to be "found" for sensationalized media events.

Anyhow - what I'm seeing with the media and e-cigs feels very similar - mis information meant to alarm the public over a non-issue.

jjordan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2014
Fairbury, Nebraska
I feel your pain!!!!! I am getting so annoyed with the media. I recently educated my mom on the whole vaping thing and now she approves of it and is actually happy about me vaping. But she just told me how she was out and about when she came across this smoker that lives by my house and she told my mom about how she quit smoking using nic gum. My mom then proceeded to tell her about how I also quit by using my ecig, and she says "Oh no, do you see everything on the news about how dangerous those things are? Tell him to be careful!" My mom said she laughed right in her face. Thank god my mom has realized that the world is an extremely dishonest place filled with people that want nothing but to take your money, and those people are conveniently the ones who make the rules and give us all of our "information" about products on the market....

I wish my mom would listen to me and take the time to hear what I have to say about vaping instead of instantly ASSUMING that it is this horrible contraption that is three times deadlier than my cigarettes ever were! I mean seriously mom take the time to listen before you judge it and say it is so harmful when the only bad thing in it is the nicotine everything else is either pharmaceutical or food grade ingredients. I have a nurse that comes and sees me once a week due to my health and we were talking on the phone today and she asked me something so stupid that I told her that was an outright lie...and I can 't even remember what it was I think it was that e-cigs were causing throat cancer...ummm NO!Misinformation is everywhere even in the medical field as proven by my nurse that comes to see me. She heard it from an ARPN who heard it from a doctor...rumors gotta love em! (At least I hope they don't cause throat cancer lol)

I just have to figure out a way to present my mother and father with material on e-cigs so that they can become more informed and maybe more accepting of me vaping instead of them wishing I would go back to smoking because they think it's safer...and cheaper and stinkier I might add! I am thrilled to have my sense of taste and smell back and no longer smell like an ashtray! That alone should make my parents happy but it doesn't! Sorry for my mini off topic kinda rant,,,lol

Recycled Roadkill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2013
Garland, TX
Last night I watched the new version of Cosmos where it was explained how Tetra ethyl lead used in gasoline was portrayed as healthy for people and the environment for decades. Hundreds of thousands of tons of it was sold yearly. Also in paint and other products.

Of course it was all about the money but science eventually prevailed. Hopefully the science of ecigs will prevail too.

TheColdHandedVG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2013
New York, USA
I wish my mom would listen to me and take the time to hear what I have to say about vaping instead of instantly ASSUMING that it is this horrible contraption that is three times deadlier than my cigarettes ever were! I mean seriously mom take the time to listen before you judge it and say it is so harmful when the only bad thing in it is the nicotine everything else is either pharmaceutical or food grade ingredients. I have a nurse that comes and sees me once a week due to my health and we were talking on the phone today and she asked me something so stupid that I told her that was an outright lie...and I can 't even remember what it was I think it was that e-cigs were causing throat cancer...ummm NO!Misinformation is everywhere even in the medical field as proven by my nurse that comes to see me. She heard it from an ARPN who heard it from a doctor...rumors gotta love em! (At least I hope they don't cause throat cancer lol)

I just have to figure out a way to present my mother and father with material on e-cigs so that they can become more informed and maybe more accepting of me vaping instead of them wishing I would go back to smoking because they think it's safer...and cheaper and stinkier I might add! I am thrilled to have my sense of taste and smell back and no longer smell like an ashtray! That alone should make my parents happy but it doesn't! Sorry for my mini off topic kinda rant,,,lol

I found that the simplest and most effective way to make them change their mind is to just straight up make them feel STUPID. Ask them why they say those things. Ask under what premise? What chemical reaction is happening to cause throat cancer? Guess what, they won't be able to answer a damn thing. And it also helps to make them feel as if they're a lost cause. I know it sounds strange, but it works really good with someone who is somewhat competitive. You basically make it feel as if they will never be able to understand the truth behind vaping. I did this to multiple people. At first, they get mad, then they want to prove that they aren't as brain washed as your say they are. That's when you load them up with information and watch them sit back and realize how stupid they are for falling for all of the propaganda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread