a little advice/help from the moonies please

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
I've been using a Silver Bullet @ 6 volts for a year, and very happy with it...in fact happy enough that I know that someday I'll have a second one.
But I've been lusting for a Sabertouch since before I purchased my Bullet. Sabers aren't cheap but I have no problem paying for quality. Unless something dire happens in the next 10-14 days...I think I will be fiscally able to finally get "my Saber"...

Having said that...I have a few questions that I was hoping someone could answer for me.

#1..I'm currently using AW lifepo4..500 mah, 3.2 button tops on the bullet. I've got a half dozen sets I'm rotating.
Will these work in the Saber(3.7/6 volt version)?

#2..pass thru questions. I'm looking at the 3.3-11 volt adjustable. Again..I'm looking at the 3.7/6 volt Saber.
Is this the one I want?
Also...for on the road vaping(in the truck), what do I need? The usb cable? I have a decent adapter(i think).
The specs on it are as follows....
Input=ac 100v-240v. 0.5a 50/60hz
Dc= 12v. 2a
Output=5.0v.....3a
It is a car adapter with flip down prongs so it can be plugged into a wall outlet and has 2 usb ports.

#3..is the flashlight cool? I travel a lot and thought that attachment might come in handy at airport security.

#4..is the knurled finish as cool as I think it is? I'm thinking knurled with satin black(just like the one in the 1 of a kind section).
Just trying to decide on 6 lines(3top/3bottom), or racing stripes.

And finally payment options. Does the good Sir accept pre-paids/debits or what?.

Sorry that was so long winded, and this was sent from my smart phone that thinks it is smarter than me(probably is..lol) and sometimes I type in "cat" and the phone spits out "pancake"...so if any where in here it went wonky...it was my phone....I swear.

Thanks in advance for any and all help/advice.

Tezcatlipoca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2012
Riverside, CA
The only question I can help you with is the payment (because I just ordered one last weekend). When you place your order, it will prompt you to go through Google Wallet. It takes about a minute to set up (if you haven't used it before), and you can pay with a credit card or debit card through Google Wallet.

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
Welcome hawkizefan, we've been waiting for you:laugh: I'd be happy to help you out with your questions(and any other that you may have):)

1.Yes those AW LiFePo4's will work in the Saber for 6volts!!

2.I cannot answer this one in all honesty as I have never tried a car adapter, but I beleive those specs match what is necessary. If so, then you would need the USB cable & the passthru cap. I think maybe Sir_Lawrence should add a car adapter to the passthru page if it is feasable, so there is never any complications:unsure:

3.I myself have been looking and looking at that flashlight option, but have just never got around to getting one, but it is something that is definetly on my list:thumbs:

4.Really, I mean just look at the Saber in question:drool: Definetly COOL:w00t:

And now payment options, just as tezcatlipoca mentioned, Vapor Moon has the Google Checkout, and I do beleive Google Wallet allows you to set it up with a prepaid credit/Debit card.

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I appreciate the input.(avid...you were suppose to come back to the NE. vapers thread and show that Saber)

Still looking for a few answers....anyone????

Tez, Tat, Avid, Ace.....thanks....
Im so sorry, honestly forgot how to find you guys. I will do it right away. I would go with thinner cut lines with the knurled finish, Think the wide racing stipes it would take away from the great finish. PM me and I can help you design the Saber if you like. The one in the photo would be gorgeous.

Last edited:

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
Anavidfan really works wonders in Photoshop! She made an image for me and it looked incredible! It really helped me decide to take the plunge and buy after I had been uncertain about the design I had envisioned. It was great to see what it would actually look like.
Hey, no Fair, I had to use Photoshop in my head:laugh: J/K Anavid also helped me to see what my custom color
might look like:) She work's wonders:thumbs:

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Im so sorry, honestly forgot how to find you guys. I will do it right away. I would go with thinner cut lines with the knurled finish, Think the wide racing stipes it would take away from the great finish. PM me and I can help you design the Saber if you like. The one in the photo would be gorgeous.

Thanks for the offer...yeah...the one in the photo keeps drawing me back for another look. Pretty sure she wants me..er..pretty sure I want her. You know what I mean.
With any luck I will be ordering her next week. I've had a cart loaded a number of times and then..major vehicle repair. Cart loaded again..air conditioner goes out. Cart filled..washer dies(apparently you must buy a washer AND dryer when that happens according to my wife).
Then there is always the "im hungry. Why are the cupboards and refrigerator empty, and how come the lights don't come on when I hit the switch?)..lol.

I appreciate the feedback everybody.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Ok...I going to shamelessly bump this back up.
Batt. Question....answered.
Flashlight....check
"is the Knurled pretty?"....well duh....check again.

Still looking for input/guidance on the pass-thru question.

I appreciate the offerings that you guys have given...and Avid...thanks for slumming it and returning to the NE. forum and showing off that artwork you have.
I had actually seen it here when you got it but wanted the peeps I hang with over there to see it. It's beautiful.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
Another shameless bump...:laugh:
Somebody on the moon must have a pass-thru....
What would I need/want for a 3.7/6 volt saber?
Think I'm just going to throw darts in the dark and order the usb for in the truck, and get the high $ one for at home..
Heck....might as well get the other one also. At least that way I know that I'm covered somewhere...lol

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
For at home the Variable Voltage one works great on a 3.7/6.0volt. I used it on my mini which is the same only smaller:laugh: For in your truck, the only thing you need to order is the passthru cable. The only part I'm not sure of is your adapter for the vehicle which you already have. But hey if that one doesn't have the specs needed, you could pick up a different one.

hawkizefan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2010
omaha
For at home the Variable Voltage one works great on a 3.7/6.0volt. I used it on my mini which is the same only smaller:laugh: For in your truck, the only thing you need to order is the passthru cable. The only part I'm not sure of is your adapter for the vehicle which you already have. But hey if that one doesn't have the specs needed, you could pick up a different one.

Thanks Tat...
The variable one...I see the settings on the site page...
So my question is....is it really variable or am I still looking at being in a certain voltage range or 2?
The pass-thru option is what really swayed me with this mod...just want to get it right.

Thanks Tat...I appreciate the time and effort you've given me...along with a few other moonies...and I also appreciate their input and help.

I'm a bit excited....along with the BIG overtime check I've got incoming next week....I just backed into $109 out of the blue...that's karma paying me back.
I've tried my best to get my hands on a Saber many times over the last year and a half....I think it may finally come to fruition....

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I know what its like to be "lusting after a saber" I finally got mine, and not at all regretful, Im so happy I want another one. I was going to buy one this weekend as a matter of fact, but something else that Ive been drooling over came up. I sold my Steam Machine and sold a photograph, so I have this money just waiting to be spent. I saw this and did a mock up to see how it would look and of course, everything looks great on a saber touch, what do you think? Did this up really fast, looks a bit goofy,

saber-ody-002.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread