• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

A Letter From a Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
And don't you feel bad about that either, you have to do what you have to do. But you are giving glory to God by talking about Christ and giving a great witness for Him. So praise to God, you're doing an awesome job sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

We're all in this together 'fighting the good fight!"

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I looked up the same passage in the NKJ and read the 5th verse as well. Jeremiah 10:1-5

1) Hear the word which the Lord speaks to you, O house of Israel.

2) Thus says the Lord: "Do not learn the way of the Gentiles; Do not be dismayed at the signs of heaven, For the Gentiles are dismayed at them.

3) For the customs of the peoples are futile; For one cuts a tree from the forest, The work of the hands of the workman, with the ax,

4) They decorate it with silver and gold; They fasten it with nails and hammers So that it will not topple.

5) They are upright like a palm tree, And they cannot speak; They must be carried, Because they cannot go by themselves. Do not be afraid of them For they cannot do evil, Nor can they do any good.

What it seems to me the meaning is that God is telling the children of Israel is that the gentiles worship stupid dead trees and to not be afraid of them because they are just a tree. The gentiles nail it upright so that they can 'carry their idol' around with them. I honestly don't see the connection to a Christmas tree as most people after they dry the last dish from supper, take the tree down and throw it out. It's a temporary decoration, however, it is pagan. That I do agree with you on. My tree is not my idol.....my cigarettes were. That's a terrible thing to admit, but the truth is the truth. :(

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
We love you Linda! (lol) We'll be HOLY ROLLING Witnesses in the midst of the PAGANS proclaiming the GOSPEL of CHRIST at every opportunity! We'll PRAY aloud while they're already cramming their Mouths, We'll laugh in the JOY of the holy spirit while they cuss and complain about the Economy or Weather, We'll LOVE them all so hard that they won't be able to see straight!!!! Rejoice I say and again I say Rejoice! Hallelujah! We save a risen Lord!!!!

I gotta tell you a semi-funny story and as God is my witness, it is true. I've mentioned that I went to 3 healing services. Few know that I went to a Benny Hinn Crusade in AL. I realize he is controversial, but I didn't care. I believe in Divine healing because I know the Great Physician....whoooo hoooo! AMEIN! Anyway, I hadn't slept well the night before as my girlfriend and I got a hotel room so we'd be there first thing the following morning. No, I wasn't healed and I was truly bummed and upset with the Lord. But I was sitting there and my head moved forward. I thought, "Oh great...only I would take a nap now." I didn't know that I was touched by the Holy Spirit. I'm a Southern Baptist for crying out loud!

The next healing service, I talked with the lady who was preaching before the service about my ailments. Twice, she called me up for special prayer. As God as my witness, she touched my forehead and I fell backward. There was a guy behind me to catch me and they layed a cloth across my legs as I had on a skirt. So my first thought was....COOL! 2nd thought was 'how long do I stay here?' So I stayed there for about 5 minutes and went back to my seat. She calls me up again and I'll be john brown if when she touched me again, I did a backward swan dive. That was a new experience for me. I did not get healed. I said that to get to my next point.

It looks fake on tv. I am here to testify as a good Southern Baptist, that it's not fake and that was something! I realize there are many denominations here, but I'm just saying, the Power of the Spirit comes through praise. All three times I was praising God. Hallelujah to the Most High God who Was and Is and Is to Come.:) The third time was a very chaotic service. So needless to say, I asked 3 times. The joy of the Lord comes from praise and worship....I raise my hands to Jesus in song (music I listen to) and praise. Sometimes I think I can reach His Hand if I stretch far enough! :)

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
I speak from the most humble spot of my heart. I hope I haven't upset you in anyway as that would just crush me. :(

Oh my gosh Linda, you couldn't upset me ever!!!!! I adore you! I think some things like this are a personal choice matter between the person and God. For me, I choose not to participate. But if you feel ok about it, then that's your own personal choice and I would never judge you for it.

Different strokes for different folks :):):):):)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread