• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

A Letter From a Friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Here is an email that I received today from one of my dear sisters in Christ, she doesn't belong to this forum, but she gave me permission to share this letter with you.

I have been reflecting on Micah lately, as many parts of it seem to parallel the times we are in. Today I was back in 4 and 5, where it introduces the Messiah coming from Bethlehem... describes how the Jewish people will still be lions even when they are spread out across the nations... brings up the competition over Jerusalem, and ways the tensions will be set up.

What kept standing out to me -- that the priests will teach for hire, and the prophets will take money for divining/prophesying.

How commonplace it has become, that ministers of the gospel make their livings on God's Word. So common, that something inside us wrestles with this verse -- but, but, but.

Many forum discussions on the incredible incomes of televangelists, have been squelched and argued over. But we have hardly brought up the likelihood of governments tying incentives in with churches, and I have heard evidence of it happening. Who knows, maybe ministers or churches are getting extra tax breaks or funding for running certain programs.

This week a TV (TBN?FOX?) show guest held up some booklets on environmentalism that contained pagan references, and said that churches and schools had been approached to use these -- I think for youth clubs.

After Katrina, many of us heard about the FEMA training in churches, where ministers were asked to promote submission in their congregations, and get rid of cowboy mentality that might lead individuals to take charge in emergencies.

There are probably other concrete clubs and incentives going on, that we are not yet aware of.

--Father, may these attempts to infiltrate and control be stopped before they take hold -- You are mightier than all of them, more powerful than anything man can do against us.--

Micah 4

Chapter 4

And it will come about in the last days That the mountain of the house of the Lord Will be established as1 [Lit on ] the chief of the mountains. It will be raised above the hills, And the peoples will stream to it.

Many nations will come and say, "Come and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord And to the house of the God of Jacob, That He may teach us about His ways And that we may walk in His paths." For from Zion will go forth the law, Even the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
"Writhe and labor to give birth, Daughter of Zion, Like a woman in childbirth; For now you will go out of the city, Dwell in the field, And go to Babylon. There you will be rescued; There the Lord will redeem you From the hand of your enemies.

"And now many nations have been assembled against you Who say, 'Let her be polluted, And let our eyes gloat6 [Lit look on ] over Zion.'

"But they do not know the thoughts of the Lord , And they do not understand His purpose; For He has gathered them like sheaves to the threshing floor.

Micah 5

"But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, Too little to be among the clans of Judah, From you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel. His4 [Or His appearances are from long ago, from days of old ] goings forth are from long ago, From the days of eternity."

(-: Like John 1, in the beginning was the Word)

And He will arise and shepherd His flock In the strength of the Lord , In the majesty of the name of the Lord His God. And they will remain5 [Or live in safety] , Because at6 [Lit now ] that time He will be great To the ends of the earth.

This One will be our peace. When the Assyrian invades our land, When he tramples on our citadels7 [Or palaces ] , Then we will raise against him Seven shepherds and eight leaders of men.

They will shepherd the land of Assyria with the sword, The land of Nimrod at its entrances; And He will deliver us from the Assyrian When he attacks our land And when he tramples our territory.

Then the remnant of Jacob Will be among many peoples Like dew from the Lord , Like showers on vegetation Which do not wait for man Or delay for the sons of men.

The remnant of Jacob Will be among the nations, Among many peoples Like a lion among the beasts of the forest, Like a young lion among flocks of sheep, Which, if he passes through, Tramples down and tears, And there is none to rescue.

Your hand will be lifted up against your adversaries, And all your enemies will be cut off.

"It will be in that day," declares the Lord , "That I will cut off your horses from among you And destroy your chariots.

"I will also cut off the cities of your land And tear down all your fortifications.

"I will cut off sorceries from your hand, And you will have fortune-tellers no more.

"I will cut off your carved images And your sacred pillars from among you, So that you will no longer bow down To the work of your hands.

"I will root out your Asherim8 [I.e. wooden symbols of a female deity] from among you And destroy your cities.

"And I will execute vengeance in anger and wrath On the nations which have not obeyed."

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 (10/20/2010), 8:48 a.m. – I woke a little after
5 a.m. this morning with this song playing in my mind:

Silent Night / Joseph Mohr / Franz Gruber

Silent night, holy night

All is calm, all is bright

Round yon Virgin Mother and Child

Holy Infant so tender and mild

Sleep in heavenly peace

Sleep in heavenly peace

Silent night, holy night!

Shepherds quake at the sight

Glories stream from heaven afar

Heavenly hosts sing Alleluia!

Christ, the Saviour is born

Christ, the Saviour is born

Silent night, holy night

Son of God, love's pure light

Radiant beams from Thy holy face

With the dawn of redeeming grace

Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth

Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth"

I had not heard that song play, that I am aware of, for over a year, so it was strange that it would be in my mind this morning.

Speak, Lord, for your servant is listening. I read Zephaniah 1:

The word of the LORD that came to Zephaniah son of Cushi, the son of Gedaliah, the son of Amariah, the son of Hezekiah, during the reign of Josiah son of Amon king of Judah:

Warning of Coming Destruction

2 "I will sweep away everything

from the face of the earth,"

declares the LORD.

3 "I will sweep away both men and animals;

I will sweep away the birds of the air

and the fish of the sea.

The wicked will have only heaps of rubble

when I cut off man from the face of the earth,"

declares the LORD.

Against Judah

4 "I will stretch out my hand against Judah

and against all who live in Jerusalem.

I will cut off from this place every remnant of Baal,

the names of the pagan and the idolatrous priests-

5 those who bow down on the roofs

to worship the starry host,

those who bow down and swear by the LORD

and who also swear by Molech,

6 those who turn back from following the LORD

and neither seek the LORD nor inquire of him.

7 Be silent before the Sovereign LORD,

for the day of the LORD is near.

The LORD has prepared a sacrifice;

he has consecrated those he has invited.

8 On the day of the LORD's sacrifice

I will punish the princes

and the king's sons

and all those clad

in foreign clothes.

9 On that day I will punish

all who avoid stepping on the threshold,

who fill the temple of their gods

with violence and deceit.

10 "On that day," declares the LORD,

"a cry will go up from the Fish Gate,

wailing from the New Quarter,

and a loud crash from the hills.

11 Wail, you who live in the market district;

all your merchants will be wiped out,

all who trade with silver will be ruined.

12 At that time I will search Jerusalem with lamps

and punish those who are complacent,

who are like wine left on its dregs,

who think, 'The LORD will do nothing,

either good or bad.'

13 Their wealth will be plundered,

their houses demolished.

They will build houses

but not live in them;

they will plant vineyards

but not drink the wine.

The Great Day of the Lord

14 "The great day of the LORD is near—

near and coming quickly.

Listen! The cry on the day of the LORD will be bitter,

the shouting of the warrior there.

15 That day will be a day of wrath,

a day of distress and anguish,

a day of trouble and ruin,

a day of darkness and gloom,

a day of clouds and blackness,

16 a day of trumpet and battle cry

against the fortified cities

and against the corner towers.

17 I will bring distress on the people

and they will walk like blind men,

because they have sinned against the LORD.

Their blood will be poured out like dust

and their entrails like filth.

18 Neither their silver nor their gold

will be able to save them

on the day of the LORD's wrath.

In the fire of his jealousy

the whole world will be consumed,

for he will make a sudden end

of all who live in the earth."

My Understanding: In v. 5, God’s indictment against his people was that they bowed down to worship him, but that they also swore by Molech, so I first of all wanted to understand who Molech was.
Origins of Molech and his Legend | Molech

This article suggests that Molech is associated closely with the Babylonian god of the sun and that he may be an incarnation of Nimrod, who built the tower of Babel. Nimrod was the great-grandson of Noah. Nimrod led his people to the worship of Ba’al.

In doing further research on Molech, I came across this link connecting the figure of Molech with Washington, D.C. and with the New World Order - Welcome to cremationofcare.com - You are currently within the 'The Illuminati' section.. Actually, Washington, D.C.
is loaded with symbols of false gods from the Obelisk (reference to sun god
Ra) of Washington’s monument to the temple and throne of Zeus that were replicated in the Lincoln Memorial, to the layout of the city streets and the buildings in D.C., to our Great Seal, to our money, etc. There is much information available on the internet connecting Washington, D.C. with idolatry, with the worship of false gods, with the occult and with Satanic worship.

I read in several places on Google, as well as in several Bible dictionaries that Molech means “shameful king.” Molech is associated with death and the underworld. Molech is also associated with child sacrifice. [Ref: Harper’s Bible Dictionary & The New Bible Dictionary]

The Bible Knowledge Commentary on vv. 5-7: “Second, Zephaniah mentioned those who attempted to combine the worship of Yahweh with the worship of Molech, a form of religious syncretism. Molech was the chief god of the Ammonites (1 Kings 11:33), a people east of the Dead Sea (cf. Zeph. 2:8-9).
Jeremiah, a contemporary of Zephaniah, said the Jews were sacrificing children to Molech (Jer. 32:35; cf. 2 Kings 16:3; 21:6). The Hebrew Malkām (Zeph. 1:5, niv marg.) is a variant spelling of ”Molech.“ To swear by a deity meant to pronounce an oath under the threat of punishment by that deity if one failed to carry out his oath. Third, the prophet spoke of others who were religiously indifferent and unconcerned about worshiping the true God (v. 6), though they may not have been worshiping other gods. 1:7.
After citing three types of idolatry in Judah—the overtly pagan, the syncretistic, and the religiously indifferent—the prophet called on all of them to be silent before God (cf. Hab. 2:20) because of the imminence of the day of the Lord.”

Religious syncretism - Syncretism is the attempt to reconcile disparate or contrary beliefs, often while melding practices of various schools of thought. The term literally means "growing together.” ...
Syncretism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I believe, and the Lord has shown me this a hundred times over (or more), that the Lord sees the institutional church of America in a contractual relationship with the United States Government (via 501c3 non-profit status), and he also sees this as a “syncretism,” i.e. as this bowing down to worship Almighty God but also to swear (on oath) by Molech:

“I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands; one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.”

I believe the Lord has been calling his people for a long time to “come out of her,” i.e. to come out from under her influence, to not be joined together with the government in partnership (501c3), to not bow to her (pledge allegiance), and to not look to her to be our savior (Republican, Democrat, Independent, Tea Party, etc.). Certainly we must abide by the laws of the land until those laws conflict with the laws of God, and then we must obey God rather than man. This worship on the roof tops had to do with it being public. I see so many people making public professions of faith in political parties and movements and in the flag, the government and the military of the U.S.A., yet few who will give such unadulterated devotion publicly to Almighty God. This is “syncretism” at its worst. God has been trying to tell us for some time that the U.S.A. is not a Christian nation but that it is founded on the worship of false gods, on idolatry, on Satanism, on the occult, and that our country is the birthplace of this New World Order which is the Beast of Revelation.

Aside from that, the song “Silent Night” is closely associated with the celebration of a holiday we call “Christmas.” It supposedly is a celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ, and yet it typifies this “syncretism” more than anything I know. Santa Claus is really the key figure on this day.
Notice how much “Santa” looks like “Satan.” And, look at his
characteristics:

* Knows when you are sleeping; knows when you are awake; knows when
you’ve been bad or good
* He can deliver presents to all the children of the world in a single
night
* He can answer all your requests for what you want – just ask him

Now, compare those characteristics to the attributes of Almighty God:

* All knowing
* Present everywhere
* All powerful

Santa is an image of Satan who wants to be God, and the purpose of combining the celebration of Christ’s birth on the same day as the celebration of Santa is to blend Christianity with pagan and with worldly practices
(syncretism) and for the pagan and the worldly to overshadow the Christ. The same goes with Easter and the Easter Bunny, but not to the extent of the Santa figure who mimics the attributes of Almighty God and who steals the hearts (child sacrifice) of our children away from Almighty God to Satan and the world.

Then, there is the issue of how much the world and worldly philosophies have crept into and have been adopted by the church to where it is indistinguishable between the church and the world anymore. The church has just become a cleaned up version of what the world has to offer. We are attracting the world to the church by worldly means, so what we are attracting them to is more of the world. Instead, we are supposed to go out into the world and to be lights of the gospel in telling the world about Jesus Christ, about his death, his resurrection, his coming again, and about the sacrifice on the cross for our sins and of our need to repent of our sins of adultery, idolatry, witchcraft, etc. so that the world can come to know Jesus Christ in his fullness and can then be joined with the true church of Jesus Christ (the one not married to the federal government of the United States of America).

"Come out of her, my people,

so that you will not share in her sins,

so that you will not receive any of her plagues;

for her sins are piled up to heaven,

and God has remembered her crimes.” [Revelation 18:4-5]

So, the “Silent Night” that God is referring to here, in this writing, is summarized well by the commentator (quoted above), so I will conclude with that quote:

After citing three types of idolatry in Judah—the overtly pagan, the syncretistic, and the religiously indifferent—the prophet called on all of them to be silent before God (cf. Hab. 2:20) because of the imminence of the day of the Lord.”

“But the LORD is in his holy temple;

let all the earth be silent before him." [Habakkuk 2:20]

Silent Night, Holy Night…

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
The main things I took away from her letter were how God is calling us to get out of this world! To me personally, this means stop being aligned with the world and it's paganism. I don't celebrate any holidays, don't vote, and don't pledge allegiance to the flag. I've been ripped a new one on other christian forum for even bringing these topics up, but I feel they are too important to ignore, especially in these last days.

Know and understand that I don't judge anyone who does these things, I used to do them too. But I think it's important to examine these things to see where they really fall in line with God's teachings and how He feels about them, not so much how we feel about them. I know this might be difficult for some, and if so I apologize ahead of time if this offends anyone.

We were also discussing the pledge of allegiance to the flag through email, and here was her reply to me regarding that. I"m on a mailing list that circulates through a few different people too.

"Pledge means “a solemn promise or undertaking” Solemn means “observed with sacred or religious ceremony; or having or showing sincerity and gravity; or inspiring wonder or reverence.” Promise means “to assure somebody that something will certainly happen or be done.” Allegiance means “a subject's or citizen's loyalty to a ruler or state, or the duty of obedience and loyalty owed by a subject or citizen; commitment; adherence; faithfulness,” etc. Loyal means “faithful; trustworthy; devoted; steadfast; dedicated.”

Pledge, in the NT, refers to engagement between a man and a woman which was the same as a marriage contract. We are to be married to no other than to Jesus Christ. I Peter 3:21 used pledge in this way to describe the kind of baptism that now saves us – “not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a good conscience toward God.”

Allegiance is another word for faithfulness. We are instructed to be faithful to God, to be faithful ministers of Christ and faithful witnesses for Christ, and for husbands and wives to be faithful to one another. We are to devote ourselves to doing what is good, to prayer and to the public reading of scripture. We are to be “steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord;” and we are to “continue in the faith firmly established and steadfast, and not moved away from the hope of the gospel that you have heard.”

We are to obey the governing authorities and to be subject to them within scriptural boundaries, i.e. with notable exceptions as exemplified for us in the lives of Jesus, the apostles, Daniel, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, etc. Yet, I know of nowhere scripturally that we are to make a pledge to the government of any nation.

Our nation’s pledge to the flag and to the republic says, "I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

“Section 4 of the Flag Code states:

“The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag: ‘I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all’, should be rendered by standing at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. When not in uniform men should remove any non-religious headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should remain silent, face the flag, and render the military salute." The Pledge of Allegiance

This pledge is made with our hands (representing our deeds) over our hearts. Matthew 15:8 says, “THIS PEOPLE HONORS ME WITH THEIR LIPS, BUT THEIR HEART IS FAR AWAY FROM ME.” Matt 22 says, “'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'” Our hearts should be given to God and God alone, and our deeds, i.e. the works of our hands should be given to God and God alone.

This pledge is to the republic for which the flag stands which is described as one nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. We are not one nation under God. We are very divisible. And, we do not practice liberty and justice for all. Only God Almighty is our true source of “liberty and justice” and it is only to God that we should pledge our hearts’ devotion and allegiance. The Bible warns us much against putting our trust in princes and in the legs of man. Instead we should place our trust in God and God alone.

So, I no longer pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, but my pledge of allegiance is to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ; to God – Father, Son & Holy Spirit. I would encourage you to prayerfully consider this before God."

Last edited:

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
In the Bible the Lord is perfectly clear
That we should be different from the world
to "come out from among them and be ye separate"

In 2 Corinthians 6:16-18 says: 2co 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

2co 6:17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

2co 6:18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

1 Peter 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light.

Be a Peculiar People called out of darkness into His light.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I've been anti-santa for a long time.....mainly because it puts the eyes of children on a satanic figure instead of Jesus. I've been made fun of because....."it's for the children!" Oh really? I've pretty much felt alone all these years, until now. And yes, Lisa, the spelling of santa and satan are the same thing.

Easter is a word deriving from the goddess of fertility. I don't use that anymore. I've been made fun of again, because "it's for the children!" WWJS - What would Jesus say about misleading children with lies and not teaching them about Him instead. I now say, Happy Resurrection Day! The most important day in all of mankind is equated to a @#$%^ rabbit????I don't think so! I'm going to change my saying to 'Have a Blessed Resurrection day.'

And don't even get me started on halloween!:grr:

And I even take it up a notch! I will not have anything with devil in it's name in the house. No dirt devil vacuum, no devil's food cake, and no deviled eggs! I make stuffed eggs. It may sound crazy, but I won't have it in my house...BAM!!!!

Other than that, I'm cool.:2cool:

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
I've been anti-santa for a long time.....mainly because it puts the eyes of children on a satanic figure instead of Jesus. I've been made fun of because....."it's for the children!" Oh really? I've pretty much felt alone all these years, until now. And yes, Lisa, the spelling of santa and satan are the same thing.

Easter is a word deriving from the goddess of fertility. I don't use that anymore. I've been made fun of again, because "it's for the children!" WWJS - What would Jesus say about misleading children with lies and not teaching them about Him instead. I now say, Happy Resurrection Day! The most important day in all of mankind is equated to a @#$%^ rabbit????I don't think so! I'm going to change my saying to 'Have a Blessed Resurrection day.'

And don't even get me started on halloween!:grr:

And I even take it up a notch! I will not have anything with devil in it's name in the house. No dirt devil vacuum, no devil's food cake, and no deviled eggs! I make stuffed eggs. It may sound crazy, but I won't have it in my house...BAM!!!!

Other than that, I'm cool.:2cool:

Whoooo Hoooo SC! I thought I was totally alone with this, you have no idea how happy your post has made me!!!!!!!!

Halloween is just evil to the core, I"m sorry, but it is. It's revolting. Santa is revolting and so is the easter bunny. This is all satan at work here, deceiving our own children from a very early age. It disturbs me so much.

The history of all of these "holidays" is very easy to look up, even the word holiday comes from "Holy Day" and nothing about these things is Holy, in fact quite the opposite.

But no deviled eggs????????? :lol::lol::lol: BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
Here is more detailed info about the pagan origin of the holidays that most celebrate Pagan Christian Holidays

Interesting to note that Jesus was probably born in the early fall. Also of interest is the satanic holiday calandar which I can't even post a link to here because it gives specific dates along with graphic instructions of their celebrations which include sexual acts and other very disturbing sick and twisted things. December 24th is a big one for the satanists (they give eachother bloody gifts), so is new years day and halloween.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I've got to do payroll and .... ad nauseum, but I will come back and read those links. I'm going to pray over my computer before I do, though. Most people have no idea......spiritual warfare. They sit in the pews on Sunday and Wednesday and stuff like what we're talking about goes over their heads. I'm not saying that they aren't saved. Most of them are, but they're blinded. satan is hard and heavy and it will get worse before we're raptured out of here. BAM!!!!!!!!!!! GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
Lisa you are as WISE as Lindy is contagious.. (lol) I agree with everything you've posted in that letter from your Friend. I too am anti-politics, anti holidays (Halloween, Easter, Christmas)... but 'have' to celebrate Thanksgiving & Christmas due to relatives, which I do by injecting CHRIST as the 'reason for the season' in everything.. (lol) This year I'm going to 'step things up' and be more like Linda.. much more VOCAL in proclaiming Christ's message and how IMPORTANT it is to emphasize that our Children have been filled with enough 'myths' and 'lies'. We've been 'reared' our entire lives on the 'lies' our Parents and our culture has fed us, and we go on to perpetuate the insanity, so when most of us hear the 'real' truth we don't recognize it. But there is hope, those of us who KNOW the Living Christ KNOW the truth and we can BE that peculiar People, that 'chosen' generation.. we can stand up and speak out be 'the' Sons & Daughters that we were called to be!!!!! Girls..this post has caused the Spirit to leap within me!!!!
Oh yeah!!!! Halloween.. I'm READY for YOU this year!!!! (Don't get me started on Halloween either!!!) lol. This year, while Satan and his weasel minions are desecrating and deceiving, I'll be praising GOD in all His Glory and calling the HOSTS of Heaven down to fall on their acrid campfires with the RAIN of the ALMIGHTY GOD!!!! Praise Jesus! Hallelujah!!!! (Happy Dancin' to the tune of Glory here!!!)

Last edited:

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Seriously Gals.... we should plan something very 'special' for Halloween this year.... ;)

You ladies just make my soul happy and my spirit joyful!!!!!!!!!

For holloweenie, we really need to pray for the safety of children and animals, at the very least. I do that every year. I do not participate with trick or treat and haven't for mega years. The 31st is on Sunday so t & t will be on Saturday. I think we need to cover both days. What say you?:2c:

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
You ladies just make my soul happy and my spirit joyful!!!!!!!!!

For holloweenie, we really need to pray for the safety of children and animals, at the very least. I do that every year. I do not participate with trick or treat and haven't for mega years. The 31st is on Sunday so t & t will be on Saturday. I think we need to cover both days. What say you?:2c:

I say YAAAAAAAAAY and Amen!!! (Thumbs up and happy dancin' here!)

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
I too am anti-politics, anti holidays (Halloween, Easter, Christmas)... but 'have' to celebrate Thanksgiving & Christmas due to relatives, which I do by injecting CHRIST as the 'reason for the season' in everything.. (lol) This year I'm going to 'step things up' and be more like Linda.. much more VOCAL in proclaiming Christ's message and how IMPORTANT it is to emphasize that our Children have been filled with enough 'myths' and 'lies'.

And don't you feel bad about that either, you have to do what you have to do. But you are giving glory to God by talking about Christ and giving a great witness for Him. So praise to God, you're doing an awesome job sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Hang on now......what's wrong with Thanksgiving? I love the joyous parades on tv that I never get up in time to watch anymore.....okay, they may not be for some, but my daddy, after color tv's came out, used to 'try out' different sets just in time to see the parades. Then he'd send them back. He really did buy one after trying it out...like a couple of years down the road. Okay....it's a warm fuzzy memory for me. THEN THERE IS THE FOOD! OH YEAH, BABY, I'M TALKING ABOUT SOME FOOD! I'm kidding. Thanksgiving to me is more about family and being together. One year, when I was keeping a Dear God journal better than I do now, I listed all the things in life I was thankful for. I didn't skimp on the important things either, like makeup, hair color.....:laugh: Okay, it was on my list, but no where near the top! It's amazing how many things are such blessings! Take the time this year and make a list and present it to God! We now watch a dog show every year and then there is football.:p

I do put up a Christmas tree decked out with lights. I don't care about presents, I just love all the festive lights. Again, I guess it's the warm fuzzies. Last year we went to the mountains as I couldn't stand to be here after Mom dying 2 months prior, and the cabin had no decorations, except hearts. The name of the cabin was Lover's Lane. We were right beside a babbling creek and it was wonderful. I told the Lord that I was sorry the cabin didn't have anything festive to celebrate His birthday, and He told me that He specifically picked out that cabin for me with all the hearts because I needed to feel loved. My husband and I took his mom and our 3 4-legged babies with us. It was just awesome! We're, Lord Willing, going back this year. :) The same cabin is already rented, so we got another one. Don't know if there will be a tree there either, but it doesn't matter. Just put me in the mountains and I'll start singing......"The hills are alive.....with the sound of music...":blink::blink::blink:

LisaLisa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2009
In Jeremiah 10:1-4, we read:

"Hear ye the word which the Lord speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:

"Thus saith the Lord, ŒLearn NOT the way of the heathen, and be NOT dismayed at the signs of heaven (the queen of heaven, Isis, worshiped by the heathen), for the heathen are dismayed at them.

"For the customs of the people are futile: for one cuts a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the ax.

"They decorate it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not."

There could be NO more specific description of a present-day Christmas, than this.

God says, "DON'T do it. This is Paganism!"

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I did a search on Thanksgiving with/without Christianity, and I didn't find anything close to what you posted. So I went back to the website you posted. According to this site, the change of the Shabbat (Sabbath) from Saturday to Sunday was done by Constantine and the Catholic Church. ??????? They were meeting on Sunday in the New Testament.....The Lord's Day. If people wish to rest on the Sabbath, do so. I got a familiar feeling looking at that website. They may not be 7th Day Aventists, but a member of one of their congregations in my town said that all Sunday goers will be the ones who accept the mark of the beast. They have misrepresented the events in Revelation in seminars and that's one Book that says don't change anything or you're in big trouble. I would put that up there with trying to steady the Ark of the Covenant. Do you have more than this one website? My own personal views on (holloweenie, santa and the bunny) what I posted were revealed to me by the Holy Spirit. I didn't read it anywhere. I speak from the most humble spot of my heart. I hope I haven't upset you in anyway as that would just crush me. :(

blondeambition3

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
FL, USA
blondeambition3.wix.com
We love you Linda! (lol) We'll be HOLY ROLLING Witnesses in the midst of the PAGANS proclaiming the GOSPEL of CHRIST at every opportunity! We'll PRAY aloud while they're already cramming their Mouths, We'll laugh in the JOY of the holy spirit while they cuss and complain about the Economy or Weather, We'll LOVE them all so hard that they won't be able to see straight!!!! Rejoice I say and again I say Rejoice! Hallelujah! We save a risen Lord!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread