A Great Doctor's Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the doctor for my annual late-winter sinus infection. Which is rather mild this year, and only somewhat annoying.

My blood pressure is down to 110/60 from 125/75. My heart rate was a little high, but I'm running a slight fever and not feeling quite right.

According to her, my lungs sound incredibly clear. Which she told me I might not believe. I told her I can feel it.

She was completely supportive of the e-cigarette and asked me to show off my model. It was weird vaping in the doctor's office! I had my Volt X2 and Vamo with me, so I got to show off both.

The nurse had some health concerns and I rather enjoyed listening to the doctor educate her on propylene glycol and vegetable glycerine--and how harmless they were. So some of our doctors are in the know and happy that we've switched.

That now makes a positive response from my doctor, my mom's doctor, my dentist, and my endodontist. I've gotten no negative reactions from anybody in the medical field.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
If we could just convince the FDA of what the AMA already knows life would be so much happier for vapers!

My doctor is on board with vaping, too. He has had a display with vaping pamphlets in his waiting room.

If Big Pharma had gotten control of vaping instead of it being declared a tobacco product, they would be declaring the benefits on TV. Of course, we'd have to go to the doctor to obtain our vaping juices by prescription at current prescription medicine rates.

"That'll be $129.95 for the 10ml size, please. We'll be glad to refill that for you in 30 days."

Last edited:

Dj tank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Ann Arbor michigan
If we could just convince the FDA of what the AMA already knows life would be so much happier for vapers!

My doctor is on board with vaping, too. He has had a display with vaping pamphlets in his waiting room.

If Big Pharma had gotten control of vaping instead of it being declared a tobacco product, they would be declaring the benefits on TV. Of course, we'd have to go to the doctor to obtain our vaping juices by prescription at current prescription medicine rates.

"That'll be $129.95 for the 10ml size, please. We'll be glad to refill that for you in 30 days."

For some reason I can see that happening some day. It's only a matter of time before politicians realize they aren't taxing eliquid and feel they should be.

Unc1987

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
North Carolina
i've talked to several people in the health field and all have strongly encouraged me to keep up with my ecigs and not switch back. being a month in i highly doubt ill switch back, especially since the upfront cost of ecigs are high but the continual use is low. they have all said that its not bad and have have been baffled and even upset when i told them the FDA wants to ban them. i have asked about PG and VG being bad for you, at least the continual inhaling. they said its most likely not and they dont see why it would be, but no one is for certain. once thing is for certain, if you're a former smoker and youve made the switch and ditched the analogs, you're doing yourself a favor.

good news to hear morpheus!

i've talked to several people in the health field and all have strongly encouraged me to keep up with my ecigs and not switch back. being a month in i highly doubt ill switch back, especially since the upfront cost of ecigs are high but the continual use is low. they have all said that its not bad and have have been baffled and even upset when i told them the FDA wants to ban them. i have asked about PG and VG being bad for you, at least the continual inhaling. they said its most likely not and they dont see why it would be, but no one is for certain. once thing is for certain, if you're a former smoker and youve made the switch and ditched the analogs, you're doing yourself a favor.

good news to hear morpheus!

That's pretty much what she said. Although the word "harmless" was definitely used for PG/VG, I'm sure it's tagged with "as far as we know" in her mind.

The gist of the conversation was that, comparatively speaking, she'd much rather see me vape and considers me a non-smoker at this point. That even went in my file.

It's nice to be a non-smoker. :)

If you don't mind, could you tell us how long you've been a analog smoker and how long you've been vaping for? Congrats and thanks!

Naw, I don't mind. I started smoking at age 17, I'm currently 44. I quit five months ago when I was still 43.

So I smoked for 25 years, I've been vaping for five months, seven days, and 23 minutes. :) I was a really heavy smoker, too, about 2 1/2 packs a day.

So in five months, my gums have started to regenerate and turned back to pink, my lungs have cleared to the point that the doctor can hear the difference, and I generally feel much better.

According to the doctor, I probably managed to avoid COPD and emphysema. But if I do get them, they'll be much less severe than they would have been.

I certainly have managed to avoid a nasty death smothering because I can't breathe through tar-encrusted lungs.

I personally hold out hope for drowning in the flood of a vodka truck overturning, but we'll see.

Orobas

Equine Disrespect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Jarhead City
I personally hold out hope for drowning in the flood of a vodka truck overturning, but we'll see.

That sounds divine.

In all seriousness, congratz on your cleaner bills of health! I'm glad that doctors appear to be catching up on the technology and benefits.

I don't really have a regular doctor I see (I generally just pop in the doc in a box as needed) but if I need one in the future this will be a telling factor in who i choose to see.

ETA: Even though I'm not driving currently, I may go and get my DOT physical card renewed just because I'm interested to see if my own blood pressure has improved since switching. Though I suspect that worrying about blood pressure lead to the increase in blood pressure. I've had up to 30 points difference between initial lady-doctor examinations and the three month later follow up with no examination. So stress appears to have an enormous impact on my blood pressure.

Last edited:
Yay! I haven't had the discussion with my doctor yet, but I told her I would quit smoking at the end of summer and I've stuck to that.

It was a sad day for me when "my endodontist" became a part of my vernacular.

Yeah, tell me about it. I've had so many root canals I know his number off the top of my head.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread