Status
Not open for further replies.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I'm just going to make the best of it. It would've been terrific to have our own place, but it is what it is. Besides, we'll probably take over here...

teu.gif
What is this "probably" you speak of? We just need to convince MonsteKenny to pare down the sticky list some more (and yes, we are grateful for the stickys already removed MK.) and it will look like the old ProVari forum. I'm already starting to have trouble keeping up with the threads here. :D

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Sure.. are you comfy staying in here though? Or, are you still wanting to pursue the Social Group Forum angle?

I think we will be fine, as long as MonsterKenny understands our position.

To MonsterKenny:

Every one of us here has a ProVari or is considering acquiring one. Many (most?) of us have more than one. While this is technically a ProVape forum, we often discuss products to use on or with our ProVaris that ProVape doesn't sell. Most of us have different devices as well and would like to be able to discuss them. ProVape should not be concerned that just because we might compare a ProVari to a Semovar we will give up our ProVaris or stop giving you free publicity by talking about them.

I have worked in retail and believe that the customers come first, especially when it comes to their best interests. I would, on occasion, recommend products we did not sell and tell the customers where to find them if that seemed to be a more appropriate solution. Honesty builds trust and customers return to vendors they feel respect them.

The ProVari is a fabulous device, but not for everyone. It may be beyond the budget of some people or not have features they think they need. Look at my signature, it's obvious that I am a hardcore ProVari enthusiast, but I will not promote a product that is not what a member wants or needs at that time. ProVape shouldn't be intimidated by my position. Members who make statements to new vapers like "Just get a ProVari," irrespective of whether or not that is the best fit are doing a disservice. Promoting the ProVari to the exclusion of all other devices has given us a bad reputation and probably lost you a few potential customers.

Get real. I would venture to say that ECF members make up a very small portion of your sales. So what if we suggest buying batteries elsewhere at a lower price? Do you really make that much on battery sales? I have 6 ProVaris, but buy my batteries from another vendor. And what will I do with the money I have saved over time? Probably buy another ProVari if you come out with a color I like. It might be beneficial for ProVape to pay attention to products we buy elsewhere and consider adding them to their inventory if there is significant interest. I imagine that's why you now sell Tatroe bases.

I did not buy my first ProVari based on what I read in this forum. I didn't even know this forum existed. I bought my ProVari because people I respected on the main forum owned them and gave them glowing reviews. These people owned other devices as well, that they also liked and discussed.

Consider the numbers as of 03-02-2014:

The ProVape forum appears to have started in 2009. I believe the ProVari V1 went on sale 11/2010.
The stats for the ProVape forum:
Threads: 1,271

The APV Model Specific forums started approx. 5/2012.
The stats for the ProVari sub-forum:
Threads: 2,506

We haven't been here for very long, yet these are the stats for the ProVape forum as I type this:

Threads: 1,322

It took you 4 years to get 29,296 posts. It has taken us less than a month to get 1,653. You have nothing to fear from us. We get the ProVari name all over the forum regardless of what we post about.

Iz confused....do we get to start a thread like "ProVarinati Saloon or Nation or whatever" under ProVape? Honestly, no one searches the word ProVape like they do ProVari.

I hate bouncing around all the time trying to find everybody so once an official threads is started, can someone post it?

I agree that people don't search for ProVape, but I'm not sure if people search for anything. Lol! It amazes me that instead of a little research, people just start threads. I have already posted a link to the ProVape forum in my signature (I admit it's borderline sarcastic, but at least I wrote "unable" when I really wanted to write "too lazy").

I think if we consistently point people in the direction of this forum they will start to find it more easily. Once again I am focused on the Reo forum as an example.

rawr!
cheetah_icon_by_topazdragon19-d35u537.gif

Get use to it ProVape, I rawr a lot.
The "O" in ocelot stands for opinionated - both of them.

Last edited:

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
That was well thought out, and well expressed. Thank you, and I concur completely, as a Provari user.

To MonsterKenny:

Every one of us here has a ProVari or is considering acquiring one. Many (most?) of us have more than one. While this is technically a ProVape forum, we often discuss products to use on or with our ProVaris that ProVape doesn't sell. Most of us have different devices as well and would like to be able to discuss them. ProVape should not be concerned that just because we might compare a ProVari to a Semovar we will give up our ProVaris or stop giving you free publicity by talking about them.

I have worked in retail and believe that the customers come first, especially when it comes to their best interests. I would, on occasion, recommend products we did not sell and tell the customers where to find them if that seemed to be a more appropriate solution. Honesty builds trust and customers return to vendors they feel respect them.

The ProVari is a fabulous device, but not for everyone. It may be beyond the budget of some people or not have features they think they need. Look at my signature, it's obvious that I am a hardcore ProVari enthusiast, but I will not promote a product that is not what a member wants or needs at that time. ProVape shouldn't be intimidated by my position. Members who make statements to new vapers like "Just get a ProVari," irrespective of whether or not that is the best fit is doing a disservice. Promoting the ProVari to the exclusion of all other devices has given us a bad reputation and probably lost you a few potential customers.

Get real. I would venture to say that ECF members make up a very small portion of your sales. So what if we suggest buying batteries elsewhere at a lower price? Do you really make that much on battery sales? I have 6 ProVaris, but buy my batteries from another vendor. And what will I do with the money I have saved over time? Probably buy another ProVari if you come out with a color I like. It might be beneficial for ProVape to pay attention to products we buy elsewhere and consider adding them to your inventory if there is significant interest. I imagine that's why you now sell Tatroe bases.

I did not buy my first ProVari based on what I read in this forum. I didn't even know this forum existed. I bought my ProVari because people I respected on the forum owned them and gave them glowing reviews. These people owned other devices as well, that they also liked and discussed.

The ProVape forum appears to have started in 2009. I believe the ProVari V1 went on sale 11/2010.

We haven't been here for very long, yet these are the stats for the ProVape forum as I type this:

It took you 4 years to get 29,296 posts. It has taken us less than a month to get 1,653. You have nothing to fear from us. We get the ProVari name all over the forum regardless of what we post about.

I agree that people don't search for ProVape, but I'm not sure if people search for anything. Lol! It amazes me that instead of a little research, people just start threads. I have already posted a link to the ProVape forum in my signature (I admit it's borderline sarcastic, but at least I wrote "unable" when I really wanted to write "too lazy").

I think if we consistently point people in the direction of this forum they will start to find it more easily. Once again I am focused on the Reo forum as an example.

rawr!

kbf101998

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2013
Brentwood, Tn, USA

To MonsterKenny:

The ProVari is a fabulous device, but not for everyone. It may be beyond the budget of some people or not have features they think they need. Look at my signature, it's obvious that I am a hardcore ProVari enthusiast, but I will not promote a product that is not what a member wants or needs at that time. ProVape shouldn't be intimidated by my position. Members who make statements to new vapers like "Just get a ProVari," irrespective of whether or not that is the best fit is doing a disservice. Promoting the ProVari to the exclusion of all other devices has given us a bad reputation and probably lost you a few potential customers.

Get real. I would venture to say that ECF members make up a very small portion of your sales. So what if we suggest buying batteries elsewhere at a lower price? Do you really make that much on battery sales? I have 6 ProVaris, but buy my batteries from another vendor. And what will I do with the money I have saved over time? Probably buy another ProVari if you come out with a color I like. It might be beneficial for ProVape to pay attention to products we buy elsewhere and consider adding them to your inventory if there is significant interest. I imagine that's why you now sell Tatroe bases.

I did not buy my first ProVari based on what I read in this forum. I didn't even know this forum existed. I bought my ProVari because people I respected on the forum owned them and gave them glowing reviews. These people owned other devices as well, that they also liked and discussed.

rawr!

^^^^^^^^^^^what she so eloquently said!

Codz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Lancashire
I've only just come to read this thread as i dont get on here as much as i used to at the moment.

It's a shame we (the majority of us being supporting members too) couldnt be 'rehoused', especially considering the number of people/threads, etc involved with the provari subforum and it's popularity. Some other areas of the site are exceptionally quiet and i hoped these could have been removed in order to make space for something that has proved more popular. Anyhow, I'm sure things will work out fine here and thanks to Occy for trying :) and to ECF in general for still being a great source of information and somewhere to talk to one's fellow provarinati ;)

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I've only just come to read this thread as i dont get on here as much as i used to at the moment.

It's a shame we (the majority of us being supporting members too) couldnt be 'rehoused', especially considering the number of people/threads, etc involved with the provari subforum and it's popularity. Some other areas of the site are exceptionally quiet and i hoped these could have been removed in order to make space for something that has proved more popular. Anyhow, I'm sure things will work out fine here and thanks to Occy for trying :) and to ECF in general for still being a great source of information and somewhere to talk to one's fellow provarinati ;)

The issue was not one of "couldn't be "rehoused"". It was one of how and where to rehouse, as you put it. The one thing nobody wanted was for the Provarinati to go away altogether, and all said and done, I think we have the best possible solution in place wherein the Provari Nation has been relocated into the vendors forum, where I see that the Vendor has already been interacting on some threads as well as answering questions.

This to me is a win-win all around.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
The issue was not one of "couldn't be "rehoused"". It was one of how and where to rehouse, as you put it. The one thing nobody wanted was for the Provarinati to go away altogether, and all said and done, I think we have the best possible solution in place wherein the Provari Nation has been relocated into the vendors forum, where I see that the Vendor has already been interacting on some threads as well as answering questions.

This to me is a win-win all around.

As it stands now, it is a Win-Win scenario.

Some people have had negative experiences where they have had the content of their posts IN OTHER FORUMS on the internet edited or deleted because they may have expressed a negative post about a product the vendor sells, or a positive post about a product the vendor does not sell.

Ocey put down better than most of us did, what we stand for and what we are about. The ProVari is our device of choice, but that being said, we are not shills for the company, nor are we expected to be.

A perfect example of this is when a member had some issues with the passthrough module being sold by provape. This eventually got resolved to the customer's satisfaction, but It did highlight some issues on why this particular product may not be flying out the door. As long as those types of issues are allowed to be explored and discussed, no problem.

On the opposite side of the coin, as customers, we can't go half cocked and start ranting about ProVape this or ProVape that before we have given them adequate opportunity to resolve the situation.

One of the reasons we purchased the ProVari is because of it's world class support. As a result, I don't see there any reasons for there to be any problems.

But I do understand some peoples reluctance because of their experience with vendors in the past.

Personally I think we'll all be just fine.....

As long as we both know the rules going in and are good netizens, I don't see an issue.

drummerskey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2012
little birdhouse in your soul
On the same token, I did interact in another vendor's forum earlier in my time at the ECF. They had restrictive rules on other vendors, they did read the threads and it sometimes seemed like they were unhappy about any negative comments on their products and tried to spin it. There is almost no one there anymore. The forum just kinda died off.

I hope that this is a place where your opinions can be fully expressed and that it can be fun and off topic at times. I think people will be more inclined to stick around when it's that way. I know that as a business owner, you don't want negative press but saving one person from being an unhappy customer here is more valuable for long term, repeat business than trying to swoop in and debunk negative comments

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Well said.
So then the question becomes: to follow on to your last sentence, what are the rules?

As it stands now, it is a Win-Win scenario.

Some people have had negative experiences where they have had the content of their posts IN OTHER FORUMS on the internet edited or deleted because they may have expressed a negative post about a product the vendor sells, or a positive post about a product the vendor does not sell.

Ocey put down better than most of us did, what we stand for and what we are about. The ProVari is our device of choice, but that being said, we are not shills for the company, nor are we expected to be.

A perfect example of this is when a member had some issues with the passthrough module being sold by provape. This eventually got resolved to the customer's satisfaction, but It did highlight some issues on why this particular product may not be flying out the door. As long as those types of issues are allowed to be explored and discussed, no problem.

On the opposite side of the coin, as customers, we can't go half cocked and start ranting about ProVape this or ProVape that before we have given them adequate opportunity to resolve the situation.

One of the reasons we purchased the ProVari is because of it's world class support. As a result, I don't see there any reasons for there to be any problems.

But I do understand some peoples reluctance because of their experience with vendors in the past.

Personally I think we'll all be just fine.....

As long as we both know the rules going in and are good netizens, I don't see an issue.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
On the same token, I did interact in another vendor's forum earlier in my time at the ECF. They had restrictive rules on other vendors, they did read the threads and it sometimes seemed like they were unhappy about any negative comments on their products and tried to spin it. There is almost no one there anymore. The forum just kinda died off.

I hope that this is a place where your opinions can be fully expressed and that it can be fun and off topic at times. I think people will be more inclined to stick around when it's that way. I know that as a business owner, you don't want negative press but saving one person from being an unhappy customer here is more valuable for long term, repeat business than trying to swoop in and debunk negative comments

Well said. I am actually more interested in how a company handles "negative" customer experiences than positive ones.

Case in Point. I was recently at a burrito restaurant and we had a concern that my friend did not get the size of the burrito he ordered because we saw a customer get a "large" chimichanga that was much larger than the burrito he received..

We questioned this.. The restaurant explained that he did get what he ordered, and explained that the size of a large chimichanga is not the same size as a large burrito and simply comparing tortilla between the two was not an accurate representation. This alone would have been sufficient. But the restaurant did not stop there. They provided my friend a $10.00 gift card so that he could have another burrito on them.

They have just gained a couple of customers. The explanation was sufficient, but the gift card sealed the deal.

ProVape has a reputation of under promising and over delivering as well.

When I bought my ProVari, it was not the build quality that put me over the edge. It was the numerous reports of After Sales support that made me comfortable with parting with my money. Of course I've bought two more after that, and that's just me losing my mind....But it's blue........Whatever....

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Well said. I am actually more interested in how a company handles "negative" customer experiences than positive ones.

Case in Point. I was recently at a burrito restaurant and we had a concern that my friend did not get the size of the burrito he ordered because we saw a customer get a "large" chimichanga that was much larger than the burrito he received..

We questioned this.. The restaurant explained that he did get what he ordered, and explained that the size of a large chimichanga is not the same size as a large burrito and simply comparing tortilla between the two was not an accurate representation. This alone would have been sufficient. But the restaurant did not stop there. They provided my friend a $10.00 gift card so that he could have another burrito on them.

They have just gained a couple of customers. The explanation was sufficient, but the gift card sealed the deal.

ProVape has a reputation of under promising and over delivering as well.

When I bought my ProVari, it was not the build quality that put me over the edge. It was the numerous reports of After Sales support that made me comfortable with parting with my money. Of course I've bought two more after that, and that's just me losing my mind....But it's blue........Whatever....

So you did getted da boo one. i haz been watching you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread