A Christmas Story

Status
Not open for further replies.

mre777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Daytona Beach
I just bought my wife a Provari from the classifieds.My son and I asked her if she would give vaping a try for two weeks for her New Years resolution, without any analogs. So Im keeping my fingers crossed that it works out.

If not I have a really nice backup....lol

Well that is a win win anyway you look at it :) but I wish the best for your wife and hopes she switches.

mre777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Daytona Beach
I bought my mother in law a GLV super mini:) Ive converted the rest of the family in the last ten months shes the last one and has smoked for 60 years! She says my 5v is too rough , so i thought I would try 3.7v. Heres to hoping my kids would love to see her quit!

Nice! Thats a nice sleek PV. I bet she will like it :) And Im glad to hear you got the rest of the family vaping as well

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
I tried. He is a self professed hard headed guy. My bf! He's no fun. I'm happy to say my two off spring do not smoke! The guy who rents my basement studio casualy vapes now. He hasnt latched on to it as a big hobby which really surprises me. Such an innovation with all kinds of fun devices. I think I will give my bf a set up anyway. Maybe he'll get curious enough to try it. He's a long haul trucker. You'd think he'd love it. Everybody's different. Happy Holidays everyone.

mre777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Daytona Beach
I tried. He is a self professed hard headed guy. My bf! He's no fun. I'm happy to say my two off spring do not smoke! The guy who rents my basement studio casualy vapes now. He hasnt latched on to it as a big hobby which really surprises me. Such an innovation with all kinds of fun devices. I think I will give my bf a set up anyway. Maybe he'll get curious enough to try it. He's a long haul trucker. You'd think he'd love it. Everybody's different. Happy Holidays everyone.

Get him some tasty juice and he will come around :D

Good running in to you today man! Tonight I checked the mail and I had got the new ego 18650 mod that I was going to use to replace my old one. But since I am waiting for the new lavatube to restock so I can get one, I figured I would stick with my current, less functional device. Then I had the holiday spirit well up in me and I gave my mother, who keeps talking about quitting, the new mod with 2 batteries for it. She was stoked. Now I'm going to order a couple 30ml bottles and stuff the stocking this year with those and some tanks since everyone in the house vapes now. lol

mre777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Daytona Beach
Good running in to you today man! Tonight I checked the mail and I had got the new ego 18650 mod that I was going to use to replace my old one. But since I am waiting for the new lavatube to restock so I can get one, I figured I would stick with my current, less functional device. Then I had the holiday spirit well up in me and I gave my mother, who keeps talking about quitting, the new mod with 2 batteries for it. She was stoked. Now I'm going to order a couple 30ml bottles and stuff the stocking this year with those and some tanks since everyone in the house vapes now. lol

Nice! The whole house is vaping now, that's awesome to hear. Way to pay it forward to the moms :D

PickyJuicer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
Buffalo, NY
My husband got an early gift of a zmax. I also bought him a glass tank which I'm having painted by an artist friend (that's a surprise!). His stocking will be stuffed with his favorite juices, clearos, cartos, wicks & tanks.
My son in law will be getting a good assortment of 0 nic juices (he vapes for the relaxation of it), some clearos, cartos, wicks & tanks.
One friend will be receiving a purple smoov kit with all the trimmings - she's new to vaping and has not given up the analogs yet but still can't get used to the size of an ego.
Another friend will be getting a new ego with all the trimmings - she was recently converted and has my twist!
Now my brother in law... my mom in law is pressuring him to quit smoking and invested heavily into a good vaping set up for him. He's lazy, I believe... He was good when we helped him get everything filled up but I think when his clearos/cartos went dry, he gave up. He's either getting a lump of coal from me or a bigger tank system! :p

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I don't have many smoker friends or relatives, so I don't get an opportunity to make vapers out of smokers. I do pass on a lot of information to people who ask me what that thing is. I explain it and give them some links, including ECF.

Most people who try an ecig make the comment that it isn't like a cigarette. True, it's not but it's similar enough to satisfy the urge to inhale and exhale and it satisfies the craving for nicotine. Whether you accept vaping depends on your expectations and intents. I probably would never have quit cigarettes without a long period of anxiety and cravings had it not been for ecigs.

Similar or not, what really made me decide to give up the last cigarettes was vaping and smoking at the same time. I'd take a hit off the cig and then one from the ecig. Eventually, I convinced myself that the ecig tasted better and the cig tasted nasty. Getting your mind in the right place is crucial to making a lasting decision to quit. You have to believe in the reasons for quitting. "Cigarettes are bad for me" might not do it. "My ecig tastes better and prevents nic fits" will.

mre777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Daytona Beach
My husband got an early gift of a zmax. I also bought him a glass tank which I'm having painted by an artist friend (that's a surprise!). His stocking will be stuffed with his favorite juices, clearos, cartos, wicks & tanks.
My son in law will be getting a good assortment of 0 nic juices (he vapes for the relaxation of it), some clearos, cartos, wicks & tanks.
One friend will be receiving a purple smoov kit with all the trimmings - she's new to vaping and has not given up the analogs yet but still can't get used to the size of an ego.
Another friend will be getting a new ego with all the trimmings - she was recently converted and has my twist!
Now my brother in law... my mom in law is pressuring him to quit smoking and invested heavily into a good vaping set up for him. He's lazy, I believe... He was good when we helped him get everything filled up but I think when his clearos/cartos went dry, he gave up. He's either getting a lump of coal from me or a bigger tank system! :p

Now thats a lota giving :D Im glad to see your spreading around the holiday cheer.
Some people cant handle the bigger systems and the pen style are good for them, and if it works I say go for it.

PickyJuicer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
Buffalo, NY
Yes yes! I love giving presents :)

I especially love giving things that I know will be loved and treasured. Everyone that I have helped transition off the smokes will definitely appreciate these gifts; I know I would!

I live in an extremely close neighborhood. We're all friends and some of our families have even merged - mine included. There are now at least 7 or 8 vapers around here. We all bum juices, cartos, etc.; we swap flavors; we borrow & loan batteries, etc. Instead of "can I bum a smoke" it's more like "hey, you got a spare carto" or "can I bum a drip or 10?". It's pretty darn awesome and Christmas is now much more fun.

One of our merged families is having a baby shower Sunday. This is a group of HEAVY smokers. There will be 4 or 5 vapers there; I plan on converting more, lol.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
If any one wants to send me a MVP for christmas I'll be sure and put em on my Christmas card list next year. Seriously I've got a bag of juice to give a Lady I work with the next time I see her. It's juice that I don't care for and the VG content is to high for my COPD. It's from the same store that she got her and also her spouse their first kit about a week ago. I'll pay this one forward for the good of the individual and their kids. I will ask for one thing in return. That They at least try their hardest to vape and not smoke. Tha't all I want I a promise. Just try. If you succede then I won one. If you fail then I at least know I tried. As for what I want for Christmas............. I want to wake up and get out of bed and remember the reason for the season. That's all. I have everything a man could want. The love of a Beautiful woman. A home to come to. Food in my tummy. Warm bed. Clothes to wear. There is nothing else important to me other than my vape.

mre777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Daytona Beach
If any one wants to send me a MVP for christmas I'll be sure and put em on my Christmas card list next year. Seriously I've got a bag of juice to give a Lady I work with the next time I see her. It's juice that I don't care for and the VG content is to high for my COPD. It's from the same store that she got her and also her spouse their first kit about a week ago. I'll pay this one forward for the good of the individual and their kids. I will ask for one thing in return. That They at least try their hardest to vape and not smoke. Tha't all I want I a promise. Just try. If you succede then I won one. If you fail then I at least know I tried. As for what I want for Christmas............. I want to wake up and get out of bed and remember the reason for the season. That's all. I have everything a man could want. The love of a Beautiful woman. A home to come to. Food in my tummy. Warm bed. Clothes to wear. There is nothing else important to me other than my vape.

Unwanted juice is a good idea for stocking stuffers. "One mans unvapables is another mans sweet spot"

dfs405

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2010
amherst new york
I'm not the generous one-but my wife is- she bought her friend a gift after her friend said smoking was really getting to her-I've been vaping for almost three years so she asked if i would do the ordering- I ordered a reo grand-two sets of 123A batteries to be stacked- 6 -30 mil bottles of e juice various flavors,and 6 HV attys to be used with the higher volt- wife purchased all and the three of us met for lunch and I explained proper use, cleaning , battery use, etc.- She was thrilled and I believe she will succeed. Another cool thing was the waiter saw what was going on and specifically walked over to say how "cool" he thought it was- wish someone had done that for me when I started instead of the school of hard knocks LOL

PickyJuicer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
Buffalo, NY
LOL, my husband is generous. He gives away his juice and other supplies then rummages through mine to find something to replace what he just gave away!

It helps new vapers so much to have someone sit and show them exactly what they need to do. I've had vape parties (tastings!) where I either go to a friend's house or they come to mine and we play around with flavors all while they learn the ropes of vaping. When it's over, I gift them with a hand me down and some supplies. It's always a fun evening!

While walking past a group of smokers at a downtown office building, all I could think was "Dang, I wish I had won the lottery so I could hand every one of them a kit." I don't know if it was for my benefit or their benefit but man does smoking smell bad to me now!

And hey dfs405! I see we're neighbors. Do you visit the B&M shops around here?

mre777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Daytona Beach
I'm not the generous one-but my wife is- she bought her friend a gift after her friend said smoking was really getting to her-I've been vaping for almost three years so she asked if i would do the ordering- I ordered a reo grand-two sets of 123A batteries to be stacked- 6 -30 mil bottles of e juice various flavors,and 6 HV attys to be used with the higher volt- wife purchased all and the three of us met for lunch and I explained proper use, cleaning , battery use, etc.- She was thrilled and I believe she will succeed. Another cool thing was the waiter saw what was going on and specifically walked over to say how "cool" he thought it was- wish someone had done that for me when I started instead of the school of hard knocks LOL

Nice job on spreading the word there dfs, and the Reo is an superb PV. Very good choice for a vapor just starting out because of the ease of use and the low hassle juice feed system; that was an awesome gift. That Reo will last her forever as long as she doesn't get bit by the PV Bug :D

PickyJuicer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
Buffalo, NY
Good luck to you and your dad! Bring lots of juices for him to try - that's how I converted one of my friends! She sat around with my in my living room while I filled up at least 10-15 cartos and clearos. When she really liked one, I would put it on the side. When we were done (about 5 hours later), I said "Do you realize how long you were here? You had one cigarette the entire time and you shorted that one out!". Normally, she would have filled an ashtray. Then I gave her the filled cartos that she liked as well as a hand me down ego and a hand me down v2... She still has a smoke here and there, but she's largely on her way to eliminating them.

mre777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Daytona Beach
I'm bringing my ego with me at Christmas to show my dad. He had a stroke two years ago and stopped smoking for about 6 months but now he is back smoking. Last time I talked to him about it he wasn't real receptive but I'm going to keep trying. Wish me luck!

good luck to you and your dad. as pickyjuicer says its all about finding what works for you so if you give him lots of options he will find something to his liking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread