801 Cartomizer Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

angelique510

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I use a RN4072 penstyle. It is my favorite of all the e-cigs I have tried. I love it for looks, battery life and functionality, but it has some drawbacks. It leaks like crazy, it goes through tons of juice, it makes noise on inhale, the atomizers get a funky burnt taste after two or three weeks, and they cost ten bucks each.

I read that MadVapes had 801 cartomizers. I didn't care for the KR8 with cartos, but I figured I'd give them a shot. DSE801 and RN4072 parts are intechangable, so they should work with my batteries. And at two dollars a piece, what could I loose? I ordered three last Friday.

First off, I have to say that I think MadVapes has Dr Who doing deliveries with the Tardis. I ordered Friday night and they were here Monday morning. Shipping was around $2.50. MadVapes customer service was good too. They replied very quickly when I wrote to make sure the 801 cartomizers would work with RN4072 batteries. They even sent me a bottle of juice as a thank you gift.

I took the carto out of the package and put about 40 drops in it, which was a bit too much, because a few drops leaked out the battery end. I dried it off and let it sit for a few minutes, then put it on my battery. It fit just fine.

I read that they have a tight draw, but I think it is perfect. I want a little bit of resistance so that I don't feel like I am sucking air. If you want a more airy feel, I think using a hot wire to melt a little hole at the bottom of the plastic mouthpiece should do the trick. I got a large cloud of vapor. It may not be a lot for those who use one of those huge mods, but it is exactly like what I get from one hit of a cigarette. When I vape, I want to replicate the act of smoking as closely as I can. This does just that.

Flavor - all I can say is "WOW!" I certainly get flavor from this thing. So much flavor that I think I am going to buy some unflavored juice and thin the juice I have down a notch or two. I am using cheap Dekang juice, so that is saying something. There is no primer taste, no burnt metal atty taste and no plastic taste from aquarium foam cart filling. I taste nothing but the flavor of the juice - and a lot of it.

The temperature is about right - not too hot and not too cold. Again, it feels just like smoking a cigarette. I tried hitting it constantly (inhale through e-cig, exhale, inhale through e-cig, exhale) and each hit was consistant with the last. It can keep up with very fast vaping without a loss of vapor production or overheating. (Don't try this at home - I have a headache now because of it. Come up for air every couple of breaths.)

I don't now how long those initial 40 drops of juice are going to last. But I've been chain vaping for over an hour and it is still going strong. Every puff has been just like the first one. If I toss a couple of filled cartos in my purse in the morning, I won't need to carry a bottle of juice around. And the cartos won't leak!!! I could never carry fully filled atties/ carts with me.

I don't know how many times I will be able to refill each carto, but at two dollars each, who cares? Even if they only last me one day, it is a quarter of the price of cigarettes. If they last a whole week, they will still be cheaper than regular atties and carts.

I heartily recommend the 801 cartomizers. The pros outweigh any cons, and all of my cons are OCD pickyness. The strong flavor is not a con, but I will have to make the adjustment in my juices. The seam where the mouthpiece fits into the carto itself isn't perfectly flush. I think the outside diameter of the mouthpiece is a fraction of a millimeter bigger than the carto. I play with my e-cigs as much as I vape them, so the way they feel to my fingers is important to me. I just switched it with an RN4072 mouthpiece and it feels fine. MadVapes only has white and gloss black cartos. The black ones have a gold band, which is pretty. I'll just have to get out some sandpaper to make them match my matte black and my stainless batteries.

When these three cartomizers wear out, I will definitely order more. I have a stash of RN4072 atties and cartridges that I bought in bulk. These cartos are so good, I think I will put the atties and carts for sale in the classifieds.

I you use a penstyle, you really should try these. They are better than atties and carts and way better than dripping.

Be well,
~A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread