Status
Not open for further replies.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW
I have the 112 from bestecigs, 801 from Heavens Gifts and some 4072 attys from dietsmokes.

Anyhoo

Everything is completely interchangable, good so far. But the batts are driving me nuts. This has all been posted before... short cut-offs, wacky LED's, turning on and firing up the atty for no apparent reason and so on.

2 questions then:

1) Is there any such beast as a manual battery that works with the penstyle attys? An actual switch like on my 501?

2) Of the passthroughs currently available, is there any particular one that will work with all of the mentioned attys?

I love my 501 to distraction but some flavours just taste better from the penstyle atty.

Thanks all

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
I have the 112 from bestecigs, 801 from Heavens Gifts and some 4072 attys from dietsmokes.

Anyhoo

Everything is completely interchangable, good so far. But the batts are driving me nuts. This has all been posted before... short cut-offs, wacky LED's, turning on and firing up the atty for no apparent reason and so on.

2 questions then:

1) Is there any such beast as a manual battery that works with the penstyle attys? An actual switch like on my 501?

2) Of the passthroughs currently available, is there any particular one that will work with all of the mentioned attys?

I love my 501 to distraction but some flavours just taste better from the penstyle atty.

Thanks all

olderthandirt--this is by far one of the best manual 801's--check it out-----------Sun

See Manual Switch Penstyle 801 - e-Cigs USB Manual Switch - Eastmall International Co.,Ltd

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
good morning cecilia
Do you mean the Classic or Kissbox batteries?

Thanks

A Kissbox (KB) is a Kissbox. The only difference between the Classic and Extended are the additional accessories your receive with the extended package. Janty KB batteries will not fit directly to a penstyle atomizer.

A Janty KB battery fitted with a Janty KB manual (or auto) switch will work with any penstyle atomizer. The Janty KB pass-through fitted with a Janty KB manual (or auto) switch will also work with any penstyle atomizer.

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
olderthandirt--this is by far one of the best manual 801's--check it out-----------Sun

See Manual Switch Penstyle 801 - e-Cigs USB Manual Switch - Eastmall International Co.,Ltd

That is basically a Kissbox pass-through. They work great. Keep in mind, though, that the atomizer is only being powered from the 3.7v inline battery. The USB port merely supplies current to keep the battery charged. A pro to this system is having an extra battery so you can unplug it an walk around with it. A con is that you do not get to experience the positive effects of vapor production and throat hit that 5 volts can provide.

Sun Vaporer

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Florida
That is basically a Kissbox pass-through. They work great. Keep in mind, though, that the atomizer is only being powered from the 3.7v inline battery. The USB port merely supplies current to keep the battery charged. A pro to this system is having an extra battery so you can unplug it an walk around with it. A con is that you do not get to experience the positive effects of vapor production and throat hit that 5 volts can provide.

Breakfast--Do not concern yourself with the volts--the Srew Driver as well as many mods run on 3.7V ----and blow you away with the power they have so no need to worry about it. You can have 5 volts all day long, but that would be of no help if you do not have the mA's -----Sun

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW

Got impatient and kinda double posted, sorry. Kate refered me to this one earlier. Looks like a good option for me to keep my I on!

A Kissbox (KB) is a Kissbox. The only difference between the Classic and Extended are the additional accessories your receive with the extended package. Janty KB batteries will not fit directly to a penstyle atomizer.

A Janty KB battery fitted with a Janty KB manual (or auto) switch will work with any penstyle atomizer. The Janty KB pass-through fitted with a Janty KB manual (or auto) switch will also work with any penstyle atomizer.

This sounds like a less expensive route to going manual penstyle, Thanks chef!

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
Willamette Valley, PNW

breakfastchef

Moved On
Feb 12, 2009
Breakfast--Do not concern yourself with the volts--the Srew Driver as well as many mods run on 3.7V ----and blow you away with the power they have so no need to worry about it. You can have 5 volts all day long, but that would be of no help if you do not have the mA's -----Sun

I hear you, Sun. But, I have experienced the Magnum and similar mods with a full 6v of power and they absolutely will blow away any 3.7v device. A manual pass-through without an inline battery providing 5v from a USB port or a battery pack is also quite tantalizing. The only reason I mentioned the situation with the inline battery was to fully disclose that it is unable to provide 5v to an atomizer. Janty is rather unclear about that on their website.

SharonLM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Ok, I'm ready, looked around, read FAQ etc. decisions decisions..
Now, what should a 6 months supply of hardware etc
look like?
801 or 401 402 interested me

Good question! I would think though that it varies according to the amount of use. Still, good question!

Surf Monkey

Cartel Boss
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2009
Sesame Street
On an "automatic" or "regular" battery the atomizer is activated by drawing through the mouth piece. On a "manual" battery the atomizer only activates when you press the switch on the body of the battery. Drawing through the mouth piece doesn't do anything.

The manuals are generally preferred because 1) they're sealed, meaning that no juice can dribble into the battery and ruin the switch and 2) the manual switch allows the user to pre-heat the atomizer before drawing through the mouth piece, giving a better initial hit. On the down side, manual batteries don't have a cutoff, so some people crank them for 8 - 10 or more seconds, which can lead to burned out atomizers.

nziese

Apr 10, 2009
On an "automatic" or "regular" battery the atomizer is activated by drawing through the mouth piece. On a "manual" battery the atomizer only activates when you press the switch on the body of the battery. Drawing through the mouth piece doesn't do anything.

The manuals are generally preferred because 1) they're sealed, meaning that no juice can dribble into the battery and ruin the switch and 2) the manual switch allows the user to pre-heat the atomizer before drawing through the mouth piece, giving a better initial hit. On the down side, manual batteries don't have a cutoff, so some people crank them for 8 - 10 or more seconds, which can lead to burned out atomizers.

I've had lots of 801 battery and atomizer problems and think I might try the manula switch. Any idea what the life span of a switch is?

Marlyn M

Apr 1, 2009
NV

Anyhoo

2 questions then:

Thanks all
Eastmall is carrying a manual for the 801 and will have manuals for the 901's soon i hear.

youngll11

ECF Veteran
I have contacted either vaporcountry or vaporstation (can't remember which one...on my iPhone so it's really time consuming to check) about their 801 manual batts and pts and he informed me that they are NOT sealed. I haven't received my 801 yet but I hear/read that nonsealed batts can be difficult. I would love to hear of any updates on sealed manual batts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread