510 Mega PCC...Can it be modded to charge KR808's??

Status
Not open for further replies.

0smitty

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
Ft. Wayne, IN
Hey all;

OK, so here's the deal: I love having a PCC, can't live without it. Just one problem: I can't stand the aesthetics of my Vapor King's PCC, but I absolutely adore my 510's PCC. That thing is just too techno-hot. So, with that, is it possible to put a 510->901(kr808) adapter in one so it'll charge up a KR batt? For that matter, does anyone here think it would be possible to simply order a KR808 battery connector, gut the 510 Mega PCC, and solder the 808 connector in the place of whatever connector is there for the 510?

Thanks in advance! :D

Sci

ECF Veteran
Dec 12, 2009
Al
Hey all;

OK, so here's the deal: I love having a PCC, can't live without it. Just one problem: I can't stand the aesthetics of my Vapor King's PCC, but I absolutely adore my 510's PCC. That thing is just too techno-hot. So, with that, is it possible to put a 510->901(kr808) adapter in one so it'll charge up a KR batt? For that matter, does anyone here think it would be possible to simply order a KR808 battery connector, gut the 510 Mega PCC, and solder the 808 connector in the place of whatever connector is there for the 510?

Thanks in advance! :D

This guy changed an M402 PCC to charge 510s & explained it pretty well, take a look. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/54657-joye-510-m402-pcc.html

0smitty

ECF Veteran
Apr 21, 2010
Ft. Wayne, IN
trying to think backwards here, but wouldn't you need an adapter built to let you use 510 atomizers on a 901 battery?.....my suspicion is that using the adapter would mean you wouldn't have enough room to get the PCC cover closed....

I don't think I'll need an adapter, and here's why: the thought is to gut the PCC so that I have it's innards at hand, and remove the actual 510 "thread" base (it's actually a spring-loaded needle that makes contact with the center of the 510 batt, and the outer base surrounding it is charged opposite of the needle, with some kind of insulator in the middle) and replace it with either the needle-thingie from a KR808 charger...or gut out an 808 carto for it's threading and hook...and attach this item in place of the part of the PCC that's used to make contact with the 510 batt.

As for clearance issues: I did some Googling for pics of the 510 PCC's insides, and it appears it's a one-piece deal, that the plastic housing actually has a good bit of unused room beneath the part where the 510 connector is installed. Worst case, I'll have to secure my 808 connector to the PCC housing using hot clue, run the wires a little longer, and insert the inner plastic PCC housing after I've put the connector in.

It should work, physically...But the real question here is will the 510 PCC's circuitry support the charging of 808 batteries, should I place a different connector on it? For that matter, would it still "kick off" once the battery is charged?

Oh, one more question: anyone know the mAh rating for a standard 510 PCC?? I'm trying to figure out how many charges I'd get out of it once converted to 808's. Thanks!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread