510 leak and fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipskicks

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
So Cal
My 510 leaks out around the cart/atomizer connection. I think, rather know, I over fill the cart but I'm still learning. I want to completely replace cigarettes so I bring it to work for smoke breaks but the only good place for the 510 is in my pocket, and some juice will get in my pockets. I was wondering if anyone has any tips on this?

The Wiz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Whiskeyville USA
Pipskicks.....I used to have the same problem with the 510's myself...and still refer to them as "leakers".I quit using carts with them months and months ago and only drip now.One or two drops seems about all they can handle at once due to the small size of the atomizer.Anything more for me and it's "leak city".I usually wait a few seconds after dripping to let the wick absorb the e-liquid before using.A tighter fit with the tip(or cart)will also help prevent leakage!

Cheers!
:)The Wiz!

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
My 510 leaks out around the cart/atomizer connection. I think, rather know, I over fill the cart but I'm still learning. I want to completely replace cigarettes so I bring it to work for smoke breaks but the only good place for the 510 is in my pocket, and some juice will get in my pockets. I was wondering if anyone has any tips on this?

901 carts - they're flat tips - fit the 510 better than 510 cartridges. They're more snug and would help out with the leaks. Of course not overfilling.... ;-)

Another idea is to pick up some 510 cartomizers:
Blank 510 Mega Cartomizers

You can get them other place and I point this out for the cartomizer itself but also for the rubber ends that they are stored in. You could cut the end off and use that as a 'sleeve' at the junction of the atty and cartridge. But you might end up liking the cartomizer for work anyway. These are the blank ones - there are prefilled as well but with the blanks you can put in your fav ejuice. Check elsewhere on how to fill - there are many good methods.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Do you really mean at the cart/atty joint (where you push it on) - or at the atty/connector (battery) joint?

No 510 ever leaks for me at the cart/atty joint, no matter if I flood it, but then mine - even mixing atty and cart suppliers - are a very tight fit. Some are so tight, they are too stiff for the first few fills. However they'll leak at the atty/connector joint if you overfill, especially with stock cart filler.

Try a cart mod, or go to VG-based liquid: it's thicker and leaks less. Or just fill less but more often.

801's are much worse though, with thin PG they can be a real pain unless you find a good cart mod that suits your liquid and cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread