510 cartos & burning

Status
Not open for further replies.

P4C0

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2009
Panama
Hello, I got 5 510 cartos as a gift, my experience with them have been great, it's been almost a month and I'm only using 2 of them, with time they seem to hold less juice (I refill with ~0.40 ml), but they are still working.

My question is, do the 510 cartos also have the burning wick issue? (sorry I'm too lazy to go through all the ~300 pages thread)

I'll open the first one that stops working to check, but so far they seem to last long... Am I in danger?

What about the new carto? C-E2 (!?) is it compatible with 510 battery?

Now that I have tried cartomizers I believe they are the way to go, just want to go with a good one...

Btw, not sure if it is the juice I'm using or the batch I got, but this cartos are lasting and working much better than any regular 510 atomizer that I had tried...

ChuckB

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Uvalde, Texas
Yes, there are CE2s for the 510 battery, I get mine from volcanoecigs.com and there are quite a few other places selling them now. And I think the juice makes a huge difference. I use a home made 70%PG 30%VG mix thinned slightly with 151 rum and have very little issues with gunking up or wicking.

I think it would be worth your while to at least skim the ~300 post thread as it has a ton of answers in there to most of the common questions about these. Look for the PTB mods in particular, although I only use it on a couple of mine, most seem to think that makes these a lot better, personal tastes I guess.

As far as lasting, these seem to last a very long time. I've only lost one to regular use in a few months of using them, I have lost a couple to my own stupidity.

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
With the regular style cartos (the non CE2's) the problem isn't so much just burnt wicks but burnt filler as well. That's why so much effort has been put into the CE2's to get them working as good as they possibly can - preferably straight out the box. They're not quite there yet but getting closer all the time. Do look at the ptb mods for them. Look at badkolo's video tutorials at least. If your too lazy to do that then ......... (sorry couldn't think of a polite way to finish that sentence, and that would have been too harsh).

Man I am becoming a grumpier old man by the hour. Feels good.:evil:

Edit: I was going to put a link to badkolo's videos but I was too lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread