4oz Doubler Steeping Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robotfactory

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2011
San Jose, CA
I have tried several TV liquids, all of which tasted pretty great right out of the mail (I live about 40 miles away from TV so the liquids do not get much of a chance to steep in transit).

Last week I decided to order a 4oz Doubler of Caramel Popcorn and Butter Cream Cupcake. Both sweetened, both 30% VG. I tried them the minute I opened the package and I was very saddened by both juices. The caramel popcorn tastes like almost nothing at all, and the butter cream cupcake tastes VERY chemically, not anything like a cupcake or like butter cream.

I found this odd as all of the TV juices I have tried have a TON of flavor, there is nothing subtle about them (one of the major reasons I like them so much).

I have never been a huge believer in the steeping process...while I agree that some juices do taste BETTER with time, I have yet to find a juice that changes completely with time (going from no flavor to a lot of flavor).

So my question is this. Because of the 30% VG and the large size (4oz) is it logical that both of these doublers do not taste anything like their labels indicate 3 days after inception? I plan to let them sit for a week and give it another go, but I just can't imagine them turning a complete 180, but what do I know. Has anyone run into this problem with the 4oz doublers? I highly doubt I got two "bad" bottles, so I am just trying to figure out what the deal might be.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Both of these taste as they are labelled IF you let them sit, possibly a good COUPLE of weeks. A good deal of the flavorings we have seems to mesh well with each other so that when you get the mixtures, they're pretty much good to go right out of the bottle. But there are exceptions and caramel popcorn and any liquids containing butter cream. The butter cream will be changing as we previously used the vanilla oleoresin to make this flavoring. We'll now be using a vanilla extract, which will knock down the wait time considerably. It will also go a bit easier on your equipment.

Give that cupcake liquid a good week. The Caramel Popcorn, will likely taste as it's supposed to after two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread