Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Hey so I decided to just go thru and get the 24mg unflavored nic base and just vape off that. Messing with 100mg of nic seems dangerous for me atm and I'm just not as experienced yet. I was using 50/50 ratio on my current 24mg nic base and saw barely any throat hit off that so now I made it full pg this time. Do you think I will need that flash additive from flashart too? Or should I be fine off with just the 24mg pg base? Thanks alot

Hmm... 100% PG is certainly possible, I think there are a few around here who vape that way, but it might be irritating -- as much as I love TH and can't handle much VG, even 90% PG burns my throat cherry red after a few days of it, and also the inside of my sinuses and nasal passages -- which effect feels somewhat like a cold, except without the cough and massive quantity of mucus, just the burning pain. You'd have to try it, to know how much PG you can tolerate, and if there is a level beyond which you shouldn't go -- since I know 90% PG did that to me, I won't go higher than 88% PG, and prefer to stay around 85%.

Also keep in mind that while you get better TH with higher PG, lower VG means less vapor -- which is fine with me, I can't handle much vapor, but most vapers seem to really like it, tons of whipped cream clouds.

Andria

RugerNumber9

Sep 28, 2015
Hmm... 100% PG is certainly possible, I think there are a few around here who vape that way, but it might be irritating -- as much as I love TH and can't handle much VG, even 90% PG burns my throat cherry red after a few days of it, and also the inside of my sinuses and nasal passages -- which effect feels somewhat like a cold, except without the cough and massive quantity of mucus, just the burning pain. You'd have to try it, to know how much PG you can tolerate, and if there is a level beyond which you shouldn't go -- since I know 90% PG did that to me, I won't go higher than 88% PG, and prefer to stay around 85%.

Also keep in mind that while you get better TH with higher PG, lower VG means less vapor -- which is fine with me, I can't handle much vapor, but most vapers seem to really like it, tons of whipped cream clouds.

Andria
Ok so maybe instead of the flash should I get some vg to add to it? And do you think the throat hit would be significant enough? Because Im at 24mg 50/50 right now and it is weak

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
36 is just fine in my book.... in fact 40 is ok too... 50 is a tad bit too much.... I dont look good in green...
when I started vaping and watching ECF (UK FORUM) only 24 mg around was in the UK. Seemed like all the USA venders were pushing 6mg and 12mg. Finding 18mg in the USA was a chore 4+years ago. Then the whole 'organic" all "vg" and boutique flavor lines seemed to take hold.
I ONLY vape for flavor and nic.

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
36 is just fine in my book.... in fact 40 is ok too... 50 is a tad bit too much.... I dont look good in green...
I dunno, If it were me, I'd want to do a lil research in the health/Med sections. Im guessing there's some data somewhere on higher mg.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Ok so maybe instead of the flash should I get some vg to add to it? And do you think the throat hit would be significant enough? Because Im at 24mg 50/50 right now and it is weak

I'd suggest trying to aim for about 75P/25V, or 80P/20V -- 75/25 will still provide a pretty good amount of vapor; if it's still not enough TH, then try 80/20.

Andria

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
With that much airflow 24mg would be weak sauce for me as far as throat hit goes. Especially with the over flavored eliquid that seems all the rage today (which masks TH a lot).

Good throat hit has as much to do with the atty used and the coil as it does with PG/VG ratio or nic strength.

A coil designed for vaporizing high VG eliquid in large quantities will suck for throat hit.

Also don't confuse throat hit with harshness. Two different things.
What's the difference between throat hit and harshness?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA

To me, it would seem to be the difference between a tingle and a burn... thus, highly subjective.

I love black pepper on my food, but really don't care for jalopenos; my husband loves jalopenos passionately, but for him to accept black pepper on his food, I had to point out that it was just as good for him as the jalopenos. :rolleyes:

Andria

Reactions: Scotticus93

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
To me, it would seem to be the difference between a tingle and a burn... thus, highly subjective.

I love black pepper on my food, but really don't care for jalopenos; my husband loves jalopenos passionately, but for him to accept black pepper on his food, I had to point out that it was just as good for him as the jalopenos. :rolleyes:

Andria
Idk if either one is good for you. Maybe jalopenos since its a pepper lol. Idk either way I hope everyone finds what works for them vaping. Me personslly I'm starting to like higher vg juices. Wish I had ordered higher vg. I'm gonna start going with like 70vg. Hopefully I won't have to add extra flavoring but who knows. I'm surprised vg gives you a bad reaction cuz usually it's the opposite

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Idk if either one is good for you. Maybe jalopenos since its a pepper lol. Idk either way I hope everyone finds what works for them vaping. Me personslly I'm starting to like higher vg juices. Wish I had ordered higher vg. I'm gonna start going with like 70vg. Hopefully I won't have to add extra flavoring but who knows. I'm surprised vg gives you a bad reaction cuz usually it's the opposite

All peppers are powerful antioxidants and immune-system boosters.

VG just glues my airways closed; bad enough by itself, but to an asthmatic... nuh uh.

Andria

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
All peppers are powerful antioxidants and immune-system boosters.

VG just glues my airways closed; bad enough by itself, but to an asthmatic... nuh uh.
Black peppers isn't really the same as eating a raw jalopenos tho. And I can understand that. I'm just saying pg usually gives people a reaction. Like I said. I'm starting to steer away from it
Andria

RugerNumber9

Sep 28, 2015
I'd suggest trying to aim for about 75P/25V, or 80P/20V -- 75/25 will still provide a pretty good amount of vapor; if it's still not enough TH, then try 80/20.

Andria
Ok I just ordered it and I got 250ml 24mg pg base nic base and 30ml of vg usp. So ai will try and mix a little vg in it. Hopefully I am able to get a throat hit though. Because the 50/50 just hasn't been cutting it lol

Reactions: Boden

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
Throat hit is like a peppery sensation.

Harshness is just that, harsh. It's more like a sandpaper sensation or a sore throat. Often with a burnt feel or taste.

Harshness can be caused by several things, overheating the eliquid, cheap ingredients, badly designed coils (again, related to overheating) where not all of the coil is within the airflow stream, If the coil is too wide so the middle is cooled but the sides overheat or has an ID that is too large so only the port facing side is cooled while the other side is in a air shadow.

Premade coils or attys with poor airflow stability or high turbulence.

High VG liquid will mask these problems somewhat because of VG's higher boiling point and tendency to have higher flavoring percentage per volume.

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
I can't Vape over 40% VG because of the heavy chest feel. It impares my ability to exercise because of how it coats the lungs.

I also prefer the dryer Vape that PG provides. I find it much closer to the sensation of smoking.

btw, the pg allergy thing is a myth. It is in so many products that if someone was really allergic to it they would know it at a very early age.

Different people prefer different sensations and often use the wrong words to describe things.

We also have a much more diverse group of vapers now as opposed to four years ago. We have people who are vaping to help with over eating, people who only smoked for a few years, people who never smoked at all, etc.

For the over eaters and never smokers it makes sense that throat hit is not something they find desirable.

Harshness sucks for everyone :)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I can't Vape over 40% VG because of the heavy chest feel. It impares my ability to exercise because of how it coats the lungs.

I also prefer the dryer Vape that PG provides. I find it much closer to the sensation of smoking.

btw, the pg allergy thing is a myth. It is in so many products that if someone was really allergic to it they would know it at a very early age.

Different people prefer different sensations and often use the wrong words to describe things.

We also have a much more diverse group of vapers now as opposed to four years ago. We have people who are vaping to help with over eating, people who only smoked for a few years, people who never smoked at all, etc.

For the over eaters and never smokers it makes sense that throat hit is not something they find desirable.

Harshness sucks for everyone :)

I'm vaping so I don't smoke -- and smoking rarely ever bothered my asthma, unless I had a bad cold -- anything that caused even more mucus than smoking does, was a bad thing for me. In fact I refused to take steroids for my asthma at all, when I smoked, because I didn't need them -- but now I do.

VG is just too thick and sticky; it really does glue my airways closed, and even the rescue inhaler doesn't help it much; it constantly feels like I have a hairball in my chest that I just can't cough up. I suspect the thickness of it means my lungs can't clear it away fast enough for me to avoid feeling it, whereas PG is thin, my lungs can clear it away, and I never even notice it.

I find it utterly incomprehensible that ANYONE can inhale vast quantities of VG and not suffocate... but then again, most people aren't sucking on a rescue inhaler 8-10 times a day either.

Andria

Reactions: Boden
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread