306 T-tip or adapter question

Status
Not open for further replies.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
TTT

any news on these???

Still planning to when time permits...this post i made awhile back explains it a bit better:

"As many of you know, i've had several new products pending for quite awhile. I still intend to manufacture them and my reasons for delaying their release are two fold; First, is a backlog of Precise orders and second is a lack of manpower. To release new products would not be fair to those customers currently waiting, plus I have insufficient help to get them done if i were to release them.

Please know that I have a plan in place to get caught up. We are currently moving into a larger manufacturing facility and i will be hiring on additional workers. I hope to be finished moving in and set up by months end and a sufficent staff hired to meet demand. There should be little to no wait times on Precise products after this and i can then turn my attention back to innovating and releasing new products. :) "

David

Torqueguy

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2011
Central Virginia
Yes, i have a design for a all metal tip for the 306, the challenge with a 306 tip, is when using a plastic tip, it's not hard to make it stay on as plastic is slightly elastic, so you can size it just a thousandth smaller then the 306 atomizer and it'll slide over, expanding slightly and keep a firm grip on the atomizer. With metal, you have no elastiscity, you either have an interference fit in which case you force it on and it doesn't come off (or wears until it will no longer stay put as there is no elasticity) or it's too loose to begin with and never stays on. I believe i have a solution. I did up a blueprint, but i haven't prototyped it yet. I really should get on that, shouldn't I?
If you bored the hole undersized and then put two crisscrossing saw cuts, creating in effect, "fingers", they might have enough spring to grip the shank? Thinking out loud here. Last time I designed something we used read pencils and vellum. Hah, I'm getting old...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread