Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
So I've recently started using 18490/18500 mods and can't seem to really find any info on the high amp limit batteries.. for my 18650's I use MNKE's. What batteries should I be using to match my sub ohm coils?? Thanks!

I dunno.

The Only batteries I have used in that size are AW 18490 IMR and AW 18500 IC.

But I'm not using sub ohm coils.

Bosco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio
I use AW 18490 1100 mah which has rating of 8C - or 8.8 amps. This means I can go as low as .6 ohms - drawing 7amps at 4.2v (freshly charged) and still leave myself some headroom.

The C rating is continuous, though - you can go higher in bursts. I bet I could get away with .5 or even .4 without the battery getting hot - but I have never made a coil that low - pretty happy with .7 - .8. My battery never even gets warm.

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Sub ohm vaping is just plain stupid!

'nuf said

I don't care if you are a Veteran you could have said that without being insulting. I don't do sub ohm and don't see a need to. Just because you don't agree does not make them stupid. You may find that vast knowledge you have is only half vast.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Sub ohm vaping is just plain stupid!

'nuf said

Gee WiZZ somebody needs a nap;-)
I dont think they make a 18500 Hi AMP battery Just the MNKE 20 amp and Sony 30 AMP is all I know of. The 18650 go fairly quick with sub OHMS but now that you mention it a 18500 high amp would be nice.

Bosco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
San Antonio
I wasn't going to add this because I didn't want to get into the subohm is good or bad thing ...but I *love* subohm vaping! To me there is nothing more satisfying than a lung hit off a subohm coil with a nice big air hole. Feels more like the real thing than anything I've tried so far - and the flavor is amazing. Just don't exceed your battery's capabilities and all will be well. Enjoy!

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Does anyone know what PG and or VG breaks down into at Temperatures above say 450 F ?

formaldehyde what do I win?

I would not say it breaks down to but it is said to be present in trace amounts. There is a study proving the coloring in Pepsi is a known carcinogen. If you drink 1000 cans of Pepsi per day you run a very high risk of getting cancer! Im not making it up thats the finding from the study buy one of our regulatory gooberment body's.
Lots of things have trace amounts of things that will harm and or kill us in large doses but the trace amounts pose no sufficient risks. Nicotine is in a much grater amount and is more toxic than the trace formaldehyde but no one is making that point are they?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kanger Banger

hadouken

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2013
Cali
I don't care if you are a Veteran you could have said that without being insulting. I don't do sub ohm and don't see a need to. Just because you don't agree does not make them stupid. You may find that vast knowledge you have is only half vast.

:thumb: I choked on my vape when i read this. My kayfun is .9 ohm so I am .1 stupid. =)

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah

Sooner or later someone will have a bad accident with sub ohm vaping, it's only a matter of time. When that happens everyone that vapes will have to pay the price because of the negative press and bans that will follow. So how is it that you think that sub ohm vaping, by anyone, has no effect on you or me?

To each their own opinion

.... only goes so far, we each also have the right to say someone's actions effect us. So I'll speak out against those actions. This goes hand & hand with the attitude of "I'll vape anywhere I want", and what that has already done to some of us. (you can't vape anywhere you can't smoke in Utah) 2012 UT HB-245

Last edited:

hazarada

ECF Veteran
    Jan 18, 2013
    buttville
    Sooner or later someone will have a bad accident with sub ohm vaping

only if that someone uses unsuitable equipment for what hes doing, it's much more likely that one of those 650mAh LiCo ego sticks blows up @ 2.5 ohms since that kind of scenario is all too common and well over the battery's specification.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread