12mg (1.2% Nicotine) Base Question vs Higher %

Status
Not open for further replies.

EgoLife

Aug 8, 2013
Miami Beach
ok so i have been watching quite a few videos and also reading on the forums...

here is where I am kind of lost I suppose....... I normally vaporize 12mg of nic. or none depending what my friend brought around since i still have not actually bought any juices of my own.

thinking of going with the DIY with him and im trying to figure this out to the T.

ok so I usually see that people are buying a 24mg or 36mg bottle of nicotine (With PG or VG base) and then diluting it with more PG or VG? first off is this right? second just in my opinion obviously i am the noob but "IF" all i want to do is make juices that contain no higher or lower Nicotine levels than 12mg i mean wouldn't it be just the smart thing to do and buy a PG or VG base that already comes with 12mg of nicotine mixed?

I know i know....... probably gonna get beat up on this question but it's bothering me and i must know and i can't for the life of me find too many threads on some of my questions haha :p

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
ok so i have been watching quite a few videos and also reading on the forums...

here is where I am kind of lost I suppose....... I normally vaporize 12mg of nic. or none depending what my friend brought around since i still have not actually bought any juices of my own.

thinking of going with the DIY with him and im trying to figure this out to the T.

ok so I usually see that people are buying a 24mg or 36mg bottle of nicotine (With PG or VG base) and then diluting it with more PG or VG? first off is this right? second just in my opinion obviously i am the noob but "IF" all i want to do is make juices that contain no higher or lower Nicotine levels than 12mg i mean wouldn't it be just the smart thing to do and buy a PG or VG base that already comes with 12mg of nicotine mixed?

I know i know....... probably gonna get beat up on this question but it's bothering me and i must know and i can't for the life of me find too many threads on some of my questions haha :p

If you add any other liquids to the 12 mg base, i.e., flavorings, that will dilute your 12 mg nic base further. And yes, diluting is the process of adding solvents like PG and VG or PG/VG, or flavoring.

I am going to bed now (okay, Reb). LOL

Royaldrunker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2012
Vancouver
If you honestly plan on making a lot of juice with a variety of flavours... Pls do your research and safe handling of nicotine.. That being said if you were to buy a 120 ml bottle of 100mg/ml.. And want 12 mg nic than you would have 4 ml per 30 ml bottle.. Thats 30 30ml bottles at 12 mg or 1.2%... A better cost efficient way

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
If you vape 12 mg then you want to start DIY with a 24 or 36 mg base and add no noc PG, VG, flavor and, if needed sweetener to make 12 mg juice. The more nic in the base you start with, the more you can dilute it and, the less per ML it ends up costing you but, don't try above 60mg base for now.

Too touchy with the 100mg to be doing that right off the bat. Read the sticky on that stuff before attempting to use it.

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
I started off with 18mg nicotine base (1 pg + 1 vg and mixed them together) just to get the feel of things. I just ordered a bottle of 48mg and some vg and pg. It may cost me a few pennies more than buying the higher % stuff BUT, as forgetful, absent minded and easily distracted as I am, If I make a mistake with the 48mg it won't kill me or make me too sick.

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
To keep things simple: if you like 12mg and less nicotine density liquids then it's perfectly OK to order a 12mg base liquid and add flavor.
Yes, you're going to dilute it a bit with the flavor you're adding but it's far more easy then having to add PG or VG as well.
When adding 10% flavor your finished liquid will be around 11mg. That's not a disaster is it?
If you do want to do it correct then Tod Muller's e-liquid calculator comes in very handy.

EgoLife

Aug 8, 2013
Miami Beach
To keep things simple: if you like 12mg and less nicotine density liquids then it's perfectly OK to order a 12mg base liquid and add flavor.
Yes, you're going to dilute it a bit with the flavor you're adding but it's far more easy then having to add PG or VG as well.
When adding 10% flavor your finished liquid will be around 11mg. That's not a disaster is it?
If you do want to do it correct then Tod Muller's e-liquid calculator comes in very handy.

i actually really really like this calculator. I came across it accidentally and even posted it on the threads because I thought it was one of the best I've seen.

ok please don't bite my head off here but as you said if I have a12mg base and work with that the worst that can happen would be diluted to about 11mg which isn't bad anyways at least to me. I have attached a image like a example "nicotine base" & "target nicotine level" would technically be the same (in this example!) and the results show "PG / VG with nicotine - 5ml (100 drops)" & in the section under that one "PG / VG no nicotine -0.5ml (-10 drops)" ******* ok I attached the image and also writing it out just to see if in this example that I'm comprehending this ok..... So according to the first two lines of results am I to understand that I'm going to do 4.5ml instead of the 5? I hope I have explained myself ok. Just trying to see ok the first line says 5ml and the second says -0.5 so yea.... Just checking.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Nicadmus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
Portland, Oregon, United States
You are correct. You would want to use 4.5ml of the nice base and 0.5ml of flavoring in the example you attached. That would result in a final product containing 10% flavoring.

Some reasons people by higher nice base and dilute:
1. Easier to store
2. More cost effective
3. Allows you to make a wider range of PG/VG ratios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread