Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanny22

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Michigan
*slothers in, bleary eyed, wrinkles under the eyes, less than 5 hours of sleep under his belt and literally a 17-18 hour day ahead of him*

freshly loaded REOs...Wakonda somewhere between 15-18 mg...Virus 12mg...ain't foolin around at all...

hooligans trashed the place...cig butts, cigar butts, beer bottles (broken and not), damage done to some of the stairs on property...the motha-squonkin jerkoffs were up until 3 am partying...and tonight's the REAL shindig -.-

and the phone's ringing off the wall with nonsense...

and the dog's been misbehaving like mad...

folks, this is one of the most annoying weekends in a long time. All I can do is thank NT and the team for these heavenly juices and the fact that I no longer smoke to cope with stupidity; I vape.
OH DEAR! :ohmy:

That scenario makes my upcoming day with the twin three year old granddaughters sound like a freaking PICNIC.
Good luck tonight, Sloth. Breathe deeply.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Tracey Yes this is exactly why I have 18mg on hand...:D

Pictor I'm not a partier either so I feel you...try to make the most of it :)

Nanny good luck to you as well with the grand daughters.

Thanks for the support guys - vape strong! I'll post random hilarious things that happen and photos throughout the day lol

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
*slothers in, bleary eyed, wrinkles under the eyes, less than 5 hours of sleep under his belt and literally a 17-18 hour day ahead of him*

freshly loaded REOs...Wakonda somewhere between 15-18 mg...Virus 12mg...ain't foolin around at all...

hooligans trashed the place...cig butts, cigar butts, beer bottles (broken and not), damage done to some of the stairs on property...the motha-squonkin jerkoffs were up until 3 am partying...and tonight's the REAL shindig -.-

and the phone's ringing off the wall with nonsense...

and the dog's been misbehaving like mad...

folks, this is one of the most annoying weekends in a long time. All I can do is thank NT and the team for these heavenly juices and the fact that I no longer smoke to cope with stupidity; I vape.

Some days you are the dog and some days you are the hydrant. May you stay completely dry tonight my friend.........;)

Quite frankly, the people who would trash such a magical place are the turds......:facepalm:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
LOL the mother of the bride came over screaming "Last night was hell! Last night was hell! I hate those people!"

So, two families obviously - the bride's family is local, I'm friends with the mom - she is amazing and lives in Lake Placid (2 towns over). These are what you might call the "others." The groom's family is what you might call the "drinkers" ... mmkay got that drift, right?? The families do not like each other much. the "others" are predictably quiter, calm, and peaceful. The drinkers are DRINKERS--wasted early in the day, screaming til 3 am. The mother of the bride apparently wound up screaming at people last night LOL and we just talked about it.

I have a request from her and her family to keep things at bay tonight. This is HARD to do at a wedding - they've rented the place and can be reasonably loud at night. Normal quiet hours go out the window. However, with an official complaint at my side, and the fact that neighbors do live a mile across the lake, tonight I will need to step in and keep them reasonably quiter.

I warned Stacy that if I try to intervene and somebody doesn't listen, then I have no choice but to take two following actions:

1) tell them they must return to their cabins,
2) if they do not, call the state police and have them removed from property.

Those aren't options and it's why I'm hesitant and struggle with the aspect of my job that requires me to intervene. I have NO choice - because say somebody is extremely intoxicated, slurring words, not walking straight (like at a wedding this past spring) and they start heading to the boathouse. So I tell them they cannot go down there, they cannot take out a boat. They laugh and keep going. Now if one of them drowns or gets hurt - *I* could be sued and the camp could be sued. This is the world we live in. So the moment somebody does not follow my direction, those 2 steps MUST be followed - that's my job.

It is hard being 27 years old and finding the courage to go through all of that. One more reason I hate these wedding events--they're the main and basically the only time I ever predictably may face this situation.

Tonight my REOs will be overfilled, I will be oversquonking and sucking the Wakonda through the air hole. I am a Warrior - and this is war. LOL

Distorto - I agree, to see a magical place trashed is sad and upsetting. It speaks volumes about these people.

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Had a short but illustrious career as a bouncer at one time. Did not have a problem giving someone the " Bounce" when needed but, it got very old in a very short period of time and I quickly realized I have absolutely zero tolerance for drunks who can't hold their mud.

I feel for you my brother but, if they can't play nice, F'em!

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
Pictor I'm not a partier either so I feel you...try to make the most of it :)
I've never liked such occasions ..weddings, christenings, parties in general ...particularly the 'family dos' where everyone and the tenth cousin twelve times removed seems to come out of the woodwork.
I lasted 90 minutes before I felt pretty lousy, so we waited a further half hour until they finished serving food and made polite apologies. Our son said he was surprised I lasted that long, so as long as he wasn't disappointed, we're happy.
Anyway, by that time, some people were too loud for my sensitive ears right now, some too inebriated, and it wasn't very warm either.

Home to warm socks, yoga pants and a hot mug of tea! :)

Reading your later post, I feel sorry for that aspect of your job - spoils the beautiful place you live/work in. I just hope you don't get too many of these occasions to deal with!
Those are young and pleasant shoulders to carry such problems and responsibility for people who should know far better!

Hope your evening is calm and tomorrow very pleasant!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I've never liked such occasions ..weddings, christenings, parties in general ...particularly the 'family dos' where everyone and the tenth cousin twelve times removed seems to come out of the woodwork.
I lasted 90 minutes before I felt pretty lousy, so we waited a further half hour until they finished serving food and made polite apologies. Our son said he was surprised I lasted that long, so as long as he wasn't disappointed, we're happy.
Anyway, by that time, some people were too loud for my sensitive ears right now, some too inebriated, and it wasn't very warm either.

Home to warm socks, yoga pants and a hot mug of tea! :)

Reading your later post, I feel sorry for that aspect of your job - spoils the beautiful place you live/work in. I just hope you don't get too many of these occasions to deal with!
Those are young and pleasant shoulders to carry such problems and responsibility for people who should know far better!

Hope your evening is calm and tomorrow very pleasant!

Very sweet reply indeed. I'm proud of you for lasting 90 minutes - I usually don't make it that long :)

Well they're hitched...luckily the number of events like this are few in the overall picture and more or less none in the winter. And winter is 6 months here so half the year is event-free (less some small ones).

I still say...it ain't a wedding, it's the Mole Show. *blares Residents in the office*

Pictor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
UK
A very sweet reply Pictor. Just as sweet as the lady who wrote it. :)
Aww! :blush: How nice - thank you!

Very sweet reply indeed. I'm proud of you for lasting 90 minutes - I usually don't make it that long :)

Well they're hitched...luckily the number of events like this are few in the overall picture and more or less none in the winter. And winter is 6 months here so half the year is event-free (less some small ones).

I still say...it ain't a wedding, it's the Mole Show. *blares Residents in the office*
I doubt I'd have been happy to stay longer! It was 2 hours by the time we escaped ...sorry, left - and I was feeling pretty ill by the time we got home. No alcohol, but I fell asleep watching Dr Who, I fell asleep during another programme later on, and gave up on work just before 1am ...slept until 10 this morning!
Think I feel much better this morning! Sun is shining too, so that's nice.
Once I'm feeling a fair bit steadier (hopefully not too many weeks now) there'll be some good weather and we can go up onto the moors! Autumn sun is always lovely :)

Glad you don't get to cope with too many of those events! I expect winter there is very beautiful too!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
*bleary eyed, slothers in briefly*

went to sleep at 4 am...up at 8:30...

Doggy and I had to intervene last night, and tell people to return to their cabins - after some insubordination a police threat was made (by doggy of course) and shortly after that people returned to their cabins. Doggy and I continued to patrol the waterfront areas for a couple of hours because these people were such jerks and so unwalkably wasted we didn't want them to come back down to the water. Witnessed a fight almost break out on the porch of a cabin but they managed to settle it down before we intervened with that. We were like ninjas, creeping around stealthily in the dark, fogging out the camp with PBC.

The sky cleared after a day of rain - the temperature dropped into the low 40s - the water began misting due to the air being colder than the water - the moon shone bright through the mist and rippled along in the gentle waves of Osgood.

Doggy and I sat, had a final vape by the water's edge and then went to bed.

This morning the two biggest ...... drunks came up and apologized to me and offered me sub sandwiches. LMAO

Good morning peeps :) have a great day!

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
*bleary eyed, slothers in briefly*

went to sleep at 4 am...up at 8:30...

Doggy and I had to intervene last night, and tell people to return to their cabins - after some insubordination a police threat was made (by doggy of course) and shortly after that people returned to their cabins. Doggy and I continued to patrol the waterfront areas for a couple of hours because these people were such jerks and so unwalkably wasted we didn't want them to come back down to the water. Witnessed a fight almost break out on the porch of a cabin but they managed to settle it down before we intervened with that. We were like ninjas, creeping around stealthily in the dark, fogging out the camp with PBC.

The sky cleared after a day of rain - the temperature dropped into the low 40s - the water began misting due to the air being colder than the water - the moon shone bright through the mist and rippled along in the gentle waves of Osgood.

Doggy and I sat, had a final vape by the water's edge and then went to bed.

This morning the two biggest ...... drunks came up and apologized to me and offered me sub sandwiches. LMAO

Good morning peeps :) have a great day!

Subs sound good. LMAO ;)

motabrownie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2014
Lawrence, KS
This thread is bringing back some memories. Its hard for me to talk smack on drunk people as they pretty much paid my bills all through the '90s and early '00s. You really have to have a higher level of patience if you want to deal with bad drunks and not let it stress you out. It did help that I was usually drinking as well LOL. Sorry if youre a current or former Greek but the only trouble we ever had was when a frat boy wandered into our non-frat bar and started acting like a fool. I also had the luxury of having a handful of loyal regulars that grew up in Topeka (if youre from KS you know what Im talking about :p) that didnt generally like frat boys acting spoiled and bratty. I was really good at starting confrontations but not very good at finishing them. Thats what the Topeka boys were for :D

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
Thanks for the suggestion ;) Mines coming up in 11 day!! Ill get Nicoticket to cater my wedding everyone is invited!!!! hahahaha

Just eleven days before your date with the gallows. Er Um, I mean, wedding day. :p

Seriously though, when you hit it right, there is nothing like it in the world. Congratulations Nick! May you have the finest of wedding days and most of all, may you live happily ever after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread