VooPoo Argus P2 Pod System Review By Frenkyou

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    VooPoo Argus P2 Pod System 1.JPG

Hi, today we're taking a look at the Argus P2 Pod System sent to me by VooPoo. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item. I hope that at the end of this reading you can understand this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► VooPoo Argus P2; Before starting, let's look together at some special features indicated by the manufacturer:

• 1. Futuristic and mechanical style
    • 2. Built-in 1100mAh battery with 30W max
    • 3. Power/SPT/NOR/ECO mode
    • 4. Equipped with 0.54 inch OLED screen
    • 5. Designed with 5 RGB LED lights
    • 6. Adopts 0.4Ω/0.7Ω Argus top filling cartridge (2ml)

VooPoo Argus P2 Pod System 2.jpg

► VooPoo Argus P2; Packaging:
    The coloring of the package that accompanies this new Pod By VooPoo device is pleasant and colorful. The packaging states on the front: the brand (VooPoo), the name of the device (Argus P2) and the image of the kit. On the back there are; The contents, trademarks, legal logos, warnings, and various contact information of Shenzhen Woody Vapes Technology Co., Ltd. On the remaining sides of the box there are; barcodes, Q-R Codes, and the main features in the form of icons.

*The outer packaging of this sample is designed differently than the retail version.

VooPoo Argus P2 Pod System 3.jpg

VooPoo Argus P2 Pod System 4.jpg

► VooPoo Argus P2; Packing List:
    • 1* ARGUS P2 device
    • 1* 0.4Ω ARGUS Cartridge (2ml)
    • 1* 0.7Ω ARGUS Cartridge (2ml)
    • 1*Type-C cable
    • 1* Lanyard
    • 1* User Manual

VooPoo Argus P2 Pod System 5.jpg

► VooPoo Argus P2; Specifications:
    • Dimensions: 78*48.5*17.5mm
    • Material: zinc alloy+polycarbonate
    • Battery Capacity: 1100mAh (Built-in)
    • Output power: 5-30W adjustable
    • Power Shift Mode: SPT/NOR/ECO
    • Output voltage: 3.2-4.2V
    • Resistance range: 0.4-3.0Ω
    • Pod capacity: 2ml
    • Filling: Side/top

VooPoo Argus P2 Pod System 6.JPG

► VooPoo Argus P2; Available colours:
    • Matte Black
    • Titanium Grey
    • Ruby Red
    • Emerald Green
    • Violet Purple
    • Steel Blue
    • Crystal Pink
    • Peal white

VooPoo Argus P2 Pod System 7.JPG

► VooPoo Argus P2; First Impressions:
    Argus P2 is the new evolution of Argus P1, P2 continues with the futuristic design of its predecessor but with more graphic feedback interaction and greater performance. The pocket-sized design of the P1 and P2 draws inspiration from the Drag 2 Nano, a vaporizer that has set the standard in this entry level sector with a "pocket-sized" design. Furthermore, with Argus P2 an absolutely excellent level of aesthetics and finishes has been achieved, in the image below you can certainly see how this new device is extremely compact and cute.

VooPoo Argus P2 Pod System 8.jpg

► VooPoo Argus P2; 1.100mAh battery:
    The device incorporates a 1,100mAh rechargeable battery which supports a maximum power of 30W. The USB-C charging port is located on the bottom, the base offers a stable support. The battery offers excellent performance with stable output and an extremely fast charging time of approximately 30 minutes. With a full battery charge I managed to get over 400 puffs at a constant 23W. This is a great result.

VooPoo Argus P2 Pod System 9.png

► VooPoo Argus P2; AFC Control:
    One of the two thin sides of the Argus G2 allows you to apply the shoulder strap present in the package, furthermore on this side there is a sliding system for controlling the air flow; it is easy to tune the flow to obtain a narrow MTL shot or a smoother RDL shot.

VooPoo Argus P2 Pod System 10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    VooPoo Argus P2 Pod System 11.png

► VooPoo Argus P2; How it is made:
    VooPoo Argus P2 as I said is a small pocket object, it is designed in a futuristic mechanical style, the device combines robustness and sophisticated elegance, it is made of 75% metal, with the remaining transparent part showing off the internal card and the colorful RGB LED light system. The body of Argus P2 is modeled with gentle curves well connected to each other, this shape gives a natural sensation to the touch and a delicate grip thanks to the metal surfaces worked and polished on a nanometric scale. The part that I call the front is also divided into two sectors; on the metal sector there is a rather large vertical "ARGUS" writing, it is placed in relief and contributes significantly to creating a pleasant visual appearance. The transparent sector allows you to view the internal board and the five RGB LED lights. RGB LED lights allow customizable settings to meet individual needs of different scenarios. The OLED screen displays the usage status, indicates the battery level, puffs, power and cartridge resistance. Despite the small size of the display, the fonts are bright and clearly visible.

VooPoo Argus P2 Pod System 12.jpg

VooPoo Argus P2 Pod System 13.jpg

The upper base houses the Compartment/Pod on the metal part which contains the contact pins and the sensor for automatic activation of the puffs. The two magnets are the mirror image of those on the bottom of the cartridge and are really strong. On the transparent part there is what looks like a Fire button, in reality it is the adjustment button as Argus P2 only works with automatic extraction. The selection button is nice to look at and is quite comfortable to operate even with the thumb.

VooPoo Argus P2 Pod System 14.jpg

► VooPoo Argus P2; Operation Guide:
    When in "POWER" mode, pressing the select button 3 times allows you to adjust the power. To access the menu you have to press the button 5 times, then you can switch to the SHIFT function which in turn offers three different power modes SPT, NOR or ECO.
    • Power Mode: Optimize your vaping for a more personalized experience.
    • SPT Mode: Offers robust flavor with voluminous vapor for maximum satisfaction.
    • NOR Mode: Automatically sets the power for the optimal vaping session; perfect for beginners
    • Eco Mode: Limits both battery consumption and e-liquid consumption.

* To change the LED light settings, long press the select button, then you can choose two different light themes or you can disable the lights completely for maximum energy saving.

VooPoo Argus P2 Pod System 15.png

► VooPoo Argus P2; Updated Cartridges:
    The ARGUS P2 kit is equipped with a new, completely updated cartridge, featuring the exclusive iCOSM CODE flavor interpretation technology. The cartridge is called "ARGUS TOP Fill". It features an e-liquid capacity of 2ml and according to VooPoo offers 30 days of use without leaks, with a coil life of 90ml.

VooPoo Argus P2 Pod System 16.gif

The new "ARGUS TOP Fill" cartridge offers good feedback with the lips, filling from the top requires lifting the rubber by inserting a nail under it, unfortunately for me who don't have sharp nails this operation is rather uncomfortable.

VooPoo Argus P2 Pod System 17.jpg

VooPoo offers a wide range of replacement "ARGUS TOP Fill" cartridges to provide users with a diversified vaping experience from MTL to RDL. The cartridges are available with different resistive values and with different e-liquid capacities of 2/3ml. You can choose to use disposable or "empty pod" type cartridges with replaceable ITO coils. This new line of updated cartridges is compatible with all products in the VOOPOO ARGUS POD family, including the new ARGUS G2 and ARGUS P2, as well as the previously launched ARGUS G, ARGUS P1, ARGUS P1s, ARGUS Z, ARGUS POD SE and ARGUS POD.

VooPoo Argus P2 Pod System 18.gif

VooPoo Argus P2 Pod System 19.gif

► VooPoo Argus P2; Vaping test & Final Conclusions:
    The 0.7Ω cartridge dedicated to MTL vaping is automatically set to 16W by the chipset, with this cartridge I really appreciated the flavor obtainable especially with open airflow, the aromatic yield is of a good level with exemplary operation and no spitting. By restricting the airflow you get a well contrasted MTL hit with a good throat hit, the vapor is slightly warmer. Furthermore, ARGUS P2 with a maximum output of 30W pairs perfectly with the new 0.4Ω cartridge which is capable of providing a concentrated flavour, with fluid aspirations accompanied by a considerable amount of steam. The 0.4Ω cartridge dedicated to RDL vaping is automatically set to 23W by the intelligent chipset. After very intense use of both of these cartridges I have not detected any trace of condensation in the compartment/pod. Compared to other similar Pod cartridges that are on the market, the "Top Fill VOOPOO ARGUS" cartridge has a larger integrated coil than usual and this undoubtedly makes the atomization more efficient and more adequate. The interpretation of the iCOSM CODE flavor seems to me to be up to par and even superior to the best proposals from the competition. In conclusion, I would like to recommend ARGUS P2 because it is a kit with a very attractive and particular aesthetic that offers excellent tactile feedback with great portability; there are new features and an elegant and technological appearance with 5 RGB LED lights, a display for real-time mod control. Furthermore, compared to the main competitors in the sector, the ARGUS P2 battery reaches 1100mAh with a maximum output power of 30W for average higher energy performance.

• I would like to thank VooPoo for providing me with this new pod kit. I hope this review has been helpful to anyone looking to purchase the Argus P2.

• Thanks for reading.

VooPoo Argus P2 Pod System 20.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread