noob review about coil type and question about Ni80

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone

I've been startin to vape quite recently and in this amount short of time
thanks from this forum and youtube I learn little by little

so the story is I on my searching of the best wire for my taste and I try Khantal,Ni80,SS 316L (I havent try Ni200 or Ti and I dont think I would try)

Khantal : the 1st coil I got along with my mod,I thought it was ok,but I found it is not after I try Ni80,I hate khantal it make my liquid and cotton turn red/orange and disgusting metalic taste , Khantal is X for me

SS : Flavour is good, better ramp up,but it still make my cotton and liquid turn red,Springy to build,and I try the TC mode honestly I cant find any different with wattage mode,

Ni80 : Flavour is good or even better from SS honestly cant find much different,fast ramp up,fast cooling down, I can have low wattage and not burn my lips, make my cotton and liquid look nice even after 2-3 days chain vaping and mix a lot of juice (I use entheon btw)

so from all those wire I try,I really hooked up Ni80 but I found a lot of article that Ni80 could be toxic and all that kinda stuff,so before I decicated and bought a 10metre of Ni80 I really want to hear a word from a Ni80 Vapers , how the long term experience with Ni80 , does it affect your health?

Thank's pep's

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
I only use nichrome, and do not experience negative health effects.

Honestly, any wire has the potential to produce harmful toxins if improperly used. The studies I have seen that claim this tend to overheat the wire well beyond what we do when we are vaping. Since we are drawing air in the atomizer it cools the coil, as well as the ejuice that is inside the coil works to keep the temp down some as well, so our coils do not get hot enough to produce the toxins in question. If you were to chain vape dry cotton, you will then start to see these toxins beginning to form, but as long as you do not do this, you won't be producing the toxins.

Reactions: stols001

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
None of those materials should turn your cotton red during normal use. Even unused and wet with water not juice any corrosion would take days or weeks. At a guess I would say there is some sort of chemical reaction happening between your juice and the coils, or the juice is caramelizing into red/orange colored gunk.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
the juice is caramelizing into red/orange colored gunk.

He did say he was using low wattages. I think the caramelizing is probably right.

I use NI80. Because Kanthal tastes weird and is too high resistance. And I don't use SS because I like a stable resistance.

I only use nichrome, and do not experience negative health effects.

Honestly, any wire has the potential to produce harmful toxins if improperly used. The studies I have seen that claim this tend to overheat the wire well beyond what we do when we are vaping. Since we are drawing air in the atomizer it cools the coil, as well as the ejuice that is inside the coil works to keep the temp down some as well, so our coils do not get hot enough to produce the toxins in question. If you were to chain vape dry cotton, you will then start to see these toxins beginning to form, but as long as you do not do this, you won't be producing the toxins.
yeah I guess you're right,I only use single coil and vaping at 30-45 watt I shouldnt worry about Ni80 became toxic I suppose
None of those materials should turn your cotton red during normal use. Even unused and wet with water not juice any corrosion would take days or weeks. At a guess I would say there is some sort of chemical reaction happening between your juice and the coils, or the juice is caramelizing into red/orange colored gunk.
He did say he was using low wattages. I think the caramelizing is probably right.

I use NI80. Because Kanthal tastes weird and is too high resistance. And I don't use SS because I like a stable resistance.

Aahh so you guys called that "caramelizing",yes I use low wattage 30-45 most of the time,so that caramelizing happen because the low wattage,I see I see

Thanks for all the answer,I decide to jump into Ni80

Thank you!

• Agree

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
cn229AJ.png

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Where did you get your wire from? I'd say different sources may offer different (and potentially) safer wires. What did you use as a wicking material? Is it cotton? At your wattages (which are still low) I might expect some juice discoloring the wick. I use rayon, and it typically turns my juice darker slightly (sometimes, not every time) as the wick nears the end of its useful life. It's not unusual for me to see color on my wick, pink, IDK, I guess certain juices could do that. I will say I see a sort of "leeching" from my wicks of differing colors and by the time I need a wick change, I notice it in my juice. If you are using cotton, I could see that process happening sooner, but I don't necessarily think it's your wire, it's just the nature of wicks to become slowly gunked over time.

Try some different juices next time you wick. See if the coloration is any different. If it is, I might be concerned about the wire, but it may well just be that your particular wire and juice are causing that color of discoloration. I will say, when I remove my wicks, they're always dark, and if I leave them too long, they can blacken. That's a more typical discoloration I think but depending on where you are with your wick-- I've seen "pinkish to brownish" spots in my tanks below my wicks where they may be leeching from the coil. I am pretty much 100% certain that the color is coming from the wick inside my coil, which typically shows gunk "first" and since inside the coil is where the most "heat" happens for the wick, that doesn't seem unusual to me and I'm fairly certain (in fact almost 100% certain) that the wick is doing the change to the juice, not the coil (although it's the wick INSIDE the coil that changes fastest, due to that being the most "heated" area of the wick, and things kind of work their way down from there until it's time for a change.

I see no reason for you to not use the wire you prefer. If you handle your wick and coil safely there is little risk. You would have to keep vaping on a truly dreadful wick, that needed replacement so badly you could barely bring yourself to vape it anymore, because the wick is so burnt. Most vapers never reach that point-- trying to vape on a coil and wick that has burnt out is extremely unpleasant, be it drop in coils or self-made coils. I think you'll be totally fine.

Best of luck,

Anna

The only time I’ve heard of cotton changing funky colors if from rdas with copper posts and screws. Honestly I only use kanthal. Paranoid of anything else.
no my entheon is not copper/brass still create those caramelizing color
and yes you're right on my brass/cooper goon its worst

Where did you get your wire from? I'd say different sources may offer different (and potentially) safer wires. What did you use as a wicking material? Is it cotton? At your wattages (which are still low) I might expect some juice discoloring the wick. I use rayon, and it typically turns my juice darker slightly (sometimes, not every time) as the wick nears the end of its useful life. It's not unusual for me to see color on my wick, pink, IDK, I guess certain juices could do that. I will say I see a sort of "leeching" from my wicks of differing colors and by the time I need a wick change, I notice it in my juice. If you are using cotton, I could see that process happening sooner, but I don't necessarily think it's your wire, it's just the nature of wicks to become slowly gunked over time.

Try some different juices next time you wick. See if the coloration is any different. If it is, I might be concerned about the wire, but it may well just be that your particular wire and juice are causing that color of discoloration. I will say, when I remove my wicks, they're always dark, and if I leave them too long, they can blacken. That's a more typical discoloration I think but depending on where you are with your wick-- I've seen "pinkish to brownish" spots in my tanks below my wicks where they may be leeching from the coil. I am pretty much 100% certain that the color is coming from the wick inside my coil, which typically shows gunk "first" and since inside the coil is where the most "heat" happens for the wick, that doesn't seem unusual to me and I'm fairly certain (in fact almost 100% certain) that the wick is doing the change to the juice, not the coil (although it's the wick INSIDE the coil that changes fastest, due to that being the most "heated" area of the wick, and things kind of work their way down from there until it's time for a change.

I see no reason for you to not use the wire you prefer. If you handle your wick and coil safely there is little risk. You would have to keep vaping on a truly dreadful wick, that needed replacement so badly you could barely bring yourself to vape it anymore, because the wick is so burnt. Most vapers never reach that point-- trying to vape on a coil and wick that has burnt out is extremely unpleasant, be it drop in coils or self-made coils. I think you'll be totally fine.

Best of luck,

Anna
Hi
I use cotton bacon,I dont know if its the wire or the cotton,but it always get that caramel color,khantal especially the worst,I use those demon killer the one package that came with a lot of type of coil,tiger coil,clapton,fused,is it demon killer good brand??

when I use Ni80 its all clean and neat,thats why I wanna keep using it and make sure it safe,Im gonna get the UD 24 Ni80,..I dont know if its a good brand or not?any idea?

and yeah I got several dry hit on the 1st weeks I start vaping,its give me instant headache that time Im using avocado 22mm and somehow the liquid wont go up later on I must learn proper wicking,but now Im using entheon guso far I dont remember when the last time I got dryhit

got it,gonna make sure to use low watt and keep it wet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread