HELP NEEDED with my Screwdriver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
I just had this issue with the GG and Imeo's fixing it. But, I have a new SD. I broke the button on the old one, sent it back to get fixed, and Trog sent me a new one (thanks!). And, it worked so so so well, I used it for two days straight and it was perfection. Truly.

So, anyways, I was vaping today on the adapter and the BCE112 atomizer and all of a sudden,my atomizer started staying on! I quickly unscrewed it, but lost that atomizer. So, I tried another. And, this stayed on, too. .. the second it was screwed on. I tried another. Same thing.

So, I took off the adapter and tried a 901 atomizer. And, this one started heating up the second it was screwed on, too.

Seriously-- I had the same thing happen with the GG and it's now in Greece getting fixed. I don't want to ship this one back to England, too. I'd like to know what's wrong with it and just fix it from here. Since this isn't the first time it happened to me, I'd like to just figure out what the problem is and either avoid it from now on or fix it.

Also, when this happened, I put in a brand new battery and a brand new atomizer, too, but same thing-- it just immediately turned on.

This happened once before with something else, then the GG, then now the SD.

WTF is going on? I don't do anything abnormal with it-- just use it the way I normally do when these things work. And, then, without dropping it, without pushing anything, without screwing anything in too hard, my atomizers just start staying on. HELP!!! (thanks)

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
Sounds like the switch may be stuck. Did you try manually pulling it back out?
But, that's the thing-- it definitely wasn't stuck with the gg. And, the switch on the sd is pressing just the same as it was before this happened . . . I don't see anything different inside it at all! :confused: I mean, can the inside be stuck while the outside isn't?

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
Most feasible problem is the switch. Take out the battery. Look down in the top. there "should be" a small piece of plastic under the switch lead. They are both bent over but if they are touching it is as if the switch is pushed
YES!!! So, I have to take it out and put electrical tape between them? Thank you!

Houdini

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2009
Las Vegas
Should look like this in there.

IMGsd.jpg

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
Wow, thanks so much. . . I had to unscrew the whole switch, but i put some tape there and it's great now. The old switch on the other SD had a plastic circle on it to make sure that didn't happen. This one didn't, so I just made one with the tape. Thank you. It's perfect now. I really appreciate that.

What do you think it was with the GG-- have you seen the inside of that one? It's constructed much differently.

Last edited:

TDM

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Wow, thanks so much. . . I had to unscrew the whole switch, but i put some tape there and it's great now. The old switch on the other SD had a plastic circle on it to make sure that didn't happen. This one didn't, so I just made one with the tape. Thank you. It's perfect now. I really appreciate that.

What do you think it was with the GG-- have you seen the inside of that one? It's constructed much differently.

Haven't seen a GG. It may have just wanted to go home for a visit.:D

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
The original piece of plastic may still be floating around inside there or stuck to the inside somewhere, or stuck to the battery since it was working at first, maybe?
And mouse, I just took that picture with a Cannon SD750 in digital macro mode.
Hmmm. . .yes, I guess you're right. But it's not anymore. . . it probably fell out when I changed batteries or something.

Well, this was really really helpful.

Thanks!

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
Haven't seen a GG. It may have just wanted to go home for a visit.:D
Yes, that would make sense. I'm sure they are having quite a reunion with Imeo praising its build/workmanship/aesthetic so highly and all. ;) I guess I'll have to start doing the same thing when it makes its way back here to me.

TDM

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Yes, that would make sense. I'm sure they are having quite a reunion with Imeo praising its build/workmanship so highly and all. ;) I guess I'll have to start doing the same thing when it makes its way back here to me.

Imeo is probably chastising it for not doing what it is suppose to! I can imagine him laying it on his leg and spanking it and putting it in the corner for an hour:shock:

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
I've never needed to do it but how do you get the switch off anyway?
You have to stick a really thin file or something in there and unscrew it (counter-clockwise). . . there's a small hole to catch the file or skewer or whatever you use.

When you re-screw it in, it's harder because you have to keep teh switch straight and catch the threads. . . but it's not that hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread