ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2010
AZ, USA

benriz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2010
miami
My first experience was the same as yours. I bought 15 from a supplier because they were on sale for $35 and the reviews were great, they started out amazing but went down fast. The first ones i got were listed at 2.0 ohm. I went through 12 of these (15 in 7 days), I use the monkeyboxx mod and I would go through 3 carts to drain one 6mil bottle. My first cart form hoosierecigsupply.com is way better, theirs were listed at 1.25. I am now on my second tank using the first cart and it is vaping like crazy, with great flavor. Anytime i can vape 12 mills of juice from a single cart I am happy. The vapor at 3.7 is the best I have had. Now let me say all of us know that you can get a really good cart and / or atomizer and the next 10 can all be bad, so I caution that I am still on the first cart. I ordered 10 at $2 each. But if the next 9 are 1/2 as good as the first one I am really, really impressed.

My GPSSR started leaking around the bottom endcap o-ring after a cleaning. Only thing I did to clean was rinse with a little water. It's not much, but enough to leave a small puddle if left in one place long. I've examined the o-ring and don't see any damage to it, not sure why it all of the sudden started leaking
I'm considering trying a larger o-ring on it.

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
Does anyone know what size 0-ring the SSR uses? I just want to find a few back up o-rings in case I may need them. TIA

I would suggest you disassemble your SSR and head on down to your local hardware store. I know that I was amazed, when I was rebuilding air pistols, the variety of sizes they carry in their little parts bins, usually for 5 or 10 cents each. Just make sure you get synthetic rings, I fear that real rubber will taint your juice. Once you find the right size, pick up a fistful of them. Just make sure you label your ziplock with the size, in case you ever need more.

asnider123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2010
The Original ModFather, USA
I did take it apart and it is noted just a touch smaller than a 510 drip tip 0-ring. I will have to check out some stores this coming week. Better yet I will just send my hubs to the store...for some reason he will find it faster than me...LOL

I suggest a smaller store, those big chains carry what sells the best, smaller places actually have better selections. Also, sometimes it's better to wet your o-rings slightly to lube them. I would suggest a drop of VG on your finger would make a good seal lube.

Last edited:

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
The bolded Information in the following post pertains to the O-Ring used between the adapter and the CE2 of the GP-SSR.

Mine didn't come with or I somehow lost the O-ring on the bottom of the CE2 and leaked like mad when I first filled it up. After a few emails with Rob I went to Lowes and bought a pack of #47 O-rings and put one on there and tightened it up finger tight then just snugged it up very little with a pair of needle nose pliers and It hasn't leaked a drop since. I have shaken it turned it upside down and even fell asleep last night with it in my bed a woke up rolling around on it not a drop leaked.
I have a 2.4 CE2 in mine and it hits pretty hard and makes lots of vapor on my Megalodon with an 18650 I really like it!

Good job Rob and thanks for your help getting me set up with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread