GP-SSR Feedback and First Thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pixproff

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Iowa
I bought the SSR without the CE2. It is very easy to add a CE2 atty. Nice vapor and flavor. A very nice kit. It looks great sitting on top of the provari.

My one concern is the length of the wick. I used a fat wicked CE2 and the wicks touched the bottom of the tube but in the SSR the bottom of the wicks barely reach about half way down the SSR tube. I won't be able to vape it more than halfway before I will have to fill it again. Maybe my next atty will have longer wicks.

Over all a very nice and inexpensive tank. Good job dirt2suck.:headbang:

Iluvthearmy

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2011
The Desert
I'm really liking the convenience and cleanliness of it. Only problem is the taste of the CE2 but I'm experimenting with new wicks as some forum veterans suggested. I got it tuesday or wednesday and I just refilled it for the second time.. That alone is money well spent.
By the by, are you going to be stocking replacement o-rings and such? Mines going to be spending some time in the desert in the near future and I forsee a need for spares.

Edit: I just checked your site and seen you have spare parts available but I can't find how to seperately order them.:facepalm:

Last edited:

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
I bought the SSR with a 3.0 ce2 with it. I had to ask Mr. Rob thru email a few questions since I never tried ce2s as well. In the meantime, I cleaned the ce2 before use. I have been using the unit since Monday with at least 3 fills. I did not totaly fill up the unit...maybe 3/4ths way. (Just in case I get burned out on a e-juice).

It has been going strong since. No burned flavors. A true flavor IMHO and I have used two vendors juice which are dark and my own diy juice. I find no need to clean unit just yet.

First impressions: I really like the SSR. I don't think I would intentionally put it in my pocket at work*dont want to take a chance and break it...however, its going in the nursing bag for breaks. I truely found something that will last all day. Plus as a bonus I figured out the 3.0 make my battery last longer. (Using a mod=buzz VV unit).

I really like this so far. I am hoping that I will be able to switch out the ce2 when the time comes. I am sure I will find help if needed. So when that time comes...procasinate..I will review my outcome...however, as I stated before I am new to SSRs and ce2s. So being new to this stands some possibility of user error.

Oh and I forgot to add that I love the way I can vent this to ensure a great throat hit...
Sandra
PS I have my voltage set at 4.5. :vapor: no leaks at all.

Last edited:

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
Last edited:

medic123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
a Florida beach
I got mine last week. I have been using it for several days. Simply put I love it. I took it off my mod and threw it in a plastic bag to take to work. I forgot it was in there until I got home. Needless to say I don't recommend this but I was very happy to see after it being thrown around in my bag all day it only leaked a couple of drops. Wow.

FreakyStylie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
The Internet
OK, I have given the SSR a good spin. For the most part, I like it. There are a few things to tweak, but I'll give it a little more time since I'm spending a great deal of time in other areas right now.

It took a little while to get the heat settings down, and have found that I'm vaping about 4.5 volts on a 2.3 carto to get the flavor/vapor combo I prefer. The air flow is really finicky, and you have to commit a little time to adjusting it to your liking. Once you find it though, it is golden.

The biggest issue that I have with it is the fact that I can't lay it on its side when it's full. That kind of ruins the extra storage capacity. Right now it sits, dedicated to my Infinity, and inhabits my home computer desk where it can stand upright in my pen container. I am using it while I'm at home, but would love to be able to take it with me everywhere. I haven't had a lot of time to read through everybody's stories, so there may well be a good tip that I've just missed.

Other than the leaking issue, I really like this, and hope that I can get that part figured out quickly. It was nice to not have to fuss with juice over the weekends. Fill it and forget it. :thumb:

hellcatrydr

Moved On
Jan 30, 2011
Is there a 510 native connector available? or coming?
Why the 901/adapter setup? I bought 2 of them & won't even try em 'cause they stick up that extra 1/3" leaving a gap. I did read the site page & I knew there was an adapter but holy cow, It's ugly! And unnecessary, I think. (I sent you a message from the site too.)
This is my problem because I knew & bought em anyway. So no prob w/ you guys. I just cant stand adapters. I want my PV (ProVari) to look & feel like it is well engineered. The big gap and extra part loses me.

Dudeman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
New Bedford, MA
Is there a 510 native connector available? or coming?
Why the 901/adapter setup? I bought 2 of them & won't even try em 'cause they stick up that extra 1/3" leaving a gap. I did read the site page & I knew there was an adapter but holy cow, It's ugly! And unnecessary, I think. (I sent you a message from the site too.)
This is my problem because I knew & bought em anyway. So no prob w/ you guys. I just cant stand adapters. I want my PV (ProVari) to look & feel like it is well engineered. The big gap and extra part loses me.

There are a few sites that sell a low profile 510-901 adapter. It's about 1/16" but it usually costs more than double what the other one costs.

garyinco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2010
CO, USA
Had mine about a week. Really like them. Easy to change carto beats all the others. Waiting for both the top and bottom grommets to become available, as I imagine taste will suffer over time with these. Nice product.

I washing mine after every two refills. Might drop that to every third time depending on the juice used...

PKZap27

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
USA - Ohio
There are a few sites that sell a low profile 510-901 adapter. It's about 1/16" but it usually costs more than double what the other one costs.

I was not able to get the "low profile 510-901 adapter" to work with GP-SSR. It seems that you can not adjust the air flow and when I tried to use it I was not able to get any air flow through it.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
Well I had this for one week now. I changed out my ce2 for a lower resistance at 2.6. I orginally thought I would have problems. However, after removing the tube on the ce2 I had no problems screwing it into the SSR and using the little black washer. Sorry forgot what its called...I am not to mechanical for real.

I will save the orginal 3.0 ce2 but like my new 2.6 because it wicks better...yeah cannot wait for replacement parts in the future. I have not had any problems with leaking but do try to keep it upright. I have had the pv outside today on its side while gardening and still no leaks..I just don't overfill. (I also make sure the ce2 is screwed in tight).

So I can say for someone who always has her hubs do everything for her...this was very easy for me to figure out. I am still enjoying it and it works for me.

dirt2suck

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
Ephrata PA USA
The 510 to 901 adapter is what works.

It might seem to not have a purpose, or it may look weird and add length and all that,
but it is what is necessary to control YOUR personal needs and like of the airflow.

If you want a tighter draw than "jim-bob" then you adjust the adapter.

There is already a 510 native tank system out there (actually a few)

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
Sdh,

That is really good feedback to hear.

It does take some interest into "doing it yourself" to operate the GP-SSR
You cant just fill it and vape happy.
Maintenance, and adjusting is part of it....but very easily done.

I agree. I am going to clean and reuse every third day as a marker. Last week was shot down for me. I had recieved a wonderfull gift from facebook called the windows restore virus. (No more facebook for me!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread