File this one under - It looks like they are smoking and they're enjoying it so it must be bad.... or under politically correct gone wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Hello,

a couple of questions from this newbie

what is ANTZ ?
when I google ANTZ I get lots of references to the Movie ANTZ

what is BP ?

we don't live in a Democracy we live in a Republic
Kristin (one of our core members) is the one that came up with the ANTZ term
The acronym ANTZ stands for Anti-Nicotine and tobacco Zealots

BP: Big Pharma
The Pharmaceutical industry

kristin

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2009
CASAA - Wisconsin
casaa.org
Petrodus, I'm not sure I agree on the ultimate goal of the ANTZ, other than that portion of the group that are truly psychologically imbalanced. Yes, there are avid prohibitionists, but I don't see them as more than a small faction of the entire group.

Actually, Petrodus is right. "ANTZ" only want to see tobacco and nicotine gone from the face of the earth - but they would probably move on to other "evils" if they ever achieved that goal. It's one reason I dislike seeing vapers talk about BT being "evil." It's that mentality, of vilifying an industry, product or person (rather than focusing on the actual behavior that causes harm to people) that opens the door into becoming just like the ANTZ.

What you are thinking of are "antis." Antis are very varied in their focus and goals. Some are anti-tobacco, some are anti-smoker, some are anti-smoking but not anti-smoker (more pro-health than "anti"), some are anti-addiction, some are anti-second hand smoke, some are in it for the money, etc. Many antis could fit in one or more of those categories.

ANTZ are actually a specific type of anti and would fit into "all of the above." They have an irrational fear and/or hatred of anything with tobacco or nicotine and the people who use those products and there is no reasoning with them.

For example, Bill Godshall, Dr. Rodu and Dr. Siegel are all "antis" but they are not ANTZ. I actually came up with the term "ANTZ" to distinguish them from the anti folks who actually support THR, including e-cigarettes.

Last edited:

elbertdee

Resting In Peace
Apr 29, 2012
California
Thanks

I have run into a whole town of ANTZ
When I lived in Grants Pass Oregon, they decided to make to city a no smoking zone and it looked like it would be passed.
I did bring up the fact that that would mean they were going to deny me the right to pray when I was in town.

Im sure I did not carry much weight , but they took the bill off the ballot.

Personally I really hate it when an ex smoker who turns into a Zealot

If they decided to wipe tobacco of the face of the Earth I know a whole lot of Natives that would not go along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread