• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

eGo T Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondieLocs

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Calgary, AB Canada
After two months of use, I have not yet had a tank cap get stuck in an atty. One other thing to note in addition to the suggestions listed:

When I swap tanks, I almost always take the atty off of the battery first. My feeling is that this would negate any effects caused by air pressure/airlocks, etc. This enables me to catch any leaking before it becomes a problem wrt defective tanks, and also possibly eliminate the problem of the wick moving within the needle plate that some had reported problems with in other threads. (My guess was this could have been caused as a result of the air pressure.)

On another note... An update to my cleaning regimen:

I've reported that until now I have had no need to clean a T atty, other than the occasional blowing out and maintenance of vaping unflavoured juices. I've since decided to clean one that has been in constant use for a month. What I did was a hot water soak/rinse for 15 minutes. Instead of allowing to air dry like most people do, I blew out some of the excess water and put a tank on it, then started vaping right away.

Theory: These attys like to be wet. E-juice is comprised of a percentage of water. I'm lazy and impatient. Therefore, I see no need to dry atty before vaping if using water as a cleansing solution.

Results of experiment: After the first initial draws where the flavour and vapour was obviously diluted, this atty is now outperforming every other atty I have in rotation. Definitely my new cleaning regimen!

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
interesting. I tried cleaning a couple and have had better luck just leaving them alone. since going dedicated atty to a flavour I have less hassles. the jc canadian gold is almost 60ml through it allready (I vape that stuff like crazy). that stuff is like smoking feel but tastes better and the lr atty I think will make it perfect. the swisher is strong enough I use less.

the cap I had to replace that came off is worn. it pops off easy. I put a used one on it's tight. I go through a lot of juice, I admit it freely. I've had nic od headaches and even felt some headrushes realizing hey stupid put it down.

alxbad. did you compare the same juice? man I want to order one so bad but I just can't afford it yet. grr. how does it affect the flavour? I like the cawston cherrywood but it needs a little more oomph to be a cherry prime time. I don't have a dripper to try that right now. took my 510 stuff to a friend. my revived atty redied lol. it gets orange but doesn't really vape much anymore. getting the bike today cleaned me out. I left there with a $150 cheque and $20 left in the account. $90 went back into the vehicles to fill the gas tanks while I was in cheaper neighbourhood. dam. I was sure I had this figured to have a little more left over? oh hell, rambling again.

BlondieLocs

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Calgary, AB Canada
ok dam I have to order me a couple then. going to need another bottle of canadian gold anyway. now they just need to come up with the mega tank and I'll be in heaven then. I want a 5ml tank haha ok maybe 3ml?

I've just read that the eGo T atty now comes in the Type B style... so the tank holds 2ml. Is that close enough? ;)

BlondieLocs

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Calgary, AB Canada
where is this bigger tank or is it another april fools joke cuz that has me excited. I fill 3 tanks of each flavour at a time right now so I can just grab and swap. less swapping would be even better

It landed in the US a couple days ago... Cignot is one vendor I know about that is carrying them: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/cignot/175053-type-b-ego-t-atomizers-here.html#post2926739

The Type B Tank would look the same as the Type B XL atty - so cylindrical with a tank twice the size of the ones for the Type A (cone) style we're currently using. I would expect that the Type B should land in Canada fairly soon, but who knows?

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
Well, my eGo-T stopped it's "oomph" and started dropping in vapor considerably, so I flushed it out with some Vodka and left it to dry.

My process - This is my usual process for cleaning atties, and it really works with pretty much any atty I have ever tried to clean at all.

First, I take a clean glass, and pour about 5 ml of vodka into the glass. I take my syringe (removing the the blunt metal tip) and suck up all of the vodka. With the tank removed, I force the vodka through the mouthpiece end of the atty, making sure to hold the atty over my cup to catch all the vodka.

I repeat this until the vodka doesn't appear to darken any more and then blow out the atty and set it to the side to dry for a day. After letting it dry, I fill a tank, pop it on and leave it to wick for about 5 minutes. Oddly enough, it's like a brand new atomizer now :) It has to be broken in with the first few puffs and then slowly provides more throat hit.

I don't mind it at all because I almost feel like I bought a new eGo-T atty. If the 510-T is anything like this, I will be investing in those as well.

aggo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I've had my ego-T for over a month and was really having problems at first (leaking at top/bottom etc), but I've been getting the hang of it more. Like others have noted I get a muted flavour on them but I found that it's really good to use with the sweeter juices that I find too sweet for dripping. Still having leaking problems at the top end if it's flat on the table (cart to atty) but it's okay if I keep it rested at a 30 degree angle when putting it down. I use the ego-T atty usually at home and drip when I'm out (don't worry I don't have a car...lol). Really want to get the LR ego-T atty and some new carts.

Another thing that was really bugging me about the ego-T was the copious amounts of juice I was going through...until I came to a realization. You know how when you blow the atty out into a paper towel a river of liquid comes out? Well, I realized I can recycle my juice simply by blowing back into the cart or a juice bottle. Maybe some other people know this but D'OH! Why didn't I think of this before? lol

dmatrix7

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Belleville Ontario
How does the recycled juice taste? I also have all sorts of leaking problems and go through a fair bit of juice it seems.

I've had my ego-T for over a month and was really having problems at first (leaking at top/bottom etc), but I've been getting the hang of it more. Like others have noted I get a muted flavour on them but I found that it's really good to use with the sweeter juices that I find too sweet for dripping. Still having leaking problems at the top end if it's flat on the table (cart to atty) but it's okay if I keep it rested at a 30 degree angle when putting it down. I use the ego-T atty usually at home and drip when I'm out (don't worry I don't have a car...lol). Really want to get the LR ego-T atty and some new carts.

Another thing that was really bugging me about the ego-T was the copious amounts of juice I was going through...until I came to a realization. You know how when you blow the atty out into a paper towel a river of liquid comes out? Well, I realized I can recycle my juice simply by blowing back into the cart or a juice bottle. Maybe some other people know this but D'OH! Why didn't I think of this before? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread