• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

eGo T Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondieLocs

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Calgary, AB Canada
I believe this is only for eGo-T batteries specifically because it blew me away that they have a cut off. None of my other eGo batteries have this feature as far as I know and vaping for 15 seconds would blow the top of my head off, lol. I would take one for the team and vape it for science though :)

I removed my atty and held the button to see if this cut off was perhaps the device getting low on power under load, still roughly 10 seconds in the button flashes and turns off. My guess is that this is a secondary safety feature just in case you do forget to turn your eGo-T off.

Interesting... ALL of my eGo batts have a cut-off of approx. 10 seconds. (I have 650s and the eGo-T 1000.)

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Lindsay, ON
Interesting... ALL of my eGo batts have a cut-off of approx. 10 seconds. (I have 650s and the eGo-T 1000.)

Hmm, well this may actually be the case for newer kits as mine was the very first gen of eGo kits that Jack had originally. I can hold that button forever and it will just keep on going until the battery dies.

I wish I didn't smash my old eGo PT so I could test that one too, lol.

heXy

ECF Veteran
  • Feb 11, 2011
    Brampton
    What is a mofset port?

The "liquid" that climbs the walls is condensation and happens with all attys and cart combination to some extent or another. A periodic wipe of the inside with a tissue alleviates this problem. Allowing condensation to remain will often lead to leakage, or liquid in the mouth, which is not liquid perse but flavoured condensation in the mouthpiece. Remove both plugs and wick with a tissue, and you are good to go.

lol Switched, my apologies, it's not really a mosfet connection. I refer to the "hole" at the bottom of the atty as a mosfet only because it looks like a mosfet headphone jack port. But it's not, so I suppose I shouldn't.

tmac1981

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 22, 2010
    Alberta Canada
    www.cdnvapor.ca
    Bauway iTank is not a joye product and is Bauways own tank atomizer and Cartridges

Ego%20T%20Atomizer-2T.jpg

Ego%20T%20Atomizer-3T.jpg

Switched

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 18, 2010
    Dartmouth, NS Canada
    Hmm, well this may actually be the case for newer kits as mine was the very first gen of eGo kits that Jack had originally. I can hold that button forever and it will just keep on going until the battery dies.

I wish I didn't smash my old eGo PT so I could test that one too, lol.
    Ahha,

I knew I wasn't going nuts my old 650s do haver a cut out 17 secs timed. I never hit it so of course I didn't know. This of course is tested without an atty.

Lil-Stewie

ECF Veteran
    Jan 25, 2011
    London Ontario Canada

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Lindsay, ON
    Ahha,

I knew I wasn't going nuts my old 650s do haver a cut out 17 secs timed. I never hit it so of course I didn't know. This of course is tested without an atty.

Very interesting to say the least, I can hold the button on my old eGo batteries for as long as I want and it just stays on, even after a 30 second count, lol. So I suppose I was wrong again and just had old retro gear until now
    laugh.gif

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Lindsay, ON
    I do have to say, my second week with the same atty has required a good blow out (while covering the mosfet port, to clean out the air inlets), alcohol rinse and bath and wiping down the inside of the atty's top needle plate area as sometimes when liquid scales the walls, I find the draw a bit tough (like the liquid clogs the small air slots on the cart). Changing up carts made a difference with a bit of seeping.

How's yours working for you Noiz? Any other tips to get a weathered atty back to par?

Edit: My luck with CP has run out... Ordered two bottles from JC and two tank atty's from NFN last Sunday, nothings checked in at the Mississauga location yet, looking like Monday (fingers and toes crossed)

Sorry it took me so long to answer! With all of the knock off jazz going on I nearly missed it, lol.

I noticed after my first week that the vapor and TH went down considerably. I simply blew through the top of the eGo-T atty and used a cloth to clean up the excess juice until it was as dry as I could get it. I popped on a full tank and let it sit for another 5 minutes so it could properly wick and since then it has started performing exactly the same as before.

This week I will try BlondieLocs' suggestion of vaping a tank of base (in my case distilled water and VG) to keep it clean and primed and will eventually be giving it an alcohol bath like Switched suggested.

Awesome tips guys :D

BlondieLocs

ECF Veteran
    Aug 24, 2009
    Calgary, AB Canada
    This week I will try BlondieLocs' suggestion of vaping a tank of base (in my case distilled water and VG) to keep it clean and primed and will eventually be giving it an alcohol bath like Switched suggested.

Just to clarify, I vape a tank of unflavoured NIC juice, not base... I do this intermittently to keep the atty clean and primed (like you said). Other than that, all I have found I need to do for maintenance so far is a blow-out when the atty gets flooded or clogged.

Also, after a blow-out I'll use a syringe to add juice to the atty from the battery connection. I find this avoids any problems of dry hits after clearing out all the juice.

BCman

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 13, 2011
    Vancouver, BC
    Noobie here, first time vaper, first PV.

i have the Bauway EGo iTank‏ system i got from cdnvapors and have had it for 2 days now.
    Working great so far, no leaks yet.
    I started with 100%PG and that is no good for me, not big on too much TH.
    Now using 50-50 pg/vg and is wicking no prob. Even 100%vg is wicking ok so far.
    Have got the burnt taste a couple of times and i just remove cart and reinsert and fine after that.(man is that nasty!)
    i am constantly switching carts(not big on a single flavor for to long, Can't wait to find my all day vape) and i love the silicone end.
    Yes flavor is not as strong using tank system compared to dripping and cartomizer but convenience is worth the slightly diminished flavor.
    Will be interesting to see how long this lasts before/if i start having problems, hopefully not.
    All in all so far i am more then happy with what ive got as im now 2 days free of analogs after 1 PAD for 15 or so years.
    A mod is definitely in the future for sure but this was a great starter for me.
    Will be interesting to see how long i go without cleaning or problems, will keep you updated if i have any.

Vape On !

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Lindsay, ON
    Alright guys update time.

I am still using my eGo-T to go out and about and do my thing, it truly does take a LOT of the hassle out of vaping on the go. The only real issue I had was today.

I went to remove my T-tank to see how full it was and noticed that juice literally went everywhere. Confused, I looked at the tank and sure enough the plastic cap was lodged in the atty itself. It took me 15 solid minutes of fishing it out with a bent paperclip to finally get that thing out of there.

I hope this is a fluke and only a one shot deal... Anyone else had this issue?

larktdl

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 7, 2009
    Strathmore, AB
    Alright guys update time.

I am still using my eGo-T to go out and about and do my thing, it truly does take a LOT of the hassle out of vaping on the go. The only real issue I had was today.

I went to remove my T-tank to see how full it was and noticed that juice literally went everywhere. Confused, I looked at the tank and sure enough the plastic cap was lodged in the atty itself. It took me 15 solid minutes of fishing it out with a bent paperclip to finally get that thing out of there.

I hope this is a fluke and only a one shot deal... Anyone else had this issue?

I had this happen with 2 of the carts from the 5 pack that came with my kit. Since it did not matter if I filled the cart with a syringe or by removing the cap, I decided that the carts were defective. BTW, the problem happened immediately, so in this case the problem was not related to the number of times the tank was removed from the atty. And yes, quite a chore to get the cap out of the atty - PITA.

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Lindsay, ON
    I generally use a syringe to re-fill but this tank was on it's first fill, so I think it could just be a defective tank. I had taken the tank out once or twice previously (to check the fill level) and had no problems. Pre-pierced the tank and removed the excess plastic before filling as well.

That cap was really lodged in there too, I was almost concerned I would accidentally remove the wicking needle and protective plate along with it lol but luckily no issue there.

AllYourBase

ECF Veteran
    Jan 14, 2011
    Alberta
    The lid got stuck in the atomizer once for me too... To get it off, I just shoved the tank back up until the lid snapped on, twisted it to get the lid unstuck, and pulled down. Came right out. I chalked it up to pulling the tank out to check the fluid level too many times, and it must have slightly loosened the lid. When you've got airlocks and fluid and plastic lids on tanks being removed constantly, it's bound to happen sometimes.

In larktdll's case, it was probably just a couple of factory defect carts.

Ultra

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 19, 2009
    Canada USA
    www.electronic-cigz.com
    • Deleted by classwife
    • Reason: Supplier Posting in Unauthorized Area

NoizMaker

ECF Veteran
    Oct 19, 2009
    Lindsay, ON
    The lid got stuck in the atomizer once for me too... To get it off, I just shoved the tank back up until the lid snapped on, twisted it to get the lid unstuck, and pulled down. Came right out. I chalked it up to pulling the tank out to check the fluid level too many times, and it must have slightly loosened the lid. When you've got airlocks and fluid and plastic lids on tanks being removed constantly, it's bound to happen sometimes.

In larktdll's case, it was probably just a couple of factory defect carts.

Great idea and if it ever happens again I will try that method. This was a tank that I had pre-punctured and protected with the rubber condom cap filled with Swisher Spice Cigar from NFN. I set it off to the side for whenever I felt like a cigar vape, and I really only removed this specific tank to see the levels 3 or 4 times before it happened. I think it was another case of a defective tank for me as well.

EDIT: Sure works! :D TY For the tip!

Last edited:

Pipeous

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 22, 2011
    Surrey, BC, Canada
    www.madpro.ca
    I had one pop off last night right after reading this. funny how things happen like that. I just replaced the end from a busted tank. I have busted 2 tips dropping my pv and save the little inner mouth piece and caps before I toss them in case. now it's fine.

my next investment with my juice is to try the lr atty for the t. I was checking the vid on nfn about them and sounds interesting. can never have enough attys laying around anyway

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread