Disillusioned by PIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

suddenly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2009
The Secret Garden
Just going to put an experience I had...

I told a member (not through the regular pif thread) that I'd send some stuff she needed, thought I'd ship that week, it took about a week to get sent out. I'll leave out my excuses but I just had a rough week and couldn't make it to the po.

Just thought there may be others just lagging...

I have belonged to this group for awhile. This is a major reason I have not participated much. I have MS and sometimes I can walk and drive and sometimes I can't. Unfortunately I never know when this will happen. I would not like to disappoint someone.

I sometimes notice the 'cliquish' thing, but I feel it is just some members participate more often than others.

So sorry you didn't get what was offered to you. But it looks like the good people here will make up for it 3 fold. Don't let one bad apple ruin the experience for you. There are really good people here.;)

GoodDog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2009
SF East Bay
I too have been "forgotten about" by a PIFer. I am just going to move on and not worry about it. If something comes in the mail, well, that's great. If not, it's not a big deal because I know I did my part and that feels good enough for me.

Arden, please let us know what you didn't get. We need to keep on top of this because that's not what this group is about. Every offer should be received or a mod should be notified.

There are many other areas of this group than just the PIF thread. If you can't participate in that you can still be quite active in other areas. I seldom accept offers in PIF because of my health but when I do I have my offer packaged and ready to go out before even accepting another offer. There are ways of doing it with a little creativity. ;)

Last edited:

ArdentHope

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2010
TN
Arden, please let us know what you didn't get. We need to keep on top of this because that's not what this group is about. Every offer should be received or a mod should be notified.

There are many other areas of this group than just the PIF thread. If you can't participate in that you can still be quite active in other areas. I seldom accept offers in PIF because of my health but when I do I have my offer packaged and ready to go out before even accepting another offer. There are ways of doing it with a little creativity. ;)

Really, it's not a big deal. I'll PM you with the details. But it's a case of "I really want to send you something because you were so nice to help my friend." kinda thing.

The person said they were going to send me something and either forgot or something else. Nota' biggie.:D

kashmoney

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2010
USA
To the PIF Group

Thank you all for your comments on the thread I started. Also thank you to the members who generously offered me stuff to try and make things right. I didn't post so people would offer me stuff, but just to get it off my chest. After posting, I felt better and logged off and stayed off for a couple days. I am just now coming back to the forum and am overwhelmed (in a good way) by what I have read in this thread and by the pms that I received. The situation just left a bad taste in my mouth because ultimately it came down not so much to not receiving a package but basically being told that the reason I'm not receiving a package is because I don't matter. Venting was cathartic for me and helped me get over it, which I am now. This thread helped to get rid of my anger, frustration and my disillusionment. There are generous and caring people here at PIF and I would be remiss if I allowed my experience with one person to affect my ability to see the big picture. So again I thank you all for sharing your comments and your generosity with me. :)

To Elendil - If that libel statement was directed at me, I said nothing that was libelous in my OP because what I stated was the truth and I have every single pm communication between this member and myself which will bear out everything I stated..

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
To Elendil - If that libel statement was directed at me, I said nothing that was libelous in my OP because what I stated was the truth and I have every single pm communication between this member and myself which will bear out everything I stated..

hi kash, glad you're feeling better!!!

and no, i don't think elendil was addressing you but rather my suggestion to name abusers on the forum. he was concerned that that might be misconstrued since offering something on pif is voluntary and he is not sure how you can hold somebody to it.
but you can exclude such a person from the group

Last edited:

AngeLsLuv

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Lake Ariel, PA.
I don't know what it is about me, but a person can do almost anything if there is a good enough reason behind it, but if a person lies and then makes it worse by lying more to try to cover the initial lie it is done for me and I will never forgive them..

This is something... I haven't posted anything yet, but I thought that if you offer something, that you would have the package already weighed and postage attached (or weighed and the postage sitting next to it), along with insurance so that if/when someone takes up on your offer that it is ready to go after you'd place their name and addy on it, and then PM or message them to tell them it was sent, and send them the copy of the insurance to back yourself up..
*Well at least that is what I'd do*..

Last edited:

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
Kash--my statement about libelous remarks was not directed at anyone in particular. I was advising caution when the idea of a "non performing member" thread was floated. Publicly throwing rocks is rarely a good idea. These types of matters are best handled behind the scenes working through the PIF mods first who can involve me if further action is warranted. I do apologize if you felt it was directed at you specifically. I can assure you, it was not.

El

Last edited:

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
#1-Elendil is a good guy!!
#2-If I screw up please PM me to let me know,Im usually pretty good,but have been known to forget to PM my address or other silly things.Just let me know and Ill do my best to do the right thing!
#3-always give people a chance to make it right,some of us are just busy and crazy.
#4-Thank you to everyone in the group for being such wonderful people.

Gunjji

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
New Jersey
home.comcast.net
I think sometimes the postal service does loose things.

I concur... Poor Gut never received his 25 cartos from the co-op we did. I found the Postal receipt and sure enough, I had mailed them, he was listed 3rd on the receipt. I had just enough on hand to cover the loss and send him. Gut is a great guy, very considerate and understanding. Sorry you had to wait bro! If the lost 25 ever find their way to you, consider them to be "Interest" :)

I too have been "forgotten about" by a PIFer.
Ohh, I hope it wasn't me!! But if it was, you probably would have taken it out of that awesome deal on Classifieds! LOL You Are Awesome!!!

On a serious note, if I forgot anyone on PIF, pls let me know!!! I dont think I have but it is possible!

Last edited:

lilith79

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
MI
The PO is getting a very bad rep with me, I had 2 packages go missing from PIF (to me) in 2 weeks, one never showed one showed a month late. And now, I sent a package to someone on Listia with tracking and instead of delivering it to the recipient or returning it to me, it's sitting in a dead letter facility! If it weren't so expensive to ship via UPS, DHL or FedEx-I'd use them instead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread