Disillusioned by PIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

pipskicks

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
So Cal
Just going to put an experience I had...

I told a member (not through the regular pif thread) that I'd send some stuff she needed, thought I'd ship that week, it took about a week to get sent out. I'll leave out my excuses but I just had a rough week and couldn't make it to the po.

Just thought there may be others just lagging...

Just going to put an experience I had...

I told a member (not through the regular pif thread) that I'd send some stuff she needed, thought I'd ship that week, it took about a week to get sent out. I'll leave out my excuses but I just had a rough week and couldn't make it to the po.

Just thought there may be others just lagging...
I am sure this said person....understands... everyone has a life outside of PIF, and things happen! One week is understandable...a month..is a whole other story!!

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
I am sure this said person....understands... everyone has a life outside of PIF, and things happen! One week is understandable...a month..is a whole other story!!

I think a general rule should be that if you can't ship it out in a reasonable amount of time, don't offer it up until you can.

pipskicks

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2010
So Cal

I think a general rule should be that if you can't ship it out in a reasonable amount of time, don't offer it up until you can.

To be fair to myself, I was 2-3 days late because I had warned of my inability to ship right away :)

This wasn't a pif thread (trade?) section, I offered to send her something through pm.

That actually is a good idea, but it is hard I wouldn't mind if the person said "i can't ship for a week" its just when there's no warning and you're waiting for it.

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
Wondering if it was the same *guy* that scammed Bert & me...Under a different membership...Very fishy indeed..

Hey Sweetie, I don't think it's the same person. I heard that guy was frequenting another board, but is now being watched there too.

I fail at pif :(

(((pip))) No, you don't! You are not alone!!

I think the problem is; some of us are not ABLE to physically mail things out everyday, or even every other day.

As Jules once pointed out, there are a number of older (wiser! ;)), disabled, or even quite busy folks that are members here.
Personally, I have physical handicaps that *might* complicate my days, and to make matters worse, I never know how I'm going to feel, until I wake up. I can say that I'll get a package out the next day, but I might wake up and be severely restricted: when just the day before I felt fantastic. It's a stinker, but that's the way it is.

After struggling to get things out on time, I've now had to limit my participation because of that fact. I would rather play a bigger part, but I just don't know how I'm going to feel day-to-day, so I can't guarantee next day shipping. (and I do believe that is what happened with the whole co-op fiasco)

Now I'm not implying that is what happened in this case, but I do think we should take this into account, and try and be more leinient with each other. This IS a giving type community, and we should be giving and loving in all ways; including not expecting miracles where they can't exist.
If this happened on the classifieds, if someone paid for an item, and didn't receive it in a timely matter, I believe that would fall in a different category. But these are gifts. We are helping and lending hand, and gifting things to each other. In that case I think we (as someone else pointed out) should at least give the other person a week to mail.

In this case, however, a month is unacceptable. BUT, perhaps he forgot. Myself, I have to write it in a journal, and it's still possible I've forgotton one (hope not.. I hope someone would let me know!)

All mailing aside, I think the main issue is not whether or not Kash recieved the items offered, i think it was the way he/she was treated (in an offhanded, you are not important, manner) I believe that is the root of the problem, and what should ultimately be addressed.

Keep in mind that the main function of the PIF forum, is to PAY IT FORWARD. Getting something in return is a nice bonus, but the main reason one should participate is to actually give, not receive.

Now that being said, if you do offer to give someone then you should honor your word in a timely manner. A week is not too long to wait to ship out an item... some of the people would have to hit the mail daily as much as they paricipate. Doing PIF's and trading and then mailing out everything once a week would be acceptable I would think.

There is absolutely NO reason a person should wait a month. PERIOD.

To the OP, PM me your address and I will send you a 10 flavor sample pack.

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
All mailing aside, I think the main issue is not whether or not Kash recieved the items offered, i think it was the way he/she was treated (in an offhanded, you are not important, manner) I believe that is the root of the problem, and what should ultimately be addressed.[/QUOTE]

i agree, i think if there would have been an explanation, an apology, or a pm saying: "look i thought i had it, but i don't, what can we do" it would have been a completely different story.

well put ladies!!! and Mutt u rock!!!!!:headbang:......this family is awesome!!!

All mailing aside, I think the main issue is not whether or not Kash recieved the items offered, i think it was the way he/she was treated (in an offhanded, you are not important, manner) I believe that is the root of the problem, and what should ultimately be addressed.

i agree, i think if there would have been an explanation, an apology, or a pm saying: "look i thought i had it, but i don't, what can we do" it would have been a completely different story.[/QUOTE]

sensay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2010
Neverland
Hey Sweetie, I don't think it's the same person. I heard that guy was frequenting another board, but is now being watched there too.

(((pip))) No, you don't! You are not alone!!

I think the problem is; some of us are not ABLE to physically mail things out everyday, or even every other day.

As Jules once pointed out, there are a number of older (wiser! ;)), disabled, or even quite busy folks that are members here.
Personally, I have physical handicaps that *might* complicate my days, and to make matters worse, I never know how I'm going to feel, until I wake up. I can say that I'll get a package out the next day, but I might wake up and be severely restricted: when just the day before I felt fantastic. It's a stinker, but that's the way it is.

After struggling to get things out on time, I've now had to limit my participation because of that fact. I would rather play a bigger part, but I just don't know how I'm going to feel day-to-day, so I can't guarantee next day shipping. (and I do believe that is what happened with the whole co-op fiasco)

Now I'm not implying that is what happened in this case, but I do think we should take this into account, and try and be more leinient with each other. This IS a giving type community, and we should be giving and loving in all ways; including not expecting miracles where they can't exist.
If this happened on the classifieds, if someone paid for an item, and didn't receive it in a timely matter, I believe that would fall in a different category. But these are gifts. We are helping and lending hand, and gifting things to each other. In that case I think we (as someone else pointed out) should at least give the other person a week to mail.

In this case, however, a month is unacceptable. BUT, perhaps he forgot. Myself, I have to write it in a journal, and it's still possible I've forgotton one (hope not.. I hope someone would let me know!)

In this particular case it is not about not having time to ship or not being able to make it to the post office.. I have been waiting a couple of months on an offer from same poster as Kash. With alot of promises of add ons for the inconvenience. I have been told he mailed it with the wrong addy and it got sent back to him, he lost a part and had to find it, lots of stuff, I never have received anything 2 1/2 month later. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt too but I gave up on getting mine.

Last edited:

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
In this particular case I dont think it is about not having time to ship or not being able to make it to the post office.. I have been waiting a couple of months on an offer from same poster as Kash. With alot of promises of add ons for the inconvenience. been told he mailed it with the wrong addy and it got sent back to him. never have received it. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt too but I gave up on getting mine a long time ago

that's why i can't understand why under those circumstances people could not post
"still waiting on soandso's offer"
that leaves room for an explanation but also raises a little flag. i know toni does not agree but to me it would help to weed out people who are taking advantage

In this particular case I dont think it is about not having time to ship or not being able to make it to the post office.. I have been waiting a couple of months on an offer from same poster as Kash. With alot of promises of add ons for the inconvenience. been told he mailed it with the wrong addy and it got sent back to him. never have received it. I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt too but I gave up on getting mine a long time ago
NO way........holy cow!!!! So sorry to hear that Sensay!! Geesh....that makes me sooo mad:mad:

sensay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2010
Neverland
NO way........holy cow!!!! So sorry to hear that Sensay!! Geesh....that makes me sooo mad:mad:
Its not a huge deal to me although it is dissapointing and I was not going to say anything thinking it was a one time deal, but knowing that others have been affected I felt like I needed to speak up so it did not happen again

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
I would like to offer my :2c: on the whole "Timely mailing" thing..

I like to think that the folks around here are friendly enough to be patient (to a point of course) and understand that one has a life beyond the forum. I have been honest and upfront in all of my PIFs and have never been cryptic. If I can't get a package out until a certain day, I say that and people will almost always understand. I've not had one complaint. I believe it took me almost 5 days to ship out my very first PIF to BiancaMontgomery and she was nothing but understanding in every way.

Leannebug - You should not feel restricted about your activity on PIF just because you can't go to the PO every single day!

People really just want you to be honest to them and treat them as YOU would want to be treated. If there's some reason that you can't get a package out - Say that. Don't go around making up stories about how it's already been sent out and this and that.

I agree a month is a long time to wait for a PIF, however we must remember that sometimes life gets out of our hands. If it's going to take you that long, just say so. I wouldn't mind as long as I was being told the truth.

With that being said, I consider a 'timely' manner to be within a week of when you offered a PIF. Personally, I TRY to get to the PO the following day, but that doesn't always work out. I do have a husband and a kid and i'm taking online classes for the summer.. Sometimes I just can't squeeze in the measly 30 minutes it takes to go run that errand! It happens.

I am very saddened over what happened to Kashmonkey. Because of one member she now looks at the entire group with less love. I know that many people would bend over backwards if you were in need my dear, and I see it going on right now. The group can seem cliquish at times, but when it comes down to it we have but one vendetta and that is to help those in need. Regardless of how many posts they have or when their join date is. Please remember that.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
I believe it took me almost 5 days to ship out my very first PIF to BiancaMontgomery and she was nothing but understanding in every way.

I'm pretty good like that. LOL :)

We can't all get out to the post office everyday...everyone should know and understand that. That being said, I agree with Sallana, keeping someone updated will usually keep them happy. Just let them know you're having trouble getting out or that you misplaced the item (Hi XXXXXX!) and that you'll get it out ASAP...then tell them when you mail it. Let's them know you didn't forget them ...or worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ...off the analogs for years!
Most of what's been chewed over here is really common sense. A PM takes less than a minute. Just let the person know you've run into a snag.

I will add an additional :2c:

I think it's courteous to PM people and let them know when the package they have sent arrives as well. And thank them.

I wasn't allowed to play with new toys or spend $$ when I was a kid until I had my thank you letters written. That lesson stuck with me I guess.

Sallana

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
the North Pole
www.lynnekirsch.com
I think it's courteous to PM people and let them know when the package they have sent arrives as well. And thank them.

How is that not just common sense? I ALWAYS Pm people when I get a package and I thank them - Whether or NOT I paid for it. I would be a little irritated if someone never told me they got their package, how they liked the flavors.. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread