Status
Not open for further replies.

lulu836

Jambalya, crawfish pie, 'da filé gumbo
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
I received 2 of these at no charge from an ECF member who received them as contest prizes some time ago. They were vaped until depleted and put aside. I have one working but not the other. When I hit the fire button on either there is a blue ring light around the very top of the black part and also the ash cap glows blue. I fiddeled with the one that I got to working by pulling the contact gently up a mm or so but the second one will not connect at all. Since it shows blue when I press the fire button I assume it is charged but putting it on the charger does nothing as the light on the USB stays green which I know is its default color when it is just plugged into the USB and not charging anything. What really has be baffled is that at the top of the battery (just below the fire button) is this: LR 1.25

What does that mean? I've managed to identify them as T-Rex batteries but the writing on the barrel has me a little confused.

Thanks

lulu836

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 400

lulu836

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
Low resistance 1.25 ohms.

Ummm....thanks. I already figured that out. I've only ever seen a logo or an identifier of some ilk before on a battery. The question was more about the significance of the LR 1.25 as opposed to the literal translation.

lulu836

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
Is there a hole on the bottom of the batteries? I have a T-REX pass-thru that has the same ring and it will not charge on the 510/eGo chargers. have to use the Nokia plug on the bottom.

No there isn't a USB connection on the bottom. I've charged one on an eGo charger and it works pretty well. I contacted a vendor that sold them once and they are apparently the first edition of the Trex. The bottom has a blue light that glows when the fire button is pushed and there is a blue light ring just at the top of the battery that also lights up. One battery works, one does not. I've tried pulling gently on the contact as I have done with many other ecig batteries but it will not stay in place.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
my guess is that the LR 1.25 ohms stamp got plced on there in error, meant for a cartomizer or atomizer.

my other gues sis that these batts were being advertised as being able to run attys/cartos as low as 1.25ohms.

also, if it were me, id try to get the center pin pulled up on the one that wont fire. or maybe bump the center pin out on a nova, rba, carto, etc to see if itll make contact. my view is theres not much to lose on a free batt, if you junk it, no sweat IMO.

lulu836

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
Shreveport
my guess is that the LR 1.25 ohms stamp got plced on there in error, meant for a cartomizer or atomizer.

my other gues sis that these batts were being advertised as being able to run attys/cartos as low as 1.25ohms.

also, if it were me, id try to get the center pin pulled up on the one that wont fire. or maybe bump the center pin out on a nova, rba, carto, etc to see if itll make contact. my view is theres not much to lose on a free batt, if you junk it, no sweat IMO.

I have one running a nova tank but the other is,I think a dead straight loss. I have metered both of them. The functional one is @ 3.7V and the other one returns nothing but zeroes. I've tried several times to pull the pin up and although it moves up a little bit, when I sit it back gently on the workbench the pin just drops back into the barrel. I think I will just be content with the freebie and give the other one a decent burial.

Your suggestion about the misleading labeling seems absolutely on point since the batts were prizes in a contest. Thanks for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread