• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Cake Recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mookie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
Rochester, NY
(ohmagosh...I dunk chocolate bunnies too !)

Really?!?!? I never met anyone else who did. I usually wait until no one is around because I make such a mess. I look like a little kid with chocolate smeared all over my face and hands! Have you ever tried orange chocolate? It is the best and comes in bunnies too!

Mookie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
Rochester, NY
And I thought I was chocolate crazy!!!! :laugh:

BTW - I love the green M&M. She is my fav! I have the cutest shoulder/shopping type back with her laying out all sexy looking on it.

I am beyond chocolate crazy. I find if I cut out all fruit (unless dipped in chocolate) and veggies that I can still eat lots of chocolate and still keep my figure - :laugh:

Fudgey

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Oklahoma
BTW - I love the green M&M. She is my fav! I have the cutest shoulder/shopping type back with her laying out all sexy looking on it.

I am beyond chocolate crazy. I find if I cut out all fruit (unless dipped in chocolate) and veggies that I can still eat lots of chocolate and still keep my figure - :laugh:

:D:D:D I love her too!! I even got a house key made with her on it......LOL

Last edited:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Really?!?!? I never met anyone else who did. I usually wait until no one is around because I make such a mess. I look like a little kid with chocolate smeared all over my face and hands! Have you ever tried orange chocolate? It is the best and comes in bunnies too!

I've not see a bunny. but I buy several of the "oranges" when they come out at Christmastime and put the in the freezer !

Mookie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
Rochester, NY
I've not see a bunny. but I buy several of the "oranges" when they come out at Christmastime and put the in the freezer !

I like those too. It's same idea but at Easter time some of the "higher" quality chocolate makers make it molded into bunnies. At least they do locally. Get a nice 1 or 2 pound solid one and I am in dunking bunny nirvana for days! Don't forget the tall glass of cold milk and pepto bismal because I just can't learn to stop myself from over doing it!!!

funnyfarm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
East Texas
I like those too. It's same idea but at Easter time some of the "higher" quality chocolate makers make it molded into bunnies. At least they do locally. Get a nice 1 or 2 pound solid one and I am in dunking bunny nirvana for days! Don't forget the tall glass of cold milk and pepto bismal because I just can't learn to stop myself from over doing it!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: Mookie, you crack me up! If we got you and my DH together, you'd both die of chocolate overdose! :laugh:

Okay, here's one for you until I find the cake recipe (if I see the ding-danged thing! The type is minuscule and I can't find my magnifying glass! :laugh:) :

Decadent Truffle Bottom Chocolate Cream Pie

1 refrigerated pie crust
2 c. mini marshmallows (or 20 full size)
1/2 c. milk
1 12 oz. pkg. Hershey's Special Dark Choc. Chips
1 c. heavy whipping cream
Sweetened whipped cream or whipped topping

Prepare single pie crust according to directions.

Combine milk and marshmallows in micro-safe bowl. Nuke at 50% for 1 minute. Stir well. If necessary, continue nuking at 50%, 30 seconds at a time, each time stirring, until all marshmallows are melted and mixture is smooth. Add choc. chips and stir until completely melted and smooth. If necessary, nuke at 50% for 15 seconds at a time, stirring thoroughly after each, until chips are completely melted and mixture is smooth. Poor 1 c. of mixture into pie crust. Cool remaining misture to room temperature. Beat cream until stiff. Stir into remaining choc. mixture, stirring until completely blended. Spread over choc. layer in crust. Refrigerate 4-5 hours or until completely chilled. Top with whipped cream and dive in!! :laugh:

Tips: ONLY use the Hershey's Special Dark -- it won't turn out right with others, including Nestle's Dark Choc. Chips
I sweeten the whipped cream that goes in the pie just a little, but it's strictly according to taste.

This is the richest, chocolatiest pie I have EVER tasted, including my family's special super chocolate, super rich, chocolate meringue pie!! Even DH can only eat a small slice at a time!

Oh, and Mookie, LOVE your avi! Beautiful!!

Mookie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
Rochester, NY
Funnyfarm - I am definitely trying that one. Sounds fabulous. I also have a passion for chocolate and marshmallows. A couple nights ago I almost wrote to you guys but thought you would then KNOW I am REALLY nuts. At midnight I just had to have a fix. I made one of those "microwave brownie mug" type recipes. Doubled it, added marshmallows and chunks of Lindt dark orange chocolate bar. Under-nuked it a tad so it was nice and gooey! OMG, total sugar shock at midnight! I couldn't fall asleep until 4am! I should be 200lbs but fortunately I'm not!

This is also our birthday month. My daughter's was last week and we made a wonderful flan. Mine is this weekend and per my request my DH is getting a "Ding Dong Cake" from a local bakery that is just sinful:

Savoia Pastry Shoppe - Rochester, NY

Then in a couple weeks it's DH's b-day. He has requested a coconut cake or red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. I tried making him a coconut cake a couple years ago but totally failed. I believe it was Ina Garten's recipe but I'm not sure. I've never made a red velvet though. I'm not the greatest baker. I try and try but seem to do best with the simple recipes. But I want to be able to make him something fabulous!

Mookie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
Rochester, NY
Never heard of it before but I googled it quickly and it sounds yummy. Is it basically a coconut cake but with nuts? I think he would like that!

He had a coconut cake from someone at work a few years ago and has never stopped raving about it. He says it was incredibly moist, with strong coconut flavor. I had the recipe and lost it but that is the one I messed up. All I remember is that between the cake and the frosting there was an incredible amount of butter - like 5 sticks!!!!!

funnyfarm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 18, 2011
East Texas
:laugh: Sounds like the makings of a great cake! :laugh: I'm big on real butter and cream for baking -- makes things richer and moister! Italian Cream is its own thing, tho similar to a really rich coconut cake. I'll post the recipe if you like, plus I always include my tips and hints to help. One thing, before you bake another thing, unless you KNOW your oven's correctly calibrated, get yourself an oven thermometer! They're not expensive ($5 to $10, I'd say) and accurate temperature is a MUST for really good baking. I'll post the recipe in the a.m., 'cause we're just about to eat and we'll crash after that. Okay?

Mookie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2011
Rochester, NY
I do need and will go buy a thermometer. I think my oven is off and it also is stronger on one side. I always turn my food around a couple times while baking/cooking just to be safe.

What is your take on butter vs. crisco? A baker told me to use half of each in choc. chip cookies because crisco doesn't burn as fast. She said it makes cookies softer which I prefer. I also prefer them with brown sugar.

Hubbies b-day isn't until the 21st so you have plenty of time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread