Brushed Brass mechanical mod maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

elee86

Jun 7, 2014
Winty City
Hello fellow ECFers.

Just have a quick question,

I have a brushed brass Turtle Ship mod that I got couple days ago and it has already tarnished (can see difference in the extension tube i wasn't using). I actually like the tarnished look but would like the option to have it cleaned back to original.

Would would I use to get this done? Brasso and microfiber cloth? It's an authentic so i'm kinda scared to just try anything.

Thanks!

IMG_2190.jpg
Can't see too well in the picture

Last edited:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
A mild metal polish, like Simichrome... or even milder Never Dull wadding, will remove the tarnish without damaging the logos.
If you screw on a used cartomizer (or GP PnB adapter if you want to spring for one), you can chuck it up in a hand drill or drill press... making the polishing process much easier.
After polishing, apply a few coats Renaissance Wax.

elee86

Jun 7, 2014
Winty City
A mild metal polish, like Simichrome... or even milder Never Dull wadding, will remove the tarnish without damaging the logos.
If you screw on a used cartomizer (or GP PnB adapter if you want to spring for one), you can chuck it up in a hand drill or drill press... making the polishing process much easier.
After polishing, apply a few coats Renaissance Wax.

Thanks for the quick response. I can pick up those products at the local hardware store?

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Thanks for the quick response. I can pick up those products at the local hardware store?
Other than the drill chuck adapter and perhaps the Renaissance Wax... yes - both polishes are quite commonly available. The Renaissance Wax can usually be found at arts and crafts stores.

Papp

Jun 23, 2014
Bonn, Germany
I use NevrDull too for any brass that needs a touch-up. For corrosion protection, I use Japanese Camellia oil. It is an oil, yes, but it has a very pleasant smell. The one I have is from Germany, www . fine-tools . com / pflege. htm, but it should be available everywhere. Normally, I use it for chisel and plane blades. Since only a very thin coat is required, one bottle lasts ages.

Sorry for the broken link, I am new here and may not post links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread