Mr Clean Magic Eraser for polishing copper/brass

Status
Not open for further replies.

VenusianSky

Verified Member
May 25, 2014
Pittsburgh
So I decided to polish my tarnishing Overdose mod to see how it would go. Initially, I used Brasso and an old t-shirt, dampened with water. While it worked ok, I wasn't satisfied. It seems to either cause micro scratches or did nothing to polish them out. I decided to try a dampened Mr Clean Magic Eraser, along with Brasso. I was pretty happy with the results and thought I'd post a picture. The scratches started to polish out with it, bringing back that mirror-like finish. I could probably polish them out even more, but I think it looks pretty good. I didn't polish the 510 and switch rings. Pretty much the entire tube had about the same amount of tarnish, to give you an idea of how the polishing turned out. I actually kind of like how it looks now with the tarnished ends and may leave it like that for a while. That is the nice thing about copper and brass. You can have a different looking mod by simply letting it tarnish or polish.

IMG_020.jpg
IMG_021.jpg

Last edited:

NikZak

May 28, 2014
Melbourne, Australia
Looks pretty sweet

I haven't polished any of my mech mods so far (the only one I have that I'm letting tarnish that isn't SS is a Brass Stingray) but from my days of collecting Zippos and polishing other things made of brass and SS I have always found that Mother's Mag Wheel polish is my favorite, then I usually hit it with some Wax/Polish for car duco

I find that combination brings out the lustre in almost any metal

VenusianSky

Verified Member
May 25, 2014
Pittsburgh
I will probably try out the mother's wheel polish. I had some Brasso that I had bought a little while ago for something else. Also had the magic eraser that I bought to clean with, but I would probably use it again unless I find something better. I thought it worked really well with little effort and it didn't causes scratches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread